X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ryanM42
    replied
    Originally posted by jakeb View Post
    I laid out an entire kit that shipped this past week. Everyone likes pictures so here it is all laid out.

Here is the current pricing on the kit and other options. The add on prices are only these prices when ordered with the kit.

Base Kit - $1900
    powder coated Aluminum charge pipes - $100
    Powder coated steel charge pipes - $60 (base kit comes with uncoated steel pipes)
    Ceramic coat on all hot side parts - $140 (turbine, downpipe, manifold)
    Innovate Wideband oxygen sensor gauge - $190
    Boost gauge - $50
    Coil on Plug Kit - $150
    shipping in the US - $70

Here is a list of what comes with the kit.
    turbo
    manifold (able to keep AC)
    intercooler with mounts
    charge piping with couplers/clamps
    42lb injectors
    by pass valve
    downpipe
    tune

Best way to get information is to email me at jake@classicdaily.net

How accurate is this price list still? has there been any change up or down in the last year? Just picked up another e30 with half the mileage of my existing one, so i'm hoping this is the year for this kit
    (I've been following this thread since early 2013, but i was hesitant given the high mileage of car (almost 400,000km)

Leave a comment:

• jakeb
    replied
    thanks guys!

Leave a comment:

• car_gal_jenni
    replied
    I'm definitely interested in one of these for my IS!! I've gotta finish up a couple other projects I'm working on with my E30, but that's all mostly cosmetic. Hopefully I can get everything buttoned up, and enough pennies saved to get myself a birthday present :D Definitely subbed to this so I can still see updates!

Leave a comment:

• ethurtee
    replied
    God this was a great way to spend New Year's morning! Jake, you're an artist man! I just s38-swapped my current e30 (beastly, btw, but not to be lightly undertaken, imho), but am looking now for another e30 to take over daily duties. I've always steered clear of the m42-powered cars, but am looking at one this week and am going to be a lot more amenable after seeing how reasonably they can be improved upon, power-wise. Keep up the updates, sir!

Leave a comment:

• jakeb
    replied
    Yes busy is an understatement. Finishing cars and things are opening up a little. I would still like to do a MAF tune and some other improvements. Maybe E85. We will be doing a turbo m42 2002 with MS3. Maybe a tad lower compression as well. Still a little up in the air but it is going to be a SUPER nice car. Will be showing it at vintage in NC this coming May.

If I do a MAF tune the entire DME will get re tuned pretty much. Maybe ditching the closed loop 02 feedback other than at idle and cruise (if I can make it work) that way we can demand the fueling we want every where without the DME trying to pull things back to 14.7 at RPMs lower at 4k and high throttle position.

Leave a comment:

• K0nArtist
    replied
    I've been waiting on a maf and a higher boost option too but looks like Jake is super busy, hope it gets done soon.

Leave a comment:

• ///MLIFE
    replied
    Just a thought I had recently. Have you ever consider doing anything with E85 later down the line? For those who'd want to maximize the stock platform and would rather pay more in terms of the fuel system rather than doing engine work they may not be familiar or comfortable with. Now that you have access to a dyno in house, it might make it easier to redesign the tune around a different fuel system if you'd want to go that route.

Either way great kit, I plan on purchasing one this next week. Any new info on the MAF conversion?

Leave a comment:

• K0nArtist
    replied
    Finished the car didn't upgrade the thread. Had some problems with the injectors but got it sorted out with Jake's help. Car runs strong, I use it as my daily driver. It's a beast on the freeway can keep up with a lot of cars. I have a e46 m3 as well and I've put it up against this thing the e46 was ahead half a car from a 60mph pull. Took it to Irwindale drag best time I got was 9.55 on the 1/8 mile. I feel like the car can do better I'm not a pro driver or racer I was just having fun. The car can be way better with other upgrades like a flywheel and race clutch, first gear kinda sucks because of the flywheel but once the car gets moving it's pretty sweet. For now I'm done dumping money into the car going to drive it as it is and maybe do upgrades I mentioned above at a later time. Thanks Jake for the awesome support! if your hung up on buying go ahead and do it, this thing puts a smile on my face everyday.
    Last edited by K0nArtist; 12-17-2015, 08:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Joebiggs
    replied
    What ever happened to that white e30 build by KonArtist on this thread ? Looked promising!

Leave a comment:

• jakeb
    replied
    best to email me, jake@classicdaily.net

Leave a comment:

• CarsonE30
    replied
    Oh sorry, there's a guy with the white one right above this doing your kit that's in So Cal. I really want to turbo the M42, it's already so revvy I think it'd be amazing. I am definitely interested, once I sell one of my cars, (on CL currently), I'll pick this kit up. What would be the total for a fully loaded kit with all the fixings shipped to 93901? Feel free to PM me also, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• jakeb
    replied
    Originally posted by Joebiggs View Post
    What size is the turbo on these kits ?
    .42 compressor
    .48 turbine

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
    To turbo the M20 or the M42......why not both?!
    Since you're in So Cal, I'm assuming the car is still CA legal with the smog, for a rookie like me that's never done any drilling or anything big like this, but who is pretty mechanically inclined, would you say I could do this kit without ripping all of my hair out, or grab a few more friends or even take it to a shop to do some work? Any input is appreciated, thanks!
    I am in Michigan. If you can do brakes you can install a kit. I will have an m20 kit come Christmas time

Leave a comment:

• CarsonE30
    replied
    To turbo the M20 or the M42......why not both?!
    Since you're in So Cal, I'm assuming the car is still CA legal with the smog, for a rookie like me that's never done any drilling or anything big like this, but who is pretty mechanically inclined, would you say I could do this kit without ripping all of my hair out, or grab a few more friends or even take it to a shop to do some work? Any input is appreciated, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Joebiggs
    replied
    What size is the turbo on these kits ?

Leave a comment:

• K0nArtist
    replied
    COP kit installed.

Had to trim the valance a good amount to make it all fit nice and smooth. nothing you cut is visible once the bumper is installed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X