Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No reason this isn't a sticky. Great writeup. Let's keep it at the top. I also have a pdf copy of your website front page in case it ever goes down.

Comment

there's also another update I need to add to the side.

European 323ti uses a larger rear wheel bearing, but the same rotor as the 318ti. This is a way to keep the standard proven bearing and to get extra 5mm space in the rear.

Cool addition by an Indonesian member.

Comment

Is there a way to fit e36 m3 rear calipers and rotors on an e30 five lug converssion i have plenty horse power and need to stop

Comment

Why is this still not a sticky? It's like the Bible not being a sticky on a Christianity forum.

Comment

Down again ?
            Sticky:True e36 one touch windows DIY

1990 M3
            1992 Mtech (S50 + 5 Lug)

Comment

Originally posted by BusyMrE30 View Post
              Is there a way to fit e36 m3 rear calipers and rotors on an e30 five lug converssion i have plenty horse power and need to stop
              E32 7 series front rotors and E28 5 series front callipers fit....

sigpic
              BumbleE30 M52 2.8i

Comment

Originally posted by IanS_in_Oz View Post
                E32 7 series front rotors and E28 5 series front callipers fit....

What about the parking brake? This looks good, but a lot of guys are running their's on the street, so this may not work for a street application, correct? I see the remnants of the parking brake assembly laying on the floor...

Still good info, though...

Garey

Comment

Hey Ian, did that just bolt on?
                  - Chris
                  Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

Originally posted by bmwmech1 View Post
                    What about the parking brake? This looks good, but a lot of guys are running their's on the street, so this may not work for a street application, correct? I see the remnants of the parking brake assembly laying on the floor...

Still good info, though...

Garey
                    I'm fitting a hydraulic parking brake....ala drift spec....

Originally posted by e30guydownunder View Post
                    Hey Ian, did that just bolt on?
                    No, I had to drill and tap the caliper bracket.

Conclusion is that it doesn't work too well. Brake pedal travel is too long with the humungous rear calipers, and the rears lock up too soon, even with the bias adjuster.

Am going to try some different calipers, possibly rears off an E34 5 series.

I have a hillclimb event in two weeks, so I'll put the E36 ti rears back on for that.
                    sigpic
                    BumbleE30 M52 2.8i

Comment

use regular e36 calipers with large piston. That's what made my brakes feel amazing.

Comment

E36 calipers probably won't fit over the thicker front rotors.

Ian as you should know, 325/328 E36 and all E46 (maybe not 318i) had quite large vented rotors. I think E36 is in the 280's but E46 is 296/294 ish. Both are 19mm thick so you could use either the E36/E46 calipers.

I think you need to make a caliper adapter bracket to cope with the change in diameter though.

I used some Toyota Cressida 270x19 discs with WRX single Sliding calipers on the rear of my car
                        - Chris
                        Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

Thanx for the info Chris. I have an old set of E46 rotors here, and may still have the original rear calipers off the E36...time to go a-hunting...
                          sigpic
                          BumbleE30 M52 2.8i

Comment

extra drei website failure

Hi,

I was using the extra drei 5 lug conversion website to do my conversion im still in the process of getting the parts but the website has gone. has anyone got the pages saved by any chance. the help would be appreciated.

Comment

I will put it back up on Sunday, when I get back home. I've been out of town for a while. SOmeone did say, that they had a PDF file of it saved, though.

Comment

back up, since the "true" thread was redirecting questions to my e-mail and PM box

Comment

Working...
                                X