Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joev253 View Post
    Hey guys I'm going to be buying some wheels soon and I'm trying to decide between 16x9 15 offset and 3 inch lip or 17x10 15 offset with 4 inch lip.. My car is lowered on catuned coilovers and is decently low. I was wondering if 17x10 will be tough to fit and I should just go with 16x9 since this car is my daily.. I know I'll probably need some spacers here's a picture if my car currently
    16x9s. 205/45 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by GOT8SPD View Post
      I wanted to check that…

AVID.1 16x8 +25 wheels… I was thinking about sticking on 5mm spacers as well for a more herra frush look (not so much)

Running 205/50/16. Is this a more square tire? when i put this on the rim, will it stretch? or bulge? I don't like the bulge look i'm getting on my 14" bottle caps. Running 195/60 or something right now. It's ugly.
      You will need that 5mm spacer to clear the front struts. 205/50 will look square on 16x8s.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        18mm, 205/45. Rear fender roll.
        Thank you, I appreciate the help!
        - 2009 BMW 535xit
        - 1987 325is

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          You will need that 5mm spacer to clear the front struts. 205/50 will look square on 16x8s.
          Sorry…second question. I want to convert from lug bolts to studs. However, with this AVID 1 wheels…it has this cover on the wheels. How long/short should i go with as far as the studs so that it doesn't hit the cover? I guess I need to factor in the length since I will be wanting to run 5mm spacers.

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by GOT8SPD View Post
            Sorry…second question. I want to convert from lug bolts to studs. However, with this AVID 1 wheels…it has this cover on the wheels. How long/short should i go with as far as the studs so that it doesn't hit the cover? I guess I need to factor in the length since I will be wanting to run 5mm spacers.

thanks!
            Buy from this company, or PM this guy:

Originally posted by mmeyer08 View Post
            Thanks a lot, I ended up ordering the 64mm studs. They were to big, but Ryan Castro from motersports hardwear (a fellow e30 enthusiast) contacted me, after my wrong order, to make it right. My order got fixed, I'm glad they know there business over at motersports hardwear!

Big thanks to you aswell Mystikal!

Cheers mates!

Comment

Hi,

Thank you as always for your guidance on this. I am looking at some BBS RS wheels. Specs:
              Fronts 16x8(+27), Rears 16x8.5 (+19)

Going on an early model, coilover suspension. Would like as much rubber without rolling fenders as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

17x9.5 et21. They're 5x120 so I would need a adapter to run them.
                I'm thinking I can get away with 18mm adapters?

Comment

E36 M3 5lug fronts
                  E30 M3 5lug rears

Wheels are E31 17" Staggered Style 5s.
                  Origional specs are
                  17x8 et10 front
                  17x9 et19 rear

I took them apart had them refinished. When I put them back together i swapped the centers from front to rear so fronts are now 17x8 et19 and rears are 17x9 et10 or close to there.

What size tires would work? currently ive got a sqaure setup of 17x8.5" with 245/40/17 all around. So i have a grip setup, I think with these wheels id like to go more of a stance fitment but still keep the tires on the meaty side.

Comment

Originally posted by 5ickride View Post
                    Hi,

Thank you as always for your guidance on this. I am looking at some BBS RS wheels. Specs:
                    Fronts 16x8(+27), Rears 16x8.5 (+19)

Going on an early model, coilover suspension. Would like as much rubber without rolling fenders as possible.

Thanks in advance!
                    Will likely need a 5mm front spacer to clear depending on your coilover setup. 205/45 215/45 would be ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by White325is View Post
                      17x9.5 et21. They're 5x120 so I would need a adapter to run them.
                      I'm thinking I can get away with 18mm adapters?
                      With 205/40s and a lot of fender massaging.

Comment

Originally posted by Boosted E30 View Post
                        E36 M3 5lug fronts
                        E30 M3 5lug rears

Wheels are E31 17" Staggered Style 5s.
                        Origional specs are
                        17x8 et10 front
                        17x9 et19 rear

I took them apart had them refinished. When I put them back together i swapped the centers from front to rear so fronts are now 17x8 et19 and rears are 17x9 et10 or close to there.

What size tires would work? currently ive got a sqaure setup of 17x8.5" with 245/40/17 all around. So i have a grip setup, I think with these wheels id like to go more of a stance fitment but still keep the tires on the meaty side.
                        205/40 is the largest you'll fit on the rear. Using that size all around is probably your best bet.

Comment

I kinda figured id need flairs to fit anything wide enough to have grip with my turbo s50. Ill stick with my current wheel setup, the style 5s look good in my living room to haha. Thanks.

Comment

I'm looking at getting a set of 15x7s with 25mm offset, do I need spacers and what size tires should I get with them? I'm looking at 195/50R15 or 205/50R15 (I'm assuming 225/45R15 would be way too big) Thank you!
                            Last edited by Spectre; 02-25-2014, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Hello everyone,

So I purchased Kamoto's Ultra Wide fender flares not to long ago, and it is time for me to put them on and figure out what wheels/tires I want to run, but I have no idea. My wheel/tire game is terrible.

I don't want to give away my power goals, but lets say in the 400-700hp range (in the end).

Can anyone help me out with dimensions of the wheel and possible tire selections? Is 15", 16" or 17" best? Is a wider wheel better or a less wide wheel with a wider tire?

It would be awsome if i can get a nice fitment on the first go with these flares (I dont want a "slammed" look)
                              My 2JZ e30 Build
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=286243

Comment

Will a 17x8 wheel with 22 offset and 235/40/17 tires fit without rubbing?

If not - what kind of wheel specs are needed for a proper fitment of this tire?

Comment

Working...
                                X