Picture request: 205/55r16 &/or 225/50r16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture request: 205/55r16 &/or 225/50r16

Hello, I am debating if I want to bump up my side wall in size from 50/45 to 55/50. I have the space for it. I've found a few photos of E30's with this staggered larger set of 16 inch tires but I am not convinced yet!

I am aware my current sizes match oem rolling diam.

Originally posted by E30budget View Post
    Hello, I am debating if I want to bump up my side wall in size from 50/45 to 55/50. I have the space for it. I've found a few photos of E30's with this staggered larger set of 16 inch tires but I am not convinced yet!

I am aware my current sizes match oem rolling diam.
    there's an entire fitment thread with most combinations already tried. if you search you might find something there.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread - R3VLimited Forums

edit : was trying to find this

E30s on 16s - post yours - R3VLimited Forums

not sure if you've been through that.​
    Last edited by 82eye; 12-12-2023, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post

there's an entire fitment thread with most combinations already tried. if you search you might find something there.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread - R3VLimited Forums

edit : was trying to find this

E30s on 16s - post yours - R3VLimited Forums

not sure if you've been through that.​
      I did go through every page of that thread and I am aware of the search function. Nill on the results. Googles search has recently changed as well and the results of nearly everything I search are extremely short.

Comment

Originally posted by E30budget View Post
        Googles search has recently changed as well and the results of nearly everything I search are extremely short.
        i've noticed the same. might be part of trying to sell us on the AI assistant.

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post

i've noticed the same. might be part of trying to sell us on the AI assistant.
          Who knows these days.. Google images is a great way to find solutions to problems or curiosities.

Comment

I've ran many wheel/tire combos including 225/50/16 BF Goodrich (E28 fitment wheels) on my M3. 205/55/16 and 225/50/16 are oversized as you know but it fit and fill out the wheel wells nicely on a lowered car. However, the tires just look too balloonish on the E30. I think it would look terrible on a stockish 318/325 and the only benefit I see being a more comfortable ride.
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

16x8 et35 AC Schnitzer Type I with 225/50-ZR16 Tires, these rubbed a little on full steering lock. I probably need a 45 aspect ratio.

16x8 et23 BBS Type 5 with 225/50-ZR16 Tires, these rubbed a lot on full steering lock

sigpic
              1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
              1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
              1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

The site is too slow to use the search right now anyway. I had these pics readily available because I linked to my car of the month thread in my sig. I had 225/50/16 on my E30 a few years ago. They rub on the wheel wells, I've since gone back to 225/45/16 since budget is not an issue with tires like it was when I chose the cheaper 50s. Pics from that era of my car here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4884396

IG @turbovarg
                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                [CoTM: 4-18]
                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                - updated 3-17

Comment

Working...
                X