Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    Wow took me forever to find your original post. Do me a favour next time and repeat what the setup is.

No, that will rub in the back. What I said earlier was in regards to the rear mostly. +9 is way too low of an offset for a 8.5"/205/50.

Sorry about that.

So really, my only option for tires front and rear is 205/45 on a 16x8.5 +24 with 10mm spacers front and rear for clearance, making the offset +14 all around. Sound right? i apologize if im going in circles. offsets and tire sizing isn't something i have tons of experience with and im just trying to get as much tire under the car as possible while staying close to the original overall diameter.

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

I believe I read that the offset is et18
      So 16x9 4" lip et 18

I was thinking of 225/40, just a little stretch so they tuck right but if I have to go with a lower profile I will. My car is stock height as well. Didn't want to lower it until I got the new wheels on.

Comment

Looking to pick up some JNC031's as a quick fix. Looking to run 16s, was thinking staggered, 16x8 in the front and 16x?? In the back. Any guidance? I'm on OEM suspension but will be on H&R sports very soon after the wheels.

Comment

Would it be possible to fit a set of 205/50 tires on a 16x8 et 14 wheel with a slight fender roll? I know you would suggest 205/45 or 215/40, but it would save me the cost of buying another set of tires. Plus the grand touring all season tires selection is plentiful in 205/50.

If not, would 195/50 or 195/55 work on that setup? Those seems to be other sizes that offers a good selection for the type of tires I'm looking for. Would it looked too stretched?

H&R/bilstein sports

Thanks again!
          Last edited by fanofe30s; 04-12-2015, 01:06 AM.
          Need a limited slip differential? Check my FS threads

Feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by MPLFoster View Post
            Sorry about that.

So really, my only option for tires front and rear is 205/45 on a 16x8.5 +24 with 10mm spacers front and rear for clearance, making the offset +14 all around. Sound right? i apologize if im going in circles. offsets and tire sizing isn't something i have tons of experience with and im just trying to get as much tire under the car as possible while staying close to the original overall diameter.
            Correct.

Comment

Originally posted by mikebloco View Post
              I believe I read that the offset is et18
              So 16x9 4" lip et 18

I was thinking of 225/40, just a little stretch so they tuck right but if I have to go with a lower profile I will. My car is stock height as well. Didn't want to lower it until I got the new wheels on.
              Bad offset for fronts. You ideally need an 8mm spacer to clear the front struts, but you will almost be guaranteed to have vibrations as they are not hubcentric at that size. So you'd run 10mm hubcentric spacers, but then the wheels (especially on a stock car) will be WAY outside of the car. And then you would have to deal with spacing the rears out to match, which at that point will require 205 tires, rolled fenders, and stiff springs.

9" wide wheels are a huge undertaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Orbmvf View Post
                Looking to pick up some JNC031's as a quick fix. Looking to run 16s, was thinking staggered, 16x8 in the front and 16x?? In the back. Any guidance? I'm on OEM suspension but will be on H&R sports very soon after the wheels.
                Without available offsets I can't answer this.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofe30s View Post
                  Would it be possible to fit a set of 205/50 tires on a 16x8 et 14 wheel with a slight fender roll? I know you would suggest 205/45 or 215/40, but it would save me the cost of buying another set of tires. Plus the grand touring all season tires selection is plentiful in 205/50.

If not, would 195/50 or 195/55 work on that setup? Those seems to be other sizes that offers a good selection for the type of tires I'm looking for. Would it looked too stretched?

H&R/bilstein sports

Thanks again!
                  Should work with a flat fender roll. Maybe a slight rub occasionally. Right on that yes/no edge for me. If you have coilover it'll help massively. 195/50s would work 100%.

Comment

Without available offsets I can't answer this.
                    Et20. Offered in 16x8 and 16x9. http://www.jncwheels.com/jnc-wheel-collection/JNC031

Comment

Yeah they do that when they start with E30-specific RS001s, but it's actually much better to start with a FWD RS application that sits the inner wheel edge right at the strut. That's how you get 9" and wider on an E30, by staying close to the inside.
                      This is really interesting.

Not quite sure how to ask this, but what's the stock E30 distance to watch on the inside? Seems like it's something like mounting pad to the strut? maybe less whatever clearance you need? Not sure how steering plays into that in front, or whether this distance would be different in the rear.

Coincidentally, I'm thinking about putting new 2" lips on a set of stock E30 RS 001s, which I think means that they go from ET25 to ET12, and 15x7 to 15x8.

I'm assuming stock RS 001s have 1" lips to start, then subtracting half the additional width (in mm) from the offset - 1 in is 25 mm, so ET25 - 12.5 = ET12(.5)

I think this leaves the stock clearance exactly the same, and just moves the outside lip a whole inch out.

Any idea if this will cause any fender clearance issues with no low and no roll on 205/55s?

I'm thinking that 205/55 would allow me to continue to use one of my bottle caps as a spare if needed.

Comment

Well I guess I'll go with 8" wides in the front. If I have to roll the fenders then thats whats gotta happen. Thanks mystikal. What tire size do you recomend?

I found that the offset on the 16X9 rims are et20, and the offset on the 16x8 rim is et15.
                        Last edited by mikebloco; 04-14-2015, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Orbmvf View Post
                          Perfect. 205/45 front 225/40 rear is ideal. If you have trouble finding the rear size 215/45 works also.

Comment

Originally posted by pietro View Post
                            This is really interesting.

Not quite sure how to ask this, but what's the stock E30 distance to watch on the inside? Seems like it's something like mounting pad to the strut? maybe less whatever clearance you need? Not sure how steering plays into that in front, or whether this distance would be different in the rear.

Coincidentally, I'm thinking about putting new 2" lips on a set of stock E30 RS 001s, which I think means that they go from ET25 to ET12, and 15x7 to 15x8.

I'm assuming stock RS 001s have 1" lips to start, then subtracting half the additional width (in mm) from the offset - 1 in is 25 mm, so ET25 - 12.5 = ET12(.5)

I think this leaves the stock clearance exactly the same, and just moves the outside lip a whole inch out.

Any idea if this will cause any fender clearance issues with no low and no roll on 205/55s?

I'm thinking that 205/55 would allow me to continue to use one of my bottle caps as a spare if needed.
                            The strut clearance (backspacing) varies depending on what struts are in the car as well as the diameter of the wheels. Because the strut is tilted slightly, the larger the wheel diameter the wider of a wheel/tire you can fit. 15x8 +12 is perfect, just run 205/50 tires and everything will fit great. 205/55s will rub a bit. That said this setup leaves a full 10mm of space towards the struts that could be filled with wheel. If you say started with 15x7 +35 RS's you would have a 15x8 +22 wheel that would fit 225 tires easily.

You can still use your stock diameter spare tire. If you're really far from home, have an LSD, and the flat is on the rear, just move the spare to the front and run the old front on the rear

Comment

Originally posted by mikebloco View Post
                              Well I guess I'll go with 8" wides in the front. If I have to roll the fenders then thats whats gotta happen. Thanks mystikal. What tire size do you recomend?

I found that the offset on the 16X9 rims are et20, and the offset on the 16x8 rim is et15.
                              Perfect offsets. 205/45 front and either 215/45 or 225/40 rears. Just need a rear fender roll for the 225s, otherwise nothing.

Comment

I understand making the rear tire size a tad bigger but is it necessary. What about 205/50's on a et10 offset all around ?
                                Last edited by mikebloco; 04-15-2015, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X