Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need the gurus help....getting a set of type a's 16 x 9 all around . Looking for a good tire to put on them. Car will be pretty low on coils and I'm in upstate NY( pretty bad roads). Was looking into something like this...

Yokohama s.drive 195/40R16 80w

What does everyone think about them and that size on the type a?
    /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by schtozo View Post
      Yes they are 8 square.. I really dont want rubber band tires!! Would i get away with 215/40 at least or no way?
      Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by jteef View Post
        read through a lot of this, but hard to search for what i'm looking for.

car is a 12/92 build date cabrio and have staggered 16" esm002r's on stock suspension. Looking for a good tire size/brand, spacer recommendations, and fender rolling needs that will show a little bit of stretch, no poke and minimal to minor tire-to-fender gap.

I realize i'll have a fender-to-tire gap until I get some suspension. a coilover package is next on the list (likely something like the BCs/CAtuned stuff).
        What are the wheel specs?

Comment

Originally posted by FL318is View Post
          Mystical,

Looking for 15x7, et 25 CB57.1 tends to show the same wheel design time and again.

If I wanted to stay 15x7, what would be the et range? Also, what are your thoughts on using rings for a non-hubcentric?

Thank you
          Sticking with 205 tires, anything from +15 to +27 will work fine. Rings are perfectly fine.

Comment

Originally posted by getouth View Post
            Just got my hands on a set of genuine alpine's 17 x 8 and 17 x9 et 46 for both f and r. looking to put these on a touring with 20mm adapters, is this possible with a final offset of 26 all around? and if so what tires front and rear? I do intend to put stuff in it from time to time two regular adults and bicycle gear. car is on ground control coilovers. Thanks in advance for all you do for the community!!!
            I'd go with either 205/40 and 215/40 staggered or 215/40 all around. 235/40 or 245/35 have a chance of working with a rear fender roll and some height tinkering but seeing that utility is important I'd just go with the slimmer tires.

Comment

Originally posted by icebox View Post
              Thanks Mystikal!

How about 16x8 and 16x9 offset +20 and +25 respectively for the front and rear?
              Would 205/50 and 215/50 respectively be a good fit without any mods?

On H&R Sport springs this time
              Should work yeah. 225/45 is more ideal for the rears but 215/50 should just fit.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdunne30 View Post
                Im looking for some help with fitment on a set of rota grids. Currently I am running a set or borbet alloy wheels that are 16x7 and I believe 35 offset. I have the borbets wrapped with 195/65/R15. I am looking at a set of 17x7.5 grids with an offset of 45.
                SO here are my questions.
                -Obviously, will they fit with ease? Im expecting to have to roll the fenders. Im trying to avoid using any spacers.
                -On my current borbet wheels, I measured the outside of the rim and came up with 16 inches, but why would the wheel width on the tire say 15?
                -Would 215/50/17 tires fit around 17x7.5's? Should the width/profile be higher/lower?

I should probably add that the car is lowered on raceland coilovers about 2&1/2 to 3 inches.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated.
                You will absolutely need spacers, to the tune of 20mm. No fender rolling needed. 205/45 or 215/40 tires only.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Jamie View Post
                  Currently got some 15" BBS RS and need some new outer lips and tires.

After a look like this (on my non ix e30):

Will 205/55/15 fit on 15x8.5 ET7 and 15x9 ET3? Or would 8 and 8.5 be a better fit?

Unfortunately can't get 225/45 where I'm from and thinking 225/50 might be too fat? 205/50 seem too small to me.

Appreciate the help!
                  205/50 will probably still rub a bit. Anything larger won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockOffBrand View Post
                    I'm looking at getting 15x8 TR Motorsport C1s (et20 I believe) and putting some 225/55/r15 tires on them. Would those fit without rubbing? 1990 4dr on billy sports and h&r race springs all around. Fenders are slightly rolled as well. Thanks
                    Won't fit, 225/45 or 225/50 are the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by rds4129 View Post
                      Hi all, just wanted to follow up with an after picture. The car isn't finished yet but its starting to come together. Thanks for the offset & tire size help. I am extremely happy with how the wheels turned out.

Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by 968Reckless View Post
                        Need the gurus help....getting a set of type a's 16 x 9 all around . Looking for a good tire to put on them. Car will be pretty low on coils and I'm in upstate NY( pretty bad roads). Was looking into something like this...

Yokohama s.drive 195/40R16 80w

What does everyone think about them and that size on the type a?
                        Need to know the offset of the wheels first.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                          Need to know the offset of the wheels first.
                          +15.

I want to run the widest tires possible on a 16" or 15". I'd be willing to roll/pull the fenders as needed.What combo could I run to run 235s/245s on such a setup? Is this possible? Gonna get some hate here, but I'm planning on staying on stock height. On an 89 Sedan.
                          Last edited by Rev Run D; 12-10-2014, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                            What are the wheel specs?
                            They are staggered esm 002r's. 16x8 et20, 16x9 et 15..4x100

Comment

I just want to point out how awesome it is to have a thread like this where people go out of their way to help with this stuff. I am currently running x-drive wheels on my rwd e60 (can you spell 30mm spacers?), and it sure would've been nice to have this as a resource. I guesstimated and got lucky the first try, but still.

fun fact: 225/55/17 are too tall for a non-M e60 on the front. but only if you go over bumps with the wheels turned.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                              Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev Run D View Post
                                +15.

I want to run the widest tires possible on a 16" or 15". I'd be willing to roll/pull the fenders as needed.What combo could I run to run 235s/245s on such a setup? Is this possible? Gonna get some hate here, but I'm planning on staying on stock height. On an 89 Sedan.
                                If you want to run wide tires you bought the wrong wheels. Anything wider than 8" on an E30 requires stretched tires. Those Borbets would require 3-5mm front spacers and either 205/45 or 215/40 tires.

Functional = 15x8 +20, 16x8 +20, 17x8 +25.

Comment

Working...
                                X