how about door sills or door mouldings?
    1998 528i auto on staggered DSII

Comment

no

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

The mirror lenses can be swapped...

I just put a E30 part onto my E36...its almost cool now ;)

Comment

NANDO, you say the motor for the econometer can be switched out. Will this allow my gauge to finally read properly? I have the s52 and I get a whoping 36 miles to the gallon… aww yeah…… yeah fucking right, I calculated a solid 17mpg by running my tank empty filling a gallon and seeing how far it got me. I would like my on board computer and econometer to read the correct readings if possible. It will just be cleaner… (mentally for myself)

Comment

Its way easier to fill your tank, drive and count the miles. Then fill it again. Divide the number of miles driven by how many gallons it took to fill the tank again.

Comment

Originally posted by sleepingbeauty View Post
              NANDO, you say the motor for the econometer can be switched out. Will this allow my gauge to finally read properly? I have the s52 and I get a whoping 36 miles to the gallon… aww yeah…… yeah fucking right, I calculated a solid 17mpg by running my tank empty filling a gallon and seeing how far it got me. I would like my on board computer and econometer to read the correct readings if possible. It will just be cleaner… (mentally for myself)
              no.. you need to be able to correct the programming of the cluster. the motor that drives the gauge is the same.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

somebody had made a new coding chip to fix the mpg function with swapped motors iirc
                Build Threads:
                Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

do the subframes swap?
                    The rear is completely, utterly, and totally different. So while it'd be a nice upgrade,
                    as it's a much more clever design, it would take a ton of fabrication.

The front, it might, but why? It's just a tube...

t
                    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

OK, so I was looking up the costs of buying an S50/52 engine for my E30, and had a thought of just buying a 96-98 M3, and swapping over parts. Now, heres my confusion:

can I swap over the front and rear suspension to do a 5-lug conversion as well? Or will I need to source other parts to complete the swap?
                      Needs: Working window regulators for my E30 sedan;)

Comment

Originally posted by usingthejohn View Post
                        OK, so I was looking up the costs of buying an S50/52 engine for my E30, and had a thought of just buying a 96-98 M3, and swapping over parts. Now, heres my confusion:

can I swap over the front and rear suspension to do a 5-lug conversion as well? Or will I need to source other parts to complete the swap?
                        You will need to source other parts as well. Such as a m50 oil pan from a 525i.
                        Also you can't swap the rear suspension out, you will need to get e30 m3 or 318ti components or re-drill the current hubs. Tho you should read up on that, to see what suits you best.

Comment

ive heard its a difficult swap... but the rear model badge can b swapped...
                          1989 325i SETA stroker [delphin] R3V'd 8/31/2011
                          1989 325ix [zinnoberrot] $OLD
                          1970 2002 [Nevada]

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken
                          guy must have slid into something that doesn't look like a car vs car hit
                          Originally posted by ak-
                          Must of slid into Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
                            You will need to source other parts as well. Such as a m50 oil pan from a 525i.
                            Also you can't swap the rear suspension out, you will need to get e30 m3 or 318ti components or re-drill the current hubs. Tho you should read up on that, to see what suits you best.
                            thank you for that. one last question, although i THINK i'm certain it's a Negative, but would the regular E36 front suspension/hubs/brakes swap over for a 5 lug conversion?
                            Needs: Working window regulators for my E30 sedan;)

Comment

E36 cabrio fixed antenna can be swapped into any E30 to replace the power unit.

Comment

This is a great thread, I daily drive a salvaged titled 97 M3, and I'm planning on taking everything I can out of that car and putting it into my 89 325i, thanks again. BUMP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X