X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like them a lot..

Comment

I need to get one more cap and the cap tool from the dealer, then I'll be all set.

I think I may have to roll fenders a little.

Comment

mounted fronts
        Attached Files

Comment

Aptyp... proper photos yet??

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
          HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
          **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

tonight, I will go out to take pics.

Comment

to tie you over

Comment

I've read MOST of this thread and trying to figure out some things on my setup.
                Mine:
                e36m front
                318ti rear
                25.4 mc
                uuc SS lines
                ATE Super Blue fluid
                e21 booster (s52)

My question is this:
                For the people that track their cars, how is the front to rear bias with e36m front and 318ti rear. Seems either you should upgrade the rear calipers to a 40mm piston like stock(e36m) or put an adjustable proportioning valve in for the stock valve regarding the rear brakes. I know there are a lot of 5 series with 40mm piston's rear calipers. Does anyone know if any of the 5 series calipers bolt onto the 318ti TA's?

Also, my pedal still feels a little spongy even with the brand new 25.4 MC. I've pressure bled and flushed the whole system and it still seems a little soft. Got a e36m sitting in the driveway with the same setup except for the rear calipers and the booster and the pedal in it is super firm. I know it's not the same car but I guess I was expecting it to be a little more firm than it is. (insert joke) Any suggestions on why?
                Last edited by samiam3356; 01-03-2011, 10:32 AM.

Originally posted by Roysneon
                $5 shipped?
                Originally posted by MarkD
                You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

get standard e36 calipers. they bolt-on to your caliper carriers. They have a slightly larger piston.

As far as spongy feeling... Does your ABS work?

Comment

ABS Removed and the lines T'd just like the rears. Standard e36 calipers? Any ones you suggest?

$5 shipped?

Comment

then yea. without ABS you get that spongy feeling. Check your boosters check valve as well. A lot of people forget to put those back in when doing swaps.

Just calipers from e36 325i. 2mm caliper difference.
                      Last edited by Aptyp; 01-03-2011, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Meh, have you tried any of the e34 rear calipers? They have 40mm pistons IIRC and match this setup better.

Interesting that I have to deal with a shit pedal b/c of no ABS. hmmm

$5 shipped?

Comment

If you give me a few days, I am sure I can source a rear caliper and give it a try. BUT I haven't had any reason to doubt my brakes yet. When my ABS sensors weren't connected, I was able to lock-up all 4 without any bias valves.

Why did you remove ABS?

Comment

double post? But it's not 5AM...
                            Last edited by Aptyp; 01-03-2011, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Its going to be a track and street car but more street than track. Also after adding the s52 with plans to go fi in the future the extra room will come in handy.

As far as the bias goes, Lee suggested moving up in piston size on the caliper or adding a proportioning valve to offset the front bias of the larger e36m front brakes.

At this point I think there maybe some other reason as you suggested for the pedal being soft. Thx for the suggestion and putting this thread together.

$5 shipped?

Comment

ever got it sorted out? very interested to see what you've come up with.

Comment

Working...
                                X