No announcement yet.

Dyno tuning costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I misunderstood the OP then. What is include for $750 for an NA engine? I thought that was the cost of the tune and the dyno time.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post
      $750 actually gets you nothing. it's just a base charge. you have to add set up and which hourly fee hourly fee to get anywhere at a minimum. $1040 is the cheapest you could get away with. that would be for one hour of self tuning on N/A engine with stock cams and no printout.
      Wait, what? That's a setup fee? They aren't running a manufacturing shop here, that doesn't make sense. But it is Canada...

saskatchewan. about 250km away from my location. travel would have to be taken in to account. there is a hub dyno getting set up soon at a shop here though, might be a little more reasonable but not as versatile.
      ​As long as it can do steady state runs in addition to pulls a hub dyno is perfectly adequate.

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
        Maybe I misunderstood the OP then. What is include for $750 for an NA engine? I thought that was the cost of the tune and the dyno time.
        $750 is just a base charge for the the privilege of being in the same room as the dyno. the set up, tuning, and hourly charges come on top of that.

Comment

Yeah, that is straight up ridiculous. I misunderstood.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
            Yeah, that is straight up ridiculous. I misunderstood.
            it's a $1000 if you have a turbo. whether the turbo is stock or not.

Comment

it's a $1000 if you have a turbo. whether the turbo is stock or not.
              Did you enquire with them?
              89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post

Did you enquire with them?
                yes.

edit : not so much for tuning. i was considering getting the car on a dyno for a couple pulls to see how decent it is after the build. i'm gonna run a sssquid chip. it's not much a burning desire lol, i know ther car isn't going to be much off stock as far as hp level.

Comment

Working...
                X