Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never sieze! Mine just spin out.
    Originally posted by codyep3
    I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
    2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
    1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
    1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
    2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
    2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
    2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
    2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
    2010 F650gs twin
    2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Ok, took it into my buddy's shop and they got the axle out in about 3minutes. Using a ball peen hammer and mini sledge. Not sure where I went wrong but its all done now, go figure. The ride is much better now. No more damn rotational noise driving me crazy.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I removed three axles last week. Had to remove all of them with the ball peen and baby sledge. hardest part of the job so far.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Ugh my car sounds like if I have straight cut gears, so annoying when I drive far. Not lookjng forward to this.

Comment

Still renting my rear bearing tool :)
            Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
            http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Can confirm that parking lot rear wheel bearings without the proper tools sucks major ass

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Day 2 of parking lot wheel bearing job:

Literally the most time consuming parts of this job have been driving to get tools and getting stuck on literally the dumbest bullshit.

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                  Day 2 of parking lot wheel bearing job:

Literally the most time consuming parts of this job have been driving to get tools and getting stuck on literally the dumbest bullshit.
                  Did you rent the rear wheel bearing removal tool? I'll give you props for doing repair work in what looks like a public parking lot! :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Cha Ching View Post
                    Did you rent the rear wheel bearing removal tool? I'll give you props for doing repair work in what looks like a public parking lot! :up:
                    "Borrowed" one from harbor freight. It worked pretty well, though.

Comment

I bought that tool to do my rear wheel bearing on the 2001 suby 2.5rs a while back. Ended up doing all 4 and stripping the bolt that came with it (harbor freight)

I suggest finding a better bolt from home depo or w/e if you're going to do a few bearings and put some antiseize, grease or oil on the bolt to make it last longer and save you time in the long run (if it strips on your 3rd bearing like mine did).

Bought to start my E30's rear bearings, these don't seem any worse, maybe just more rust but every thing i've taken off of an E30 usually came off with ease compared to my suby.

Comment

do you know where I can rent that tool?

Comment

i'm renting the tool. lol

So far my plan hasnt really been cost feasible with shipping etc. lmk what would be far.

Current plan is $20 a week + cost of shipping both ways + refundable $250
                          Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                          http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Comment

I was able to pull my axles out by hand

A few notes as I did this about a month ago:

-The bearing puller from harbor freight saved the day.
                            -The bearing race stuck to the hub for me. I was able to get a puller in there and get it free. A dremel would have been next if that didn't work.
                            -The slip ring was alot heavier than I expected. It bent my tiny clamps and had to buy a heavy duty one.
                            -Highly recommended that you do the axles at the same time if it's time to change them.
                            1989 325i S50 swapped
                            2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

Thread Revival*** (I apologize in advance)

Currently waiting to put the bearings back in, my question is, what part of the bearing do I grease? And what part of the trailing arm housing do I grease?

Second question, is the red multipurpose grease ok?

Comment

The beating is sealed and lubed at the factory and a little light oil on the outside will help it install
                                Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                                Alice the Time Capsule
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                                87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Working...
                                X