Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK Jay, how about this for aggressive

15" 8.5j et15 195/50 15 all round.
    15mm spacers in front
    20mm spacers in rear
    or should I just run without the spacers?
    lips are rolled completely flat

I am concerned for caliper and/or strut clearance in front.
    getting smaller spacers is an option.
    would fitting the thicker spacers in front help with rear fitment?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      Where did you read 16x9 +0 fits perfectly? They sit about 10-15mm outside of the car and won't work at all without substantial fender mods. 16x9 +15 is ideal for the rear. 16x10 +12 would be perfect in my eyes. Fender pulling and/or flares are necessary still.
      Originally posted by fporro View Post
      Thank you, I assumed that 9et 0 was perfect since people are always stretching their BBS RS ...x7 et25 to ...x9 et0 or 3. Thanks for clarifying.

Mahalo,
      Frank
      Yeah they do that when they start with E30-specific RS001s, but it's actually much better to start with a FWD RS application that sits the inner wheel edge right at the strut. That's how you get 9" and wider on an E30, by staying close to the inside.
      Uhm, do have 003's, those give 5 inch backspace and 1/4" (?) clearance at strut.
      The 033's measure 5 5/64th deep., maximus front fitment would be 8.5 ?, et ?.

Front fitment has 2nd critical issue, it relates to BBK clearance, running 15mm H&R hub centric spacers to clear calipers, 6mm would be more than enough to keep bolts from hitting front calipers (please see enclosed pic of rs 003, there's 2x3mm spacers, I'm ok with caliper clearance.
      So, is there a BBS RS waffle that's 6mm thicker/more back space ?
      001's, 003's and 033's seem same.

How about rear's ?, some people cuts upper spring perch, is that truly necessary for 10" rims ?,
      Look's like there's plenty of room for 16's and 17's, perhaps 15 inch barrell's are too narrow, would that be the reason for such mod ?

I'm on H&R coilover's so height varies from time to time.

most of my16x7et25/et27 are 5" deep, just want to make sure before ordering lip's, barrels.

Thanks again :)

Last edited by fporro; 04-02-2015, 06:47 PM.

Comment

new the the bmw scene. need some wheel offset help

just picked up a 89 325i not to long ago. im going to be putting it on air. i just bought a set of bbs e75s there 5x130. going to need adapters but im not sure what size. fronts are 15x8.5 et25 rears are 15x9.5 et39. i want the fender to sit between the tire and the lip of the wheel. front and back. i can run camber if needed but i need to know what size adapters to have made.

Comment

Originally posted by MPLFoster View Post
          Wheels: 16x8.5 ET 24 all around
          Tires: 215/50r16

Fenders are stock. No spacers.

Any issues with such a set up?
          Will need 10mm front spacers just to clear the struts. Once you're out that far, the tires are too big. 205/45 would be ideal. Rears will work without spacers and with those tall tires, but will look funny compared to the spaced out fronts. I'd go 10-15mm spacers all around with 205/45 tires, personally.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwmaniac2 View Post
            OK Jay, how about this for aggressive

15" 8.5j et15 195/50 15 all round.
            15mm spacers in front
            20mm spacers in rear
            or should I just run without the spacers?
            lips are rolled completely flat

I am concerned for caliper and/or strut clearance in front.
            getting smaller spacers is an option.
            would fitting the thicker spacers in front help with rear fitment?
            Much better without spacers. I'd suggest 5mm in the back and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by fporro View Post
              Uhm, do have 003's, those give 5 inch backspace and 1/4" (?) clearance at strut.
              The 033's measure 5 5/64th deep., maximus front fitment would be 8.5 ?, et ?.

Front fitment has 2nd critical issue, it relates to BBK clearance, running 15mm H&R hub centric spacers to clear calipers, 6mm would be more than enough to keep bolts from hitting front calipers (please see enclosed pic of rs 003, there's 2x3mm spacers, I'm ok with caliper clearance.
              So, is there a BBS RS waffle that's 6mm thicker/more back space ?
              001's, 003's and 033's seem same.

How about rear's ?, some people cuts upper spring perch, is that truly necessary for 10" rims ?,
              Look's like there's plenty of room for 16's and 17's, perhaps 15 inch barrell's are too narrow, would that be the reason for such mod ?

I'm on H&R coilover's so height varies from time to time.

most of my16x7et25/et27 are 5" deep, just want to make sure before ordering lip's, barrels.

Thanks again :)
              Not sure which RS faces give what clearance or not. 10" rears fit without cutting anything if the offset is perfect. Yes, the larger the wheel diameter the more space there is on an E30, both front and rear. I still think 15x10 is possible at +20.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickbaggede30 View Post
                just picked up a 89 325i not to long ago. im going to be putting it on air. i just bought a set of bbs e75s there 5x130. going to need adapters but im not sure what size. fronts are 15x8.5 et25 rears are 15x9.5 et39. i want the fender to sit between the tire and the lip of the wheel. front and back. i can run camber if needed but i need to know what size adapters to have made.
                Now camber of course change things a lot here. I'll make a suggestion based on natural camber gain. 30mm front and rear is about where you want to be. 195/50 and 205/50 would be good choices.

Comment

Will need 10mm front spacers just to clear the struts. Once you're out that far, the tires are too big. 205/45 would be ideal. Rears will work without spacers and with those tall tires, but will look funny compared to the spaced out fronts. I'd go 10-15mm spacers all around with 205/45 tires, personally.

Will a 205/50R16 have any clearance issues after spacers? i'd like to keep the overall diameter near stock.

Thanks for your advice.

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Hi there,

I'm fairly new to the whole E30 game.

I'll get to the point:

First of all, will 16x8 et+25 wheels fit on my late model '92 318i convertible?
                    (I understand that I may need 5mm wheel spacers for the front, what about the back)?

Second, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe my tire options are either 225/45/16 OR 205/50/16.
                    This brings me to my final question: what is the difference between those two different tire sizes? Why do both fit?

Thanks so much,

Gabe

Comment

What tire size and spacer for the following wheels under stock rolled fenders and a 3 inch drop.

15x10 et 15 F/R

and

15x10 et-15 F/R (long shot?)
                      Originally posted by ebelements
                      Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Originally posted by MPLFoster View Post
                        Will a 205/50R16 have any clearance issues after spacers? i'd like to keep the overall diameter near stock.

Thanks for your advice.
                        205/50 will rub with the spacers unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by gabe_e30 View Post
                          Hi there,

I'm fairly new to the whole E30 game.

I'll get to the point:

First of all, will 16x8 et+25 wheels fit on my late model '92 318i convertible?
                          (I understand that I may need 5mm wheel spacers for the front, what about the back)?

Second, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe my tire options are either 225/45/16 OR 205/50/16.
                          This brings me to my final question: what is the difference between those two different tire sizes? Why do both fit?

Thanks so much,

Gabe
                          Yes, 5mm just on the fronts is necessary. Both tire sizes fit, one is just 20mm wider than the other. You can fit about a 100mm width range on the same set of wheels, surprisingly.

Comment

Originally posted by sticksdaman View Post
                            What tire size and spacer for the following wheels under stock rolled fenders and a 3 inch drop.

15x10 et 15 F/R

and

15x10 et-15 F/R (long shot?)
                            No chance of fitting 10" fronts under the bodywork unfortunately. You would need to space them out to -2 or so just to clear the struts, and at that point they would be WAY outside the car.

Comment

Hi. I've tried searching this and can't seem to find anything. I have an 01 330ci OEM sports suspension. I want to install 17x9 +20mm offset with the OEM size tires. I don't want it stanced too hard, fenders not rolled. I'm not against rolling them either. No plans to lower the car.

Comment

What center caps fit on ronal ls wheels, they are 15in by 7.5 in? Additionally, where is a good place to get them?

Comment

Working...
                                X