X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dpmcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by Shangsta View Post
    Does anyone that has done the kit have any video?

If you look through the pages of the thread, you will find a couple videos.

Leave a comment:

• Shangsta
    replied
    Does anyone that has done the kit have any video?

Leave a comment:

• jrockbk
    replied
    Originally posted by MrSlacker View Post
    My kit has arrived. Hopefully will get it installed sometime in the next month or so. Will definitely DYNO it eventually :D

Your boosting the 318? Nice can't wait to see it, are you gonna do the MAF conversion or keep AFM?

Leave a comment:

• dpmcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by MrSlacker View Post
    My kit has arrived. Hopefully will get it installed sometime in the next month or so. Will definitely DYNO it eventually :D

Pics!!

Leave a comment:

• MrSlacker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kwill22
    replied
    didnt get a chance to yesterday. had some company over. hopefully today.

Leave a comment:

• dpmcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by kwill22 View Post
    i know what i did wrong. i had to go back and watch the tutorial videos. ill try and get back out and do it today. had a settingn or 2 wrong and i didnt start out in first gear and from a dead stop

Any corrected numbers?

Leave a comment:

• kwill22
    replied
    i know what i did wrong. i had to go back and watch the tutorial videos. ill try and get back out and do it today. had a settingn or 2 wrong and i didnt start out in first gear and from a dead stop

Leave a comment:

• MikeW
    replied
    Interest in Bolt on Turbo kit?

Hmmm. I'm pretty sure I did it wrong. I have 42.5HP I know the stock M42 is weak but dang. Lol

Maybe you're only firing on 1.3 cylinders...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• dpmcdonald
    replied
    hmmm. I'm pretty sure i did it wrong. I have 42.5hp i know the stock m42 is weak but dang. Lol

lol

Leave a comment:

• kwill22
    replied
    Hmmm. I'm pretty sure I did it wrong. I have 42.5HP I know the stock M42 is weak but dang. Lol

Leave a comment:

• wazzu70
    replied
    Yep, always look at the scale if it does not cross at 5252rpm. Also make sure the torque is not in Nm!

Leave a comment:

• MikeW
    replied
    That confused me as well, in fact I emailed the company with that question. When they explained that the HP scale is different from the TQ scale I felt kinda silly for asking, but most keep the scale the same so it's definitely confusing at first.

Leave a comment:

• dpmcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeW View Post
    I used PerfExpert and found the results very repeatable and consistent. The biggest challenge is finding a very level and flat stretch of road that permits you to accelerate and then coast a sufficient distance to establish the drag coefficient. The smart phone must also be mounted with the back of the unit facing straight ahead, and be properly calibrated. So, although there is amble opportunity for user error, if done correctly will produce very repeatable and reliable output. In my case, I had the WRX to provide a standard, which suggested a good setup. Also, the shape of the curve is near impossible to screw up, so that's worth mentioning too. Very fun to mess with and saved me lots of money and time dealing with Dyno shop.

FYI - I didn't find your response offensive, just really excited about this Ap and encourage people to give it a try. I would also really like to see some results from other builds on this thread, only ten bucks guys!!

It seems like a cool app, but what I don't understand is that HP is a calculation based on RPM and TQ. Specifically,

HP = RPM * TQ / 5252

So, at 5252 RPM, HP and TQ are equal always.

I'm still interested to see how it looks compared to a real dyno graph!

Leave a comment:

• MikeW
    replied
    Interest in Bolt on Turbo kit?

I used PerfExpert and found the results very repeatable and consistent. The biggest challenge is finding a very level and flat stretch of road that permits you to accelerate and then coast a sufficient distance to establish the drag coefficient. The smart phone must also be mounted with the back of the unit facing straight ahead, and be properly calibrated. So, although there is amble opportunity for user error, if done correctly will produce very repeatable and reliable output. In my case, I had the WRX to provide a standard, which suggested a good setup. Also, the shape of the curve is near impossible to screw up, so that's worth mentioning too. Very fun to mess with and saved me lots of money and time dealing with Dyno shop.

FYI - I didn't find your response offensive, just really excited about this Ap and encourage people to give it a try. I would also really like to see some results from other builds on this thread, only ten bucks guys!!

Last edited by MikeW; 10-20-2014, 04:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X