X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e30BMart
    replied
    Originally posted by blackhawkimpact View Post
    Exactly what I was looking for, thanks! Next is the ZHP knob hehe hiihohoho =D

Leave a comment:

• blackhawkimpact
    replied
    Originally posted by e30BMart View Post
    Haha, thanks for the advice! Sick car in your sig man. Also, I see a shift kit on blunttech but it looks like a z3 1.9 shifter on there, I would ask for a z4 2.5 but the contact us doesn't work.. BMA I have also checked and the kit is 99 or something and I don't know how to specify what shifter I want... PS: I live in canada so shipping from the US might be an issue, any candian sites where I can find what I'm looking for?

That's where I'm getting mine.

Leave a comment:

• DTFE30
    replied
    Hey guys I'm ordering all the replacement bushings and the plastic shifter ball bushing and I am also getting one of the z3/z4 shifters above. Any advice on what shift lever works the best based on experience?

Leave a comment:

• e30BMart
    replied
    Haha, thanks for the advice! Sick car in your sig man. Also, I see a shift kit on blunttech but it looks like a z3 1.9 shifter on there, I would ask for a z4 2.5 but the contact us doesn't work.. BMA I have also checked and the kit is 99 or something and I don't know how to specify what shifter I want... PS: I live in canada so shipping from the US might be an issue, any candian sites where I can find what I'm looking for?

Leave a comment:

• dude8383
    replied
    I went 'till page 38 and am sick of reading. And so i ask; Where can I buy the z4 2.5 shifter with bushings (my shifter is very loose in gear) for the best money? THANK YOU!
    You should also change the "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" to something more reasonable so you don't have to scroll through 38 fucking pages :)

Leave a comment:

• JRKOUPE
    replied
    I went 'till page 38 and am sick of reading. And so i ask; Where can I buy the z4 2.5 shifter with bushings (my shifter is very loose in gear) for the best money? THANK YOU!
    try Blunt

try BMA

et etc...

Leave a comment:

• e30BMart
    replied

Leave a comment:

• e30BMart
    replied
    Originally posted by optimusp517 View Post
    Oh man oh man the Z4 2.5 lever made a HUGE difference! Not too notchy at all compared to what I've driven, it's nice to have the click-click feel honestly. I did notice one thing I forgot to consider after installation. The stock shift knob will not fit!

Which one have you guys purchased to make up for the shorter lenght of the rod where the shift knob goes?
    Get the ZHP knob. Absolutely the most marvellous knob in the world ='P

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    Originally posted by E30_80Y View Post
    I pulled the trigger on those $36 shipped ebay ones, installed it today and it is great. It's a bit notchy and not OEM smooth, but throws are short. I am running E36 M3 tranny with a S52, I had previously shortened my shifting arm and selector rod. That made my stock M42 shifter EXTRA long throws. So now after this ebay shifter install, i'm very happy.

install pointers; the two polyurethane bushings that came with it were too thick, so i wasnt able to insert the snap ring back on the selector rod without shaving its side down. the rest was easy.
    How much shorter are your throws from stock? Which kit did you order?

Leave a comment:

• tabasco
    replied
    Just installed the AKG Quickshift in E30 #1. It is awesome. If you have the means...I highly suggest you try one.

Leave a comment:

• safira18
    replied
    I accept with M Roadster SSK
    1x . . . 25 11 2 228 384 - M Roadster Shift Lever
    4x . . . 25 11 1 220 439 - Spacer Rings (two extra)
    1x . . . 25 11 1 220 832 - Rubber Bearing sleeve (could be replaced with UUC Delrin Bushings)
    2x . . . 25 11 1 220 379 - Circlips $0.50 (one extra)
    1x . . . 25 11 1 220 600 - Nylon Shift Bushing - $4.00

Leave a comment:

• E30_80Y
    replied
    I pulled the trigger on those $36 shipped ebay ones, installed it today and it is great. It's a bit notchy and not OEM smooth, but throws are short. I am running E36 M3 tranny with a S52, I had previously shortened my shifting arm and selector rod. That made my stock M42 shifter EXTRA long throws. So now after this ebay shifter install, i'm very happy.

install pointers; the two polyurethane bushings that came with it were too thick, so i wasnt able to insert the snap ring back on the selector rod without shaving its side down. the rest was easy.

Leave a comment:

• Eric
    replied
    Originally posted by 36brua View Post
    Does the X5 need to be bent, or straightened ? for the E30 is the photo of stk shifter? Thnx
    Yes, and it's not hard! Stick the ball and pin in a protected vise grips. Stick a pipe on the other side and push... That's it!

Leave a comment:

• Airplanecar8
    replied
    Man this thread is nice. I have a few questions if someone has the time.

1. What shifter parts need to be replaced. Just the plastic shell bushing's? What needs to be bent?

2. What is cost effective over stock? Can I expect to do a swap for less than 100 dollars if I Pull the part myself?

thanks aiplanecar8

Leave a comment:

• 36brua
    replied
    Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
    Copied this from my post, I also have an X5 shifter on mine.

Short clip of the shifter travel in my E30 24v.Note, this is with the Getrag 250. I'm now rocking a ZF 320 box, will make a video in the future.

Z3 on the left, X5 on the right.

It's perfect, its a tad shorter than the Z3 1.9 Lever but not even close to being as knotchy as the Z4 levers are. Its a good 1" - 1.5" taller than the Z3 lever. I also have the UUC double shear rod installed so everything is nicely weighted now. Also, I had to shave down the area where the lever slides into the uuc rod because it was slightly wider than the Z3, you should be able to see it in the pics above.
    Does the X5 need to be bent, or straightened ? for the E30 is the photo of stk shifter? Thnx

Leave a comment:

Working...
X