Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Semi-seriously considering a set of porsche cookie cutters on my '87. They come in 6x15 ET36 and 7x15 ET23.3, and the thinnest adapters are 18mm.

Would I need a staggered set to get the fronts in? No width less than 195, I want good tires.
    '87 325is - Schwarz/Schwarz

Comment

I found some style 32's local.
      The only reason I really want them is becasue they come with new tires
      my suspension is m3/ti
      17x8.5 et38 squared
      205/40/17

Will they fit?

Comment

I'm not going to speak for Mystikal but you might needs spacers. I have some 32's with et20 though ;)
        sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
          my suspension is m3/ti
          17x8.5 et38 squared
          205/40/17

Will they fit?
          Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
          I'm not going to speak for Mystikal but you might needs spacers. I have some 32's with et20 though ;)

I think you're right. But I wounder if that would make them stick past the fender?

Comment

Originally posted by Komzorz View Post
            Semi-seriously considering a set of porsche cookie cutters on my '87. They come in 6x15 ET36 and 7x15 ET23.3, and the thinnest adapters are 18mm.

Would I need a staggered set to get the fronts in? No width less than 195, I want good tires.
            The fronts aren't a problem, it's the rears that are pushing it.

Ideally:
            F: 35mm adapters 195/50
            R: 18mm adapters 205/50

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
              my suspension is m3/ti
              17x8.5 et38 squared
              205/40/17

Will they fit?
              Bolt right up.

Comment

What's the widest tire I can run on a 16x9 et 15in the rear on an early model
                I was hoping for 235/40 but it appears that tire size does not exist

And what should I run up front on a 16x8 et 20

I want the widest tires I can have I will be rolling the fenders and I can add spacers if nessecary.

Comment

I picked up a set of 14x6 wheels that are et45 and 57.1 centerbore. Am I correct in assuming that 10mm spacers would be bring the offset down to et35, the same as the stock bottlecaps? Should I go bigger with the spacers and bring the offset down further? I've seen some people stagger their spacers so the the rear wheels are wider apart than the fronts. Should I look into this? I know it may seem odd me trying to keep 14s but these wheels were free. Don't want them to go to waste. Primary use of the wheels will be highway driving/commuting. Any advice, corrections, etc. is greatly appreciated.
                  Last edited by alexiotron; 03-19-2013, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    The fronts aren't a problem, it's the rears that are pushing it.

Ideally:
                    F: 35mm adapters 195/50
                    R: 18mm adapters 205/50
                    If that's the case, I might as well go non-staggered 15x7 as they're a lot easier to find. Would that be alright with 18mm adapters all around?

I'm alright with rolling the fenders if I need to.
                    '87 325is - Schwarz/Schwarz

Comment

Need another advice mate;
                      18x8.5 et 12 and 18x9.5 et 22 on fully rolled fender E36 sedan.
                      What tyre size should I buy?
                      sigpic

Comment

Alright sorry guys, been out of the tire game for some time and need a quick answer:

I'm looking at some BBS RS.
                        7x15 ET38
                        I have 205/55 R15 summer tires. Will it fit?
                        1984 bronzit 323i // Euro & M-tech 1.

Comment

This thread has become way too large to search through. I have an 89 325 and just ordered some 16x8 et 15 wheels. What is the biggest tire i can fit with a fender roll? suspension setup is gc 450/700

Thanks!

Comment

I found an awesome deal on potenza 195/55/16, I have 16x9 rims, what do you think? I don't mind a little stretch but nothing to crazy

Comment

205/40/17 tires

offset is 35mm

Spacer 25mm in the back and 20mm front

The car has been lowered

Do you think I can clear the fenders without rolling them?

They are going on e30 touring
                              Last edited by cbouchez; 03-25-2013, 08:00 PM.
                              Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                                What's the widest tire I can run on a 16x9 et 15in the rear on an early model
                                I was hoping for 235/40 but it appears that tire size does not exist

And what should I run up front on a 16x8 et 20

I want the widest tires I can have I will be rolling the fenders and I can add spacers if nessecary.
                                225/40/16

You can run the same size up front if you don't care about matching stretch.

Comment

Working...
                                X