Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    I like your idea. With the +23 it actually might just clear the front struts by a few mm. Worst case scenario you could always use a 3mm front spacer.
    So a +23 would clear the rear fender for the 235/40? Or are you saying I should try running a 3mm spacer with a +25 square setup?

In your little black book, what is the wheel spec to clear a 245/40/17 rear tire?

I'm trying to get a nice wide tire back there.
    Last edited by MC Hammered; 03-05-2012, 12:00 PM.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

You will need 20mm front spacers just to clear the struts. At that point the wheel will be far, far outside of the fenders.

Tire sizing completely depends on how much space you're adding with pulling and/or flares. Basically nothing will fit using my normal guidelines (fender roll, stock body).
      So if I went with a 8.25 would that take car of the issues? (same offset ect) then what tire would I want

Comment

I'm trying to make my 16" wheels work, so would a 245/35/16 on a 16x8.5 ET25 wheel fit in the rear?

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

alright
          My wheels are 17x8.5 et13, I need an 8mm spacer with these wheels to clear my callipers.
          What does this calculate into for the perfect offset? or am i reading completely wrong into this?

just trying to find a nice set of wheels that will work with the bbk.

mtech1/2jzgte/r154/275tire
          function>form

Comment

You'll want spacers all around, those will look poor without them.

15mm all around will allow 215/40 at all four corners.

I can pull 215's at all corners without rubbing? H&R Rare cup kit?

BTW: Thanks for the info!

You are the man.
            Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

@Mystikal i made a thread in wheel/tire, should of just put it in here.
              check it out! lmk!

Comment

17" style 5s or style 19's, both 17x8 et 20. How doable would those be on a 89 coupe if you ran 18mm adapters? I haven't had any luck finding any one running something similar.
                Might have to look for a place that can re drill.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

will 15x8 with 4 inch backspacing and a 205/50 tire fit in the front of my early model? the back will be 15x8 with et0 so im not worried about those. Just the fronts
                  GetRealWeird.com
                  For all your daily entertainment needs

Comment

I'm about to buy some BBS RS's and am a little worried about fitment. The specs are 16x8.5 with et18 in front and 16x9 with et12.5 in the rear. My car is lowered on the turner motorsport suspension setup and its already a tight fit with 15x7et25 dforces. Will i need a spacer in the front?

Comment

I very much agree, I've been steering people away from 215/40 as much as possible in recent years. It became the de-facto 16x9 size for reasons that I do not understand. It looks silly unless your oil pan is 1.5" off the pavement.

205/45 or 215/45. The sizes you mentioned will not work.
                      So a slightly oversized tire (215/50) is not recommended? Why not? i always liked the look of tires a slightly larger diameter and it should be okay gearing-wise because the car already has a 4.27.
                      The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                      Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                      2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                      2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

This question is noob as hell.

I found some E34 Style 29s for 100 bucks, I'm going to pick them up. They're obviously 5x120. I've searched around and don't see anybody running these on an E30 with adapters. Why is this?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb23ft View Post
                          This question is noob as hell.

I found some E34 Style 29s for 100 bucks, I'm going to pick them up. They're obviously 5x120. I've searched around and don't see anybody running these on an E30 with adapters. Why is this?
                          At a guess I would say they would get pushed way out of the arches when using adapter as they normally are quite thick (20-25mm?).

Anyone run 16x9 et15 with 225/45/16's? Looking at a tyre size calc these are close to stock 205/55/15's. I can do what ever work is required before respray

Comment

hey guys, first post, im from guatemala central america, i want to buy some 16 esm 1 wheels 8 wider like DTM looks what offset i should use??? 20 or 35. Tire?? 205 i want 215 all around whith eichback spring

Comment

245/40-17 or 235/40-17 on a 17x8.25 with ET20.

E30 M3 Front/rear fiberglass quarters. Possible? I can "space" the rear fender out if I need to. I know I'm running into the issue of the tires being oversized (diameter), but it's a track/drift car. What size spacer would you recommend, if any?

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammered View Post
                                So a +23 would clear the rear fender for the 235/40? Or are you saying I should try running a 3mm spacer with a +25 square setup?

In your little black book, what is the wheel spec to clear a 245/40/17 rear tire?

I'm trying to get a nice wide tire back there.
                                Yes, +23 will clear with a flat fender roll.

Bump it up to +28ish for a 245/40.

Comment

Working...
                                X