X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aptyp
    replied
    get standard e36 calipers. they bolt-on to your caliper carriers. They have a slightly larger piston.

As far as spongy feeling... Does your ABS work?

Leave a comment:

• samiam3356
    replied
    I've read MOST of this thread and trying to figure out some things on my setup.
    Mine:
    e36m front
    318ti rear
    25.4 mc
    uuc SS lines
    ATE Super Blue fluid
    e21 booster (s52)

My question is this:
    For the people that track their cars, how is the front to rear bias with e36m front and 318ti rear. Seems either you should upgrade the rear calipers to a 40mm piston like stock(e36m) or put an adjustable proportioning valve in for the stock valve regarding the rear brakes. I know there are a lot of 5 series with 40mm piston's rear calipers. Does anyone know if any of the 5 series calipers bolt onto the 318ti TA's?

Also, my pedal still feels a little spongy even with the brand new 25.4 MC. I've pressure bled and flushed the whole system and it still seems a little soft. Got a e36m sitting in the driveway with the same setup except for the rear calipers and the booster and the pedal in it is super firm. I know it's not the same car but I guess I was expecting it to be a little more firm than it is. (insert joke) Any suggestions on why?
    Last edited by samiam3356; 01-03-2011, 10:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied

to tie you over

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    tonight, I will go out to take pics.

Leave a comment:

• clavinZERO
    replied
    Aptyp... proper photos yet??

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    mounted fronts
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    I need to get one more cap and the cap tool from the dealer, then I'll be all set.

I think I may have to roll fenders a little.

Leave a comment:

• White325is
    replied
    I like them a lot..

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied

Got a set of these: 16x7.5 ET20. Perfect fit with Nitto 205/5--16 tires. Can't wait to roll of them.

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    Mine was going straight between 50-60mph. Thought it was tire or bent rim, but ended up being CAB.

Leave a comment:

• HellzMindPlaya
    replied
    I have a strange vibration from that side too, what exactly was it? Mine is only when the steering wheel is turned to the right ever-so-slightly though, so it may just be that I am in need of an alignment.

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    little update... had an odd vibration front passenger side at 60mph. Turned out be my control arm bushing sliding on the control arm. Odd problem to have.

Leave a comment:

• iXguido
    replied
    kk. thanks a bunch. I was using the wrong link. works just like you said

Leave a comment:

• Aptyp
    replied
    go to the first page of this thread and click on the link... it works and better than ever.

Leave a comment:

• iXguido
    replied
    http://www.torque-bound.com/5-lug.html <that the link ur talking about? doesn't seem to work for me. maybe it's my messed up internet

Leave a comment:

Working...
X