X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

updates?

Comment

:) Tell me what you want to know, I'm sure there's something.

Personally I want to figure out a swap to run e28 TRX bottle caps. I figured out the rear, not quite there on the front yet. e28 brake rotor fits on e36 hub, but locator bolt is offset differently. Maybe one day when I have more time and access to a machine shop again, I'll knock it out.

Comment

Why would you want to run TRX wheels? Have fun buying tires for those things, and not to mention they're hideous.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
        '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
        '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
        '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

Oh, whoops. I thought this was the front hub thread. Just looked for a long thread in this subforum lol. Oops!

Comment

Originally posted by Gooch View Post
            Why would you want to run TRX wheels? Have fun buying tires for those things, and not to mention they're hideous.
            Because I have a set of pristine TRX wheels? Because it would be lots of fun to run bottle caps with somewhat of a lip? Because it just makes sense to have a little fun.

Comment

I want to do this, but I've got a budget. How much does this usually cost on average?
              Josh

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=159843

Comment

all depends on you. $400-500 should get you in the doors.

Comment

Are the subframes of the MZ3 and e30 different? Since the car is my daily I would really love to just throw new bushings in the MZ3 rear suspension and swap the entire package in at once.

Comment

great question... I don't know for sure, I've never had them side by side.

Comment

I remember reading that using the bushings from an e30 you could install a MZ3 subframe but I can't recall where I read that.

Comment

I remember hearing a while back that the crossmember is ever-so-slightly longer (wider) for the E36/5 and /7 chassis. IIRC it was a friend who is now running Z3 2.8 rear suspension who tried using the Z3 crossmember and found that it would not work.

Comment

Not the original source that I had mentioned but it renews my hope. I guess when I can afford the downtime I'll pull my e30 subframe and compare.

Comment

founf out why my rear alignment has been messed up... one of my adjustable sway bar links was broken, so one side pulled as other side decompressed a little.

Don't know how I didn't notice it for months.

Comment

Originally posted by Jalves619 View Post
                              http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showpos...6&postcount=40

Not the original source that I had mentioned but it renews my hope. I guess when I can afford the downtime I'll pull my e30 subframe and compare.

I see only one problem with that post: running 15" is impossible on m3 rear brakes...

Comment

Improved HTML file, so this is an update.

Check it out, I'm pretty proud of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X