Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    205/50 will rub with the spacers unfortunately.

With rolled arches as well? am i looking at adding camber to compensate?

Thanks again for the help. :up:

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

If I have 16x8 et25. Would 12.5 spacers be over kill for the front? My current tire size is 195-60-15. This will be a temp setup, as I already have these tires and they still have life left. When it is time to change tires. What should I go with, that will give me as much meat as possible? Also, I lowered with H&R cup it.
      Holy shit did you even read this post before you posted?

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/announcement.php?f=156

This thread sure sucked last night. It just plain sucked. I've seen threads suck before but this is the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by EightPack View Post
        Hi. I've tried searching this and can't seem to find anything. I have an 01 330ci OEM sports suspension. I want to install 17x9 +20mm offset with the OEM size tires. I don't want it stanced too hard, fenders not rolled. I'm not against rolling them either. No plans to lower the car.
        Well this is an E30 forum but what the hell. Those will only fit with 215 tires and a fender roll. Way too low of an offset for an E46 to fit stock tires.

Comment

Originally posted by MPLFoster View Post
          With rolled arches as well? am i looking at adding camber to compensate?

Thanks again for the help. :up:
          Yes, rolled or not. You could add front and rear camber adjustment if you like but I'm not sure it's worth the money and effort...not cheap or easy to get both.

Comment

Originally posted by Peelsbimmer View Post
            If I have 16x8 et25. Would 12.5 spacers be over kill for the front? My current tire size is 195-60-15. This will be a temp setup, as I already have these tires and they still have life left. When it is time to change tires. What should I go with, that will give me as much meat as possible? Also, I lowered with H&R cup it.
            Either you made a typo or I have some very bad news for you about using those tires...

Comment

Either you made a typo or I have some very bad news for you about using those tires...
              stretching on a whole new level

Comment

Plan on getting these new wheels and I really want to go 16x9"s all around because I've heard from a lot of people that a staggered setup with e30's promotes understeer. I really just want to know if 9" wide tires will fit in the front without rubbing or if I have to run spacers. If I have to I'll run 8"s in the front.

Thanks guys.

Comment

16x9 et15 fit with mild lowering and light fender roll? if so the ideal tire size

Comment

Unfortunately, not a typo. Just running these tires, until I can figure out size to run, that will have some meat.

This thread sure sucked last night. It just plain sucked. I've seen threads suck before but this is the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

Comment

Yes, rolled or not. You could add front and rear camber adjustment if you like but I'm not sure it's worth the money and effort...not cheap or easy to get both.
                      Alright, so to re-cap..

205/45R16 is what will work in the front after 10-15mm of spacer and the rears can fit a tire up to 215/50R16 no spacers needed. Correct? My idea is to run 205/45 up front with a 12mm spacer and 205/50 in the rear with a 15mm spacer. will the tires be too odd looking? will everything fit?

Thanks again! super awesome having a resource like this/you. :up:

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Originally posted by mikebloco View Post
                        http://www.klutchwheels.com/wheels/sl1-bronze-w-black-

Plan on getting these new wheels and I really want to go 16x9"s all around because I've heard from a lot of people that a staggered setup with e30's promotes understeer. I really just want to know if 9" wide tires will fit in the front without rubbing or if I have to run spacers. If I have to I'll run 8"s in the front.

Thanks guys.
                        What offsets do they come in? I can't tell from the site. Yes 9" can fit with stretched tires and the ideal offset (+12).

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzit707 View Post
                          16x9 et15 fit with mild lowering and light fender roll? if so the ideal tire size
                          3-5mm front spacers, rear fender roll, 205/45.

Comment

Originally posted by Peelsbimmer View Post
                            Unfortunately, not a typo. Just running these tires, until I can figure out size to run, that will have some meat.
                            You typed 15" and 16", that's what I'm referring to.

Comment

Well then. I guess there was a typo. Lol. I've got 12.5mm spacers on the way for the fronts. In your opinion, whats the most meat I run for a tire size

Comment

Originally posted by MPLFoster View Post
                                Alright, so to re-cap..

205/45R16 is what will work in the front after 10-15mm of spacer and the rears can fit a tire up to 215/50R16 no spacers needed. Correct? My idea is to run 205/45 up front with a 12mm spacer and 205/50 in the rear with a 15mm spacer. will the tires be too odd looking? will everything fit?

Thanks again! super awesome having a resource like this/you. :up:
                                Wow took me forever to find your original post. Do me a favour next time and repeat what the setup is.

No, that will rub in the back. What I said earlier was in regards to the rear mostly. +9 is way too low of an offset for a 8.5"/205/50.

Comment

Working...
                                X