No announcement yet.

M20 converted to Serpentine belt - Adding supercharger - Take 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I needed to get rid of that old nasty coolant reservoir and looked at this one to match the the other tank after powder-coating.

I had got this ebay one before, It is really well made and finished nicely and is same price or cheaper then a new stock tank. (I would like to see a sensor bung but oh well) The issue I had with it is it didn't fit with the brackets the way they were. I contacted them and they wanted pics of the stock one vs theirs but doesn't look like it ever got redesigned 8^(

So I bought another one and just made it fit, the lower bracket is just not even close to correct so after some cutting and bending in the end fits well.

I have seen these clamps before and thought I would try them on the ICV and hose splice (not shrunk yet)

Getting there, still need to mount up the small radiator and SC drain and some p-clamps here and there. That tank is just too shiny and needs to be powder-coated 8^)

Last edited by whodwho; 05-15-2020, 07:01 AM.
    My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
    4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Tried on a few devices/PC's and the pics don't seem to be working.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Well that just sucks 8^(

Like just the last set posted or all of them? On one of the site updates I couldn't attach pics so I started sharing and linking them but maybe that isn't working
        My M20 Frankenbuild(s)

Comment

#31 doesnt show for me either
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Any better?

I think I found it, Google Drive changed its sharing default and you have to select a different option on each share
            My M20 Frankenbuild(s)

Comment

Originally posted by whodwho View Post
              Any better?

I think I found it, Google Drive changed its sharing default and you have to select a different option on each share
              Yes it is working now, interesting setup! I'd like to see SC M20s become a thing.

Comment

Nice work Whodwho im really looking forward to seeing this

Comment

Lol. Whodwho has had his m20 supercharged for many years, for those who can remember e30tech days.
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:

Comment

Originally posted by daveduck View Post

Yes it is working now, interesting setup! I'd like to see SC M20s become a thing.
                    i'd like to see a twin screw
                    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

I want to work something like this up for our motor ForcedFirebird but we only need 8psi for our build hahaha

Comment

Haven't got much done with everything going on but did work on the clutch project. I was going to find someone to machine the flywheel for me and figured it wasn't complicated and I would invest it in a machine for myself and do projects 8^)

Picked up a HF bench mill, they are a re-branded Sieg X2 and not a bad machine for the price, about the same a drill press and hopefully a bit more accurate!

Blank button flywheel needing holes

I 3D printed a drill template and centered on a tight fitting socket to rotate on,

Chamfer the holes

Centered for the center hole

Drag out the new boring head

Having at it (sharpie doesn't like WD40)

Final pass

Give it a chamfer

Looking like it is ready to give it a go

Flex plate and spacer

Spacer needs a little thinning by 2mm

And all bolted up nicely

In all its glory and with APRs 8^)

Next up it's big brother

"

A not very common 8.5" Quarter Master, I have a single and dual disk in the hoard pile

My M20 Frankenbuild(s)

Comment

Super slick Keith! A machine is only as good as the operator. ;)
                          john@m20guru.com
                          Links:

Comment

Thread resurrection for parts confirmation. Will the M52 water pump pully and alternator pulley fit on an M20 water pump and alternator?
                            "And then we broke the car. Again." Mark Donohue, "The Unfair Advantage"

1987 E30 3L Turbo Stroker Das Beast
                            2002 E39 M5

Comment

Working...
                            X