Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17x7.5 et20, what tire size recommended? some people told me 215-40/17, others 225-45/17. I have 91 325 on billies and H&R sports...

Comment

17x9.5 17x11 et-13 all around. (negative offset) how much will it stick out?

Comment

If I wanted to run e38 Style 5s (filled and redrilled), 16x8 et23, what else would I need to make it work? Do I need 10mm spacers? Do I need to pull any fenders? I want to achieve the same look as the April COTM, Neil's e30.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          Neither would fit as the wheel is so far out. You need an undersized tire. 185/55 or 195/50 max.
          Funnily enough, I checked the original et on the wheels, and it's actually 30, not 20.

That leaves my final et coming out to 12f and 10r with the spacers I'm interested in.

Would 185/65 now work in this case with a roll?

Comment

1991 318is, H&R pro or race. Willing to do minor fender rolling. I want the most tire possible.

Questions:

1. Can I run Continental race slicks sized 225/40/17 all around (these run wide…near 245 width)? If so-what width/offset 17 (they run square-ish on 8-9” wheels).

2. I want to run the most street tire on n 16s or 17’s. What sizes/offsets to get most tire with my setup.

Thanks!
            '95 E34 540i 6 speed dd'd and tracked with mods
            '88 E24 635CSI 5 speed dd'd and tracked with mods
            '91 E30 318is 5 speed...soon to be turboed

Comment

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment T...

General knowledge question, what is the size difference between a 205/40/17 and a 215/40/17 in terms of sidewall size. I am pretty low on coilovers and don't want to rub on the back. Anyone with this setup have knowledge?
              Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
              If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
              Originally posted by J3M93
              This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarz3 View Post
                General knowledge question, what is the size difference between a 205/40/17 and a 215/40/17 in terms of sidewall size. I am pretty low on coilovers and don't want to rub on the back. Anyone with this setup have knowledge?
                4mm

The numbers tell you what the sidewall side is. For example the 40 stands for 40% of the width. So a 205/40 has a sidewall width of 82mm (205mm times 40% (0.40)), and a 215/40 has a sidewall width of 86mm (215mm times 40% (0.40).
                '95 E34 540i 6 speed dd'd and tracked with mods
                '88 E24 635CSI 5 speed dd'd and tracked with mods
                '91 E30 318is 5 speed...soon to be turboed

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnywachter View Post
                  im looking into a set of 16x9 +6 with a 245/35/16 tire, i want a meaty fitment but will this sit flush with the fender and clear the strut?
                  Won't fit at all, too aggressive on the fender.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdydorkus View Post
                    Help! How will this fit:

15x7 et 10? Will i need a fender roll?
                    Fits fine with a 205/50.

Comment

Originally posted by RedReplicant View Post
                      What does it take to clear 16x8 +20 / 16x9 +15 on a 91? H&R race springs.
                      205/45 all around, rear fender roll

Comment

Originally posted by ajD4bmw View Post
                        I'm about to pull the trigger on ESM 002r 16x8 ET20 all around, but i'm uncertain on the tire selection.
                        My car is an 89' coupe on IE stg3 race springs/Bilstein sports. I want to minimize stretch (205/45 on an 8" wide wheel still looks OK to my eyes and doesn't seem unsafe, but it's at the limit IMO). I also need enough sidewall to handle the rough roads in WI. How big of a tire can I fit? What's the typical tire for these wheel/suspension specs with disregard to potholes?
                        Get 205/50s.

Comment

Originally posted by Yonkers320is View Post
                          17x7.5 et20, what tire size recommended? some people told me 215-40/17, others 225-45/17. I have 91 325 on billies and H&R sports...
                          215/40. 225/45 does not fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Edirtyy808 View Post
                            17x9.5 17x11 et-13 all around. (negative offset) how much will it stick out?
                            About 1.5" past the fender in the front and 2.5" past the rears. Very ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohit View Post
                              If I wanted to run e38 Style 5s (filled and redrilled), 16x8 et23, what else would I need to make it work? Do I need 10mm spacers? Do I need to pull any fenders? I want to achieve the same look as the April COTM, Neil's e30.
                              You will need spacers if not now, when you replace your brake pads. If you like the look of that car copy it, 10mm spacers all around and 205/45s is a good combo.

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                                Funnily enough, I checked the original et on the wheels, and it's actually 30, not 20.

That leaves my final et coming out to 12f and 10r with the spacers I'm interested in.

Would 185/65 now work in this case with a roll?
                                Still a bit too tall for the front if you're lowered. I'd recommend 185/60 or 195/55.

Comment

Working...
                                X