Miller W.A.R. Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
    wow man that seems extremely rich but if you dyned it.
    Is that for max power or some sort of safety net?
    not that rich really 12.5 to 13.5 is normal for peak power NA, small AFR changes have pretty small impact on power.

If you hear knock you retard ignition timing
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Recieved my PSIK and War chip yesterday, so i thought id give a quick install review.

Ill start out with the particulars of my e30. it is an early model (86 e) with a late model stroker in it. I have also completed a e36 rack swap using the factory e30 high pres hose.

so, install is pretty simple. The rubber elbow they have is a 3inch 90 degree piece, on the m20 throttle side it has a little insert to step it down the the right size (2.5"?) This little piece while effective is a bit of a PITA. it slides out fairly easily, it also adds about 1/4" length to the end of the elbow meaning that you dont get as much engagement with the actual elbow and the TB as you might like. When i put on the clamp i made sure to have it half and half on the elbow and the insert. Note 2 about the elbow, that rubber is really sticky, have some windex on hand to aid with installing it. The ICV in my case is in a really strange position, its pushed out enough that it is right on top of the dipstick, i can still remove the dipstick but just barely. Perhaps relocating the ICV and including a longer hose from ICV to TB would be better. Now the other end, the filter must be installed before you bolt up the tube, which is a bit annoying. Also i have to relocate my horn, which isn't a problem at all and it says that in the manual. On to the pictures. As youll see there is a bit of a problem with the early model filter location, which in dry weather it will certainly provide lots of free flowing air, if its raining there is nothing to block the rain from the filter.

edit: forgot to mention that with the rack swap i have the HP hose turned around so the metal tube side is on the pump, in order to fit the intake i had to bend the metal tube on the HP line so its got about 1/4" of space between it and the intake.

Last edited by NC325iC; 02-15-2011, 06:01 PM.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
      Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Nice report and photos 8-)
        Have you already got some driving experience with it?
        Can you recommend this KIT?

I am also thinking about purchasing a miller 3" MAF + War chip.
        But I don´t really like their 3" rubber elbow. So i am not really sure what to do...
        Maybe I´m going to use a 2,5" to 3" reducer elbow and make my own piping, similar to the Miller one.

Comment

unfortunately i havent driven it yet as my fuel pressure regulator has shit its pants and must be re sealed.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
          Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Sorry to go sorta off topic here since this is most NA m20 territory here, but how do your W.A.R and Maf kits cope with forced induction. A lot of FI people always get a full standalone ECU but reading about your product including your turbo tuning package, I think that it would be enough for the kind of person who would be over the moon if his m20 can put down 300whp. It is such a more simpler alternative why do people cause themselves head aches wiring a full standalone?

Comment

Because people like to know exactly what's going on with their engine :)
              The miller maf doesn't have a datalogger. You can't tune unless you're on a dyno or
              buy separate datalogger ($300 + sensors?)

It's limited to specific injectors and
              allot of other good reasons why "people cause themselves head aches wiring a full standalone"

Comment

thanks i think ill just get ms2, with the motronic conversion im doing apparently it's about 90% plug and play after that

Comment

Been running my Miller PSIK for the past month here in Paradise and loving it. On a stock m20b25 with <100k on the original motor. Any questions hit me up.
                  sigpic
                  "But the way it deals with bumps and heaves makes you think the shocks are filled with unicorn farts and pixie tears."

Comment

Originally posted by The Humjet View Post
                    thanks i think ill just get ms2, with the motronic conversion im doing apparently it's about 90% plug and play after that
                    More like 99.9% these days, talk to keith (whodwho) for an excellent kit.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Well some more serious progress, the WAR Machine has grown an extra set of valves!

Comment

Originally posted by brody View Post
                        Well some more serious progress, the WAR Machine has grown an extra set of valves!

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=212370

when are you guys realising the adapter for the M30 TB to fir the M20 intake manifold?
                        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

What ever happened to this guy?

Comment

Did you guys ever get any acceleration numbers; 0-60, quarter mile, before you swapped motors?

Comment

My M30 TB at 63mm works great on the M20, i also matched the TB to the manifold, 67mm. Stock M30 TB 63mm and it will port to a max of 66mm, Riot offers a 64.5mm M20 ported TB. The last attempt at an adapter for M30 to m20 manifold was $200 but they don't seem to be for sale. I can't believe with all the other cars that increase TB's E30 guys seem to not do it. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Brody, I'm getting ready to order the PSIK this week but had a question: are you able to tailor the supplied chip to my current setup? I know it's not going to be as precise as the WAR chip, but its worth a try before spending the extra money..
                                I'm running an '89 i motor with a 323i crank (10:1 comp, 2554cc) and 323i cam (more lump than stock).. its not so much the mild stroke increase that concerns me, but the increased c/r (and the crappy Cali 91 octane).. thanks for the help..
                                .. oh and +1 on the M30 TB adapter
                                Make the bastard chase you.

Comment

Working...
                                X