Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All,

BMW 325is looking to run a set of 15" Basketweaves with a 205/55/R15 tire on it. Attempted to fit the wheel onto the car, but it was touching the suspension. What spacer size would I need to run these, with the stock chamfer on the rims? I can't seem to find any spacers with the stock chamfer.

Thanks,
    -Steve
    Last edited by Visors; 06-26-2020, 07:41 PM.

Comment

I just bought a set of Borbet B’s in 16x7.5 et30 and 16x9 et15. Any help on what size tires I should run? I have a 91 318i sedan and i will be putting on BC coilovers shortly. I’d rather not have super stretched tires but a little is alright. Any help would be appreciated!
      Last edited by Gank61; 07-06-2020, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post

Ok cool I ran a 225/45R16 on a 16x8 et 23. I was lowered and had a slight rub in the rear. I raised the rear with some spring pads and that stopped. So you could go that size which is readily available and be fine if you are not lowered. If you are you may need a slight rear fender roll depending on how low.
        i have Stan's old wheels. just recently put in new koni yellows and H&R sports and added additional spring pads in the rear with zero rubbing.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Cc5b9o2.jpg
Views:	793
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	9937772
        1993 325iC
        1998 M3
        1987 535iS

Comment

Originally posted by arcpolo View Post

i have Stan's old wheels. just recently put in new koni yellows and H&R sports and added additional spring pads in the rear with zero rubbing.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Cc5b9o2.jpg
Views:	793
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	9937772
          Looking good!
          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Hello I am newbie I purchase a 1990 325i doing a s52 swap so since the car is going to be down also doing a 5 lug swap 1999 z3M front knuckles and suspension in the rear going with the z4 hub and srs adapter kit with e46 brakes. If I wanted to run size 17 rim and tires what set up would work with this? Thanks for any reply

Comment

Saw a set of BBS reps for sale. Seller says they are 16x7.5 ET30, will I need spacers?

I checked the fitment thread and it looks like its within the range I need to be in. E30s are new to me, looking for some handholding lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Sladek View Post
                Looking for fitment advice on an E30 M3 with H&R race springs. I have a set of APEX ARC-8 wheels that are 17x8.5" ET20 that im trying to decide on tire size and determine whether or not I will need camber plates upfront. The tire size recommended is 215/40R17 but says may require some negative camber upfront depending on suspension setup. Since the H&Rs are so low but also pretty common I wanted to see if anyone else has experience fitting these or if there are other options
                Hi, Did you ever get these fitted and did you need camber plates?

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm planning on "spaceing" my original 15" basketweaves (205/55/R15 7J ET24), looking for a flush / fatty fitment.
                  As I measured, I would need 10mm spacer for the front and 20mm in the back - for the tire (not the rim, as it will sit much more inside the wheel well) to be flush with the arches. As my car is not considerably low (just Eibach springs), I would be having about 5-7cm (2-3inches) before tyre would do any rubbing (this should be considered car bouncing over hops), do you think this would work ? I would be rolling with ET14 on the front and ET4 in the back.

I really need to keep the wheel/tyre size as police do regularly checks and this comprises with that fatty fitment I want, too. Just need some info if someone else is rolling with ET4 in the back without stretched tyres.

Thanks !

Comment

This sticky dead? I see lots of question no answers. Newbie here. Searched about post 1-150 and still don’t have answers. And doesn’t see anyone answering questions

Comment

Many of the R3V stickies are dated at the beginning. They need relevant info form the posts updated in the beginning. I would post in the sub-form body.

Comment

1990 325i, koni SA, e30m3 springs, " garagistic CAE offset V2" with Ronal R10 7 x 15 et28 and 225 50 15. I am running 14" bottle caps and skinny 185 tires and in turn in i almost rub the inner well plastic. It looks like a bigger wheel and tires would be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Von Soman View Post
                          1990 325i, koni SA, e30m3 springs, " garagistic CAE offset V2" with Ronal R10 7 x 15 et28 and 225 50 15. I am running 14" bottle caps and skinny 185 tires and in turn in i almost rub the inner well plastic. It looks like a bigger wheel and tires would be a problem.
                          I used a 16x8 wheel with +18 offset. It needed 10mm spacer to move the wheel out and barely clear the strut tube. I think your wheel has too much positive offset and you need to move them out with a spacer. Washers are an easy way to determine that.

Comment

Can anyone give 100% confirmation 225/45/16 will fit all around without rubbing on an '87 325i cabrio on filled/drilled 16x8 et23 BBS style 5's without using either spacers or rolling fenders, running BC coilovers? Or do I need to go 215/45/16?
                            Last edited by Cloudpath; 01-25-2021, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudpath View Post
                              Can anyone give 100% confirmation 225/45/16 will fit all around without rubbing on an '87 325i cabrio on filled/drilled 16x8 et23 BBS style 5's without using either spacers or rolling fenders, running BC coilovers? Or do I need to go 215/45/16?
                              I can give you 100% confirmation that it will have a slight rub unless you are at stock height on a coupe. I cant tell on a vert though but I would think the front would be the exact same where I had a very slight rub (car dropped).
                              Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post

I can give you 100% confirmation that it will have a slight rub unless you are at stock height on a coupe. I cant tell on a vert though but I would think the front would be the exact same where I had a very slight rub (car dropped).
                                Thanks for the reply. Would that be rubbing on the front or rear? Inside or outside? Only at full lock?

Trying to decide between 225s or 215s...

Comment

Working...
                                X