X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• varg
    replied
    Originally posted by irish44j View Post
    interesting......that is higher than I expected. Seems like it might be more than the stock small-case diff can reliably handle?
    I didn't break mine, though it did make some noise and it felt a bit clunky when I removed it.

Leave a comment:

• irish44j
    replied
    interesting......that is higher than I expected. Seems like it might be more than the stock small-case diff can reliably handle?

I really want to see someone do a full trackday with this setup to see how everything holds up with the heat, etc.

Leave a comment:

• spanish pants
    replied
    Great to see someone putting this much dedication into the M42.
    I would love to do this, but lack of mechanical skill is keeping be back...last time i used a screw driver everyone died.

Leave a comment:

• K0nArtist
    replied
    Any updates?

Leave a comment:

• jakeb
    replied
    My dyno is an older clayton dyno with newer electronics.

I could tweek it for more fuel up top and stay at 12psi. I don't expect it would be very hard.
    Yes it was still making power but no tach in car and we were taking baby steps. Swap was just completed.

Leave a comment:

• dpmcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by jakeb View Post
    Did some pulls today...boost was a little higher than it should be so numbers are a little higher. BUT things are looking very good.

NICE! What kind of dyno did you get again? Also, why not take it to 6500 RPM? Looks like the power is still climbing!!!

By the way, I would LOVE for you to tweak it for a nice 12psi tune! :D Are you still planning on the MAF conversion?

Leave a comment:

• jakeb
    replied
    Did some pulls today...boost was a little higher than it should be so numbers are a little higher. BUT things are looking very good.

Boost is a little high on this one so it is a little leaner than I would like. Need to adjust the preload on the wastegate and/or richen the tune up a bit.

Same dyno and specs as this graph from a stock NA m42 with TMS chip
    Last edited by jakeb; 06-02-2015, 06:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aintnothang
    replied
    Originally posted by dpmcdonald View Post
    Will be attending a dyno day June 20th. Should be interesting to finally see some real numbers for this kit!
    Hell yeah.

Leave a comment:

• dpmcdonald
    replied
    Interest in Bolt on Turbo kit?

Will be attending a dyno day June 20th. Should be interesting to finally see some real numbers for this kit!
    Last edited by dpmcdonald; 05-23-2015, 04:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• econti
    replied
    Originally posted by dpmcdonald View Post
    The intercooler sits right behind the grill and kidneys and in front of the fan/radiator, so I would assume it benefits from a nice ram air flow as well as a decent pull flow from the fans.
    Good point about the fans. I was thinking that cause the bumper is right in front it'd be blocking a fair amount of air. But I guess the fans would make up for that

Leave a comment:

• dpmcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by econti View Post
    What's airflow like with the cooler there? Good? I was thinking of a shorter (height wise) one mounted low down, where those two long vents are in the valence

The intercooler sits right behind the grill and kidneys and in front of the fan/radiator, so I would assume it benefits from a nice ram air flow as well as a decent pull flow from the fans.

Leave a comment:

• econti
    replied
    What's airflow like with the cooler there? Good? I was thinking of a shorter (height wise) one mounted low down, where those two long vents are in the valence

Leave a comment:

• dpmcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by stanz View Post
    Strong work! Do you have a build thread for this or more pics? Very interested in how it turns out for you. I'm considering getting this kit as well. Are you using an oem head gasket or something thicker? Also, where did you get your skid plate? Thanks and good luck!

Thanks, but I can't take credit for the work. That would be my friend Jimmy at The Snake Shoppe in Portland. He's a pro's pro.

OEM head gasket since that is what Jake tuned the kit with and I will be using his tune for at least the near future.

Skid plate is from ejnight on these forums. Highly recommended.

Here are a couple more pics almost completely buttoned up!

Leave a comment:

• stanz
    replied
    Strong work! Do you have a build thread for this or more pics? Very interested in how it turns out for you. I'm considering getting this kit as well. Are you using an oem head gasket or something thicker? Also, where did you get your skid plate? Thanks and good luck!

Leave a comment:

• dpmcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by brads2002 View Post
    Looking good! Did you remove the head or just bolt in new bolts? If just new bolts what procedure did you use?

Thanks! The head was removed for the studs and new gasket.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X