No announcement yet.

E30ls1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dumbass forgot to get another oil pump. So waiting on that. Well. Time to drink the rest of the cases

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    e30Ls1 Swap IG: 1dirty30

Comment

So for some reason it looks like I ordered the wrong oil pan and the mechanic I went to who was supposed to weld it three weeks later just told me about it. I'm not gonna waste time ordering another pan wait for shipping then back to the welder and have to wait another month for that to finish. So I bought one already done.

Comment

That is just a canton pan
        1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
        COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Originally posted by Pootis View Post
          That is just a canton pan

What do you mean

Comment

There's a pan made by canton that's a "road race" pan that looks eerily similar.
            Last edited by DER E30; 03-02-2016, 08:16 PM.
            -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
            Originally posted by roguetoaster
            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Our products solve your engines' oil and cooling problems. Improve your engines oil pressure, oil temperature, and coolant system with Canton Racing Products.
              Alpine White 1989 E30 Coupe - LS1/T56

Comment

is one pan better than the other? i see you guys are pointing out that the garagistic pan is VERY similar to the Canton one, but whats the point? appears garagistic is cheaper, and they are also a sponsor right? LS1 swap is in my future as well, so if there is an issue with one pan over the other id like to know, ive already got a parts list and this pan is on it. Thanks
                '87 BMW 325i - ground control c/o, condor bushings, 16x8/16x9 wheels - SOLD

'09 MazdaSpeed 3 - FOR SALE

Comment

BTW OP im enjoying your build!

Comment

Yeah, it doesn't matter, food for thought though!
                    -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                    08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                    318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                    '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                    Originally posted by roguetoaster
                    Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

^^^ i always appreciate extra info! thanks

Comment

Yeah just pointing it out since you could probably get one cheaper on the ls forums
                        1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
                        COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Mail update

Thank goodness for my boy pat. He came out and helped a shit ton. He's got an s50 swapped e30

Time to start on the bags

Everything is rusted and we had to go to like ten stores to find a place that wasn't out of stock on a propane tank flame whatever it's called

Did the fronts. We will do the rears another time. So far it's looking good. Crazy how big of a difference stock is to the bags haha

Comment

Originally posted by Reyhan335 View Post
                            I believe it's Because the corvette drive train is completely different. If you look it up. The transmission is completely different than a regular camaro or firebird.
                            Don't hold me up to it. But I think that's why

The C5 Corvette went to a transaxle with the transmission mounted in the rear of the car and a torque tube connecting it to the engine. A T-56 from a C5 corvette will work....with LOTS of modification. The general body of a T-56 is the same between the 90's vettes, camaros, vipers all the way into the LS1 generation they are still basically the same. The differences are in shifter location, out/input shafts, and bellhousings.

An LT1 t-56 has a different bell housing bolt pattern vs. the LS t-56 and IIRC the input shaft is also different.

I purchased a t-56 from a 2002 Camaro and will be using the drive shaft from a 98 V6 Camaro (although it's steel ). I just needed a yoke that fits the transmission since the shaft and rear u-joint will have to be modified anyway.

Originally posted by Reyhan335 View Post
                            What do you mean

I purchased a Canton pan along with the stud kit and remote oil filter adapter

Good luck with your build!!
                            Last edited by sgtskid; 03-09-2016, 01:04 PM.
                            Current: '91 DS M3, '03 TS M3 (6MT)
                            '06 Chevy 2500 Duramax - Race car hauler, '90 Corvette - Weekend toy
                            Past: '88 AW M3, '87 RB M6, '98 CS M3, '88 DS M3, '88 Zinno M3, '88 AW SETA (facelift),
                            1988 Super E (Bronzit - grey wrap)- RIP, 1986 353, 1986 VW Jetta (vr6) - Racecar

IG: RDE_Fabrications
                            Check us out
                            Or YouTube --> HERE;

Comment

Correct, just a canton pan. needs to be used with the GTO pick up tube. got mine new on ebay for 305 shipped..
                              either way, you need a stud kit with it because the original are to long..

Comment

I guess garagastic sells canton stuff too

Comment

Working...
                                X