Chase bays e30 booster delete and bias valve issues... please dear god help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chase bays e30 booster delete and bias valve issues... please dear god help

I recently installed this whole kit and was initially impressed with the look. Then when I was bleeding the brakes I noticed it was leaking at the bias valve. So I removed the valve and double checked the fitting to be sure it was me overlooking something being loose. Started to rebleed the brakes to find it was still leaking in the same spot. To add insult to injury the new an clutch mc feed line didn't fit well in my opinion and leaked the rest of the brake fluid on the floorboard of the car, could've been my fault, idk but I put the factory line back on with no leaks. All that being said has anyone else had issues with Chase bays products and customer service, I am still waiting on a call/email back (they removed their phone line and only use email now.. kinda sus) Any insight would be awesome, thanks.

I actually installed this kit myself a couple days ago and have not had any issues regarding leaking at the bias valve. Definitely go back and double check all your fittings and make sure they're snug. The new clutch mc line was a little awkward fitting, but I managed to force it on enough at an angle to where it didn't leak and snugged up the clamp. Remember that mc line has minimal pressure inside so it doesn't need to be perfect. I had a helper push on the line from the engine bay and angle it while I forced it onto the mc fitting. Hope this somewhat helps!

Comment

Originally posted by E30Gassy View Post
      I actually installed this kit myself a couple days ago and have not had any issues regarding leaking at the bias valve. Definitely go back and double check all your fittings and make sure they're snug. The new clutch mc line was a little awkward fitting, but I managed to force it on enough at an angle to where it didn't leak and snugged up the clamp. Remember that mc line has minimal pressure inside so it doesn't need to be perfect. I had a helper push on the line from the engine bay and angle it while I forced it onto the mc fitting. Hope this somewhat helps!
      Awesome thanks, I had my buddy spin the line from the engine bay while I pulled it on from inside. I wasn't too worried about goin back to the oem line with it just being a non-pressure feed line. You can order just the bias valve online so I'm going to grab another one and give it a shot, I have a hunch that the valve body itself is cracked. I cleaned everything off with brake cleaner and had my friend push the brakes with heavy pressure while I watched and I can visibly see the fitting that's leaking (tee to front brakes). When I get a chance maybe tomorrow I'll pull everything off and inspect it again. I'll keep you posted on what I find and what Chase bays does to help me out.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, I have one of these kits on order and will look out for the leaks on the bias valve!

Comment

Better get that sorted out, because that's a single circuit master cylinder and if there's a leak while you're driving around you lose your brakes in short order. Absolutely no safety margin aside from the contents of the reservoir. Something like a comp brakes dual master kit is far safer and serves the same function of removing the booster and adding space.

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
          - updated 3-17

Comment

(UPDATE) They emailed me back on Wednesday and were pretty helpful. On the bias valve fittings only they use a sealant. I must've overlooked it entirely. I guess it being a braking system I just assumed it did not use any type of sealant. I removed the valve and added the recommended teflon sealant, which I was always under the impression that brake fluid might eat through. I am not all that worried about it leaking again as the sealant says hydraulic fluid safe. I guess we'll see, The sealant is curing now so in a day or two I'll throw it back on. In the meantime I replaced my clutch master and what a difference that made, unfortunately I couldn't properly bleed the slave cylinder because fluid wouldn't come out of the bleeder. (before you ask I took the bleeder out completely and even gave it a few whacks and still nothing) So I just pushed in the slave piston a good bit by hand and that got it home. New slave cylinder ordered. Everyone wants a cool old car until its time to do not so cool old car stuff lol.

Comment

Single circuit.

That wasn't even a good idea on my dad's '65 Chebby pickup...

...which headed down the hill one day, and halfway down, had no brakes.

t
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Sorry for my absence, I was on a work trip of sorts. SO as I said they emailed me back saying the bias valve required a sealant that I totally over looked. I took it all apart and cleaned it well and got some permatex sealant. I put that on before I left but didn't have much time in the car which might have helped it cure on its own. while I had it apart I was examining the bias valve block and the line itself and noticed the bias valve had a compression fitting in it for sealing, yet the hardline that came with the kit didn't have a compression fitting on it. I can't help but wonder why not put a bubble flare etc. fitting on both ends and ditch the sealant altogether, especially since the people using this kit will most likely be the type to tinker. Idk, all I know is it's no longer leaking. I did however get two more reservoirs to replace the one they sent me. I'm not a fan of the look of the clutch feed just going into the side of the reservoir. Just a personal preference.

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                  Single circuit.

That wasn't even a good idea on my dad's '65 Chebby pickup...

...which headed down the hill one day, and halfway down, had no brakes.

t
                  Its amazing how many of this kits sell.. upon laziness?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                  @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
                  X