Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikerob97 View Post
    Suspension:
    H&R Sport Springs (for Cabrio) Average lowering of 1.4"F, 0.75"R

Rim Info:
    Konig Rewind
    Diameter 15.0”
    Width 7.0”
    Offset 20mm

Tire Size Options
    1. 205/60 - 15 (seem to be more avail in this size)
    2. 205/55 - 15 (not many avail in this size)

Not looking for a track car - but a sporty daily driver. Will the 205/60s fit? Recommendations for tires? Are there other options I should consider?

Thanks in advance for your dedication to this thread.
    I used to run 15's with 7j ET 25 195/55 and there is plenty of space, why you going for 205?

Comment

Originally posted by iKarolis View Post
      I used to run 15's with 7j ET 25 195/55 and there is plenty of space, why you going for 205?
      Hey - thanks for the reply.

I was thinking that the 195s might be too narrow for the 7 inch rim?

~ Regards
      Mike
      Cary, NC
      Current Rides
      1991 325iC - For Sale
      2006 M3 Cabriolet
      Past Rides
      2000 323i Touring - Daily Driver
      1994 325is (S50) - Fast Car
      1998 Z3 - Fun Car
      1986 325e (i engine conversion)
      1969 Mustang Mach 1

Comment

Originally posted by fenwick View Post

Fronts are 16x10.5 ~6" backspace
        Rears are 17x14 ~8" backspace
        Bolt pattern is 5x130 so I need adapters, (someone help on where is a+)
        I'll be doing extensive fender mods don't worry
        But also need to figure out what tyres
        Has this ever even been attempted? Muahaha
        good luck with that. I am barely fitting 9.5j epsilons in the rear with a 225/45 tire. Going to need like 4 inch wide over fenders to get them to tuck in.
        2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
        (Daily Driver)
        Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
        KW V2 Coilovers
        VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

So I have a set of tires that I want to put on my e30 which is lowered on vogtlands and has 16x8 et20 rota slipstreams. The tires are 205/55/16 (and free!). I've been reading yes and no for this fitment. Anyone with experience? Thanks bros.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
            You're running 9" wide wheels on a tiny E30. You'll need stretch if you want the tires to roll.

205/45 or 215/40
            thanks never went with the wheels, down sized to a 16x8 et25, now looking for tires, thinking 215/40/ or ? have to check the tires sites, thanks for the help,
            88 M3 Lachsliber glass top, 90 IS project,

Comment

Hey - thanks for the reply.

I was thinking that the 195s might be too narrow for the 7 inch rim?

~ Regards
              No, 195 is ideal for 7 inch

Comment

Originally posted by osanchez640 View Post
                What if I roll front and back fenders flat? Could I run 225/50s? Thanks
                Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by kijones View Post
                  Maybe this will be easier with an end goal given so its not a guessing game for me. lol.

So the end goal is to fit a 235/40 or 245/40 wide tire in the rear without running flares (preferably 245). Obviously with 17's the tire choices are much better.

So if I go to 17, I need an 8-8.5 wide wheel. What would you say is the correct offset for them? Was thinking 17x8 et25(235 tire) and if 17x8.5 et30(235 or hopefully 245)?
                  17x8.5 +30 is ideal for the rear. 245/40s will work with a roll and stiff enough suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by iKarolis View Post
                    I have idea to buy R16 8,5j and 9,5j rims to my 90 318i euro model, back will be 9,5j with -6 et, front 8,5 with -10 et.205/45 rear, 195/45 front, camber plates, stiff suspension, not so low at this moment. Will my rear fit without hitting shock and any other things inside? What about rubbing?
                    If those offsets are negative then you don't need to worry about in the inside at all. It's the fact the wheels are way outside of the car. The offsets are just wrong for an E30, about 10mm too aggressive to work.

Comment

Originally posted by fenwick View Post

Fronts are 16x10.5 ~6" backspace
                      Rears are 17x14 ~8" backspace
                      Bolt pattern is 5x130 so I need adapters, (someone help on where is a+)
                      I'll be doing extensive fender mods don't worry
                      But also need to figure out what tyres
                      Has this ever even been attempted? Muahaha
                      Did you buy them? It's a long answer but only if you're dead serious here.

Comment

Originally posted by sacbmwdriver View Post
                        I'm looking at some work cr01 and I want to get some 15x8 all around, lowered on ground controls. What is a good offset ?
                        +20 is ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by MatRacer View Post
                          Hi! First, thanks for all the advice you are giving! Pretty awesome!

Wanted to fit 15x8 et20 With 225/45/15 G-Force Rival or Ventus RS3... I know that it fits. BUT, I could have access to a nice deal on 15x8 et0 with 225/45/15 Ventus RS3. I know its impossible on stock fenders, but my fenders are rolled and pulled and I shaved a bit of the interior exceeding sheet metal... For reference, Here is the status of the rear fenders on my 89 325ì with 17x10 et20:

Also, this is where the 235/40/17 Toyo RA1 (which runs pretty wide) contact the fender (on the 17x10):

So do you think its near possible or I should forget it right away?

I know that funfgan is running 15x8 et5 final with RS3... but 5mm can do a big difference...

Thanks again!

Note that front is also rolled and pulled...
                          I think it's too aggressive still.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                            Does hub bore size difference cause improper balancing?

the reason why I ask, is because I recently put a set of steel 14 inch stock e30 wheels and tires on my e30 and it rides and steers like a DREAM!!! Never since I've owned this car has it performed so smoothly and quietly (could also be the tires helping too).
                            Those wheels are Borbet type C's and while they look nice and all, I really want to go to a smaller wheel size.

Any wheels being made new that have the same 57.1mm centre bore and are 4x100 and 15 inch?

thanks in advance
                            If the wheels are not hubcentric there's a very strong chance you will get vibrations. It's not a balancing issue per se.

Comment

Suspension:
                              H&R Sport Springs (for Cabrio) Average lowering of 1.4"F, 0.75"R

Rim Info:
                              Konig Rewind
                              Diameter 15.0”
                              Width 7.0”
                              Offset 20mm

Tire Size Options
                              1. 205/60 - 15 (seem to be more avail in this size)
                              2. 205/55 - 15 (not many avail in this size)

Not looking for a track car - but a sporty daily driver. Will the 205/60s fit? Recommendations for tires? Are there other options I should consider?

Thanks in advance for your dedication to this thread.
                              Yes, they will just fit. If your front fender liners are loose (or you get offset front control arm bushings) you might scrub them a bit at full lock but nothing serious. 195/60 and 195/55 both work fine also.

Comment

Originally posted by 18rabbit View Post
                                So I have a set of tires that I want to put on my e30 which is lowered on vogtlands and has 16x8 et20 rota slipstreams. The tires are 205/55/16 (and free!). I've been reading yes and no for this fitment. Anyone with experience? Thanks bros.
                                Won't fit properly in front. 205/50, 205/45, 215/45, 225/45.

Comment

Working...
                                X