X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MikeW
    replied
    Originally posted by irish44j View Post
    Those actually look like WHP/WTQ numbers, not crank numbers. My 09 stock wrx put down 252whp @6.2k and 261wtq @4k on a well-known local dynojet that has a strong reputation for accuracy in the mid-Atlantic. And that's at the wheels.

Then again, the 09s were known to be freaks with numbers close to the 09 Sti (I know, the shop owner dyno'd his STi right after mine and was only about 10whp/wtq higher)

It's pretty well-accepted at this point that the 09+ WRXs were closer to 285 at the crank but were under-rated by Subaru so as not to steal sales from the STi. I think the years after were de-tuned a bit. YMMV.

EDIT: initially thought it said yours was a 2013, not a 2015.....so the power curves will obviously be quite a bit different from mine. Doh..

I had a 2013 WRX and it was definitely faster than my 2015, even though they claim the 2015 has a few more hp. The Dyno numbers I provided for both vehicles are supposed to be at the flywheel. However, both seemed low so they may in fact be more representative of whp. Either way the 318i runs fabulously with the boost from this kit. I still plan to increase to 12 psi whenever I find time to finish the exhaust and a few other items needing attention.

BTY, my 5 yo daughter recently scratched eyes into the hood of my 2015 WRX, as well as a squiggly racing stripe down one side. She was so proud I could hardly get angry, but you can imagine the shock...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jakeb
    replied
    Originally posted by irish44j View Post
    Jake, as I think ahead to the winter and continue considering this setup vice an M5x swap....a couple quick questions (and keep in mind, this would be for my rallycross car):

1. did you determine it wouldn't work to have the AFM on the passenger side near the turbo? With a competition car, of course not having extra weight of the intake piping all the way across the front of the engine is a (small) consideration on my part.

2. unlike most of these guys, I have my M42 in an early (ex-M10) 318i with diving boars, etc. Do you foresee any fitament issues with the FMIC and charge piping? I'm not sure if the early bumper/early valence cars have different metalwork behind than the later cars do.

Thanks in advance
    JH
    1. The AFM will not fit on the passenger side. I AM planning on doing a MAF setup this winter sometime which will allow it to be on the passenger side.

2. Honestly I'm not sure. The IC fits behind the bumper but not behind the valance on the m42 cars.

TO: Balleristic31, I'll see if I can get you a compressor map.

Leave a comment:

• irish44j
    replied
    Jake, as I think ahead to the winter and continue considering this setup vice an M5x swap....a couple quick questions (and keep in mind, this would be for my rallycross car):

1. did you determine it wouldn't work to have the AFM on the passenger side near the turbo? With a competition car, of course not having extra weight of the intake piping all the way across the front of the engine is a (small) consideration on my part.

2. unlike most of these guys, I have my M42 in an early (ex-M10) 318i with diving boars, etc. Do you foresee any fitament issues with the FMIC and charge piping? I'm not sure if the early bumper/early valence cars have different metalwork behind than the later cars do.

Thanks in advance
    JH

Leave a comment:

• Balleristic31
    replied
    Where are you buying the turbo, jake? Have a part number or anything? Compressor map?

Leave a comment:

• dpmcdonald
    replied
    Received my kit! Was like Christmas Day opening all the goodies inside... Installed pics coming soon.

Leave a comment:

• jakeb
    replied
    Email me jake@classicdaily.net

Leave a comment:

• jseb710
    replied
    Where can this be purchased?

Leave a comment:

• irish44j
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeW View Post
    2015 WRX:

Those actually look like WHP/WTQ numbers, not crank numbers. My 09 stock wrx put down 252whp @6.2k and 261wtq @4k on a well-known local dynojet that has a strong reputation for accuracy in the mid-Atlantic. And that's at the wheels.

Then again, the 09s were known to be freaks with numbers close to the 09 Sti (I know, the shop owner dyno'd his STi right after mine and was only about 10whp/wtq higher)

It's pretty well-accepted at this point that the 09+ WRXs were closer to 285 at the crank but were under-rated by Subaru so as not to steal sales from the STi. I think the years after were de-tuned a bit. YMMV.

EDIT: initially thought it said yours was a 2013, not a 2015.....so the power curves will obviously be quite a bit different from mine. Doh..
    Last edited by irish44j; 11-24-2014, 06:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dpmcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeW View Post

Originally posted by kwill22 View Post
    115hp and 115.2ft.lb

Not at all. No mods
    Sounds like MikeW's numbers are accurate as whp!

Leave a comment:

• kwill22
    replied
    Not at all. No mods

Leave a comment:

• dpmcdonald
    replied
    kinda late but i finally got around to redoing the dyno run with the app.
    115hp and 115.2ft.lb

Are you chipped?

Leave a comment:

• kwill22
    replied
    kinda late but i finally got around to redoing the dyno run with the app.
    115hp and 115.2ft.lb

Leave a comment:

• jakeb
    replied
    Originally posted by brads2002 View Post
    I don't think Jake has the MAF ready yet. Correct me if i am wrong.
    MAF will be this winter sometime

Leave a comment:

• brads2002
    replied
    I don't think Jake has the MAF ready yet. Correct me if i am wrong.

Leave a comment:

• MrSlacker
    replied
    Originally posted by jrockbk View Post
    Your boosting the 318? Nice can't wait to see it, are you gonna do the MAF conversion or keep AFM?
    Keeping AFM. This is going to be a pretty budget turbo build lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X