Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17x7.5 with 215/40R17, can I squeeze 235/40R17?

Offset 40 but using 20mm Spacers so final is Offset et20

These are BBS LMs 198s
    Last edited by Staszek; 09-19-2017, 07:13 PM.
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

17x 9 wheels with 245/45 tires, will that fit under my 87 e30?

Comment

CCW Classics

Heavily considering a set of CCW Classics

Wondering if I will be able to run 16x10 square on BC Coils and how much tire I will be able to clear and what offset is ideal.

Thank you for your help!

Comment

Style 9's

Found these Style 9's locally for $100 and think they'd look amazing on the e30. I believe they're 16x7.5 et 15. Planning on buying 42 Draft Design adapters. Wondering what thickness adapters to buy and what tire size I should run.

Car specs:
          1987 325e lowered on H&R Sports

Also, does anyone know the hub size for the Style 9's? I believe 72.5 mm.. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks in advance for the help.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by RichiesE30; 09-24-2017, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Does anybody still help in this thread?

Wheel noob here. I've always used factory wheels on my Bmws. But I now find the need to Branch out. I'm looking at a set of 15x7 4x100 +30 wheels with a 73.1 center bore. These should be pretty similar to us stock wheel set up, shouldn't it? I realize I will have to use some hub-centric rings to make them balance correctly. My question being if I end up needing spacers how do I go about doing that? Seeing as I can't find any 57.1 to 73.1 spacers without having them custom built and spending a lot of money (I'm not looking to spend a ton on this car and will probably sell to acquire a late model at some point). Also I will be on Raceland coilovers and I was curious how wide of tires I can run without any rubbing. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by E36kid View Post
              Wheel noob here. I've always used factory wheels on my Bmws. But I now find the need to Branch out. I'm looking at a set of 15x7 4x100 +30 wheels with a 73.1 center bore. These should be pretty similar to us stock wheel set up, shouldn't it? I realize I will have to use some hub-centric rings to make them balance correctly. My question being if I end up needing spacers how do I go about doing that? Seeing as I can't find any 57.1 to 73.1 spacers without having them custom built and spending a lot of money (I'm not looking to spend a ton on this car and will probably sell to acquire a late model at some point). Also I will be on Raceland coilovers and I was curious how wide of tires I can run without any rubbing. Thanks
              You dont need custom spacers, just buy spacers that are 57.1 hubcentric, there are several companies that make them.

All you need to do is get rings that bring the bore of the wheels from 73.1 to 57.1

Comment

So as long as the surface that meets with the Hub is hub-centric then the wheels that attach to the spacers don't matter?

Comment

Originally posted by E36kid View Post
                  So as long as the surface that meets with the Hub is hub-centric then the wheels that attach to the spacers don't matter?
                  The wheels need to have rings to bring the size down to 57.1. Once you have them you can mount the wheels as are right to the existing E30 hubs. Or if you have 10-20mm spacers that have hubcentric lips it will mount directly to them.

You can get rings like this (or any brand)

Then get spacers like this and they will mate right up

15mm 4x100 Spacers Aluminum Alloy 57.1 center bore Hubcentric with Shank Spacers sold in pairs (2 spacers)

Those are 15mm but you can go more or less if you like.

The rim you bought though actually doesnt need spacers, they will mount without them, the spacers will just be for looks and a slightly wider track.

My car came with 15x7 et35 wheels and fit no problem.

Comment

Sounds good, I've already ordered the hubcentric rings. I was just making sure that if I ended up needing spacers I would be able to make them work.

Comment

Original factory rubber 1987 325is m sport?

I was wonder what brand, size tire BMW put on their 325is in 1987, and, if different from the base 325is, what was put on the M sport package that year.
                      I ask because I own the above car and the spare is a fifth BBS wheel that is in new condition and has a 205/50VR15 Bridgestone Potenza RE71 tire mounted. Would this possibly be the original spare tire?
                      Thank you in advance.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SSMsport View Post
                        I was wonder what brand, size tire BMW put on their 325is in 1987, and, if different from the base 325is, what was put on the M sport package that year.
                        I ask because I own the above car and the spare is a fifth BBS wheel that is in new condition and has a 205/50VR15 Bridgestone Potenza RE71 tire mounted. Would this possibly be the original spare tire?
                        Thank you in advance.
                        I dont know think those were stock wheels on an IS, I think BBS 14" basketweaves were the stock wheels, and if you got the Mtech package it added 15" version that you have there.

Is your car an Mtech? If so that was probably stock then. These are the ones that came on my 90 325is.

Comment

Is it possible...

I am prone to believe that these are the wheels that came on this car when it was purchased. It also has the M badges, which I am certain were on the car when purchased. Is it possible that the 15 inch wheels were part of the "M sport" package? From what I have read, there really isn't much absolute information on these M-sport cars. Is it possible they were, at least partially, a dealer upgrade? The old gentleman I bought the car from would never have thought to go to a bigger wheel, and the owners before him were obviously not performance minded. I can see the dealer swapping the wheels to a 15 when it was on the showroom floor to go with the M theme. I firmly believe the transmission in this car is the Getrag 265/5 as 5th feels like 1:1 instead of over drive like the 260. The rearend is geared rather low as well.
                          For all of the digging I have done I have not found much solid information on the car. In fact, there is debate as to whether the M-sport was even sold in the U.S.. It was, I have rolling proof...I wish I could find some substantial information on it. Unfortunately, I received no documentation, or service records with the car.

Comment

I am prone to believe that these are the wheels that came on this car when it was purchased. It also has the M badges, which I am certain were on the car when purchased. Is it possible that the 15 inch wheels were part of the "M sport" package? From what I have read, there really isn't much absolute information on these M-sport cars. Is it possible they were, at least partially, a dealer upgrade? The old gentleman I bought the car from would never have thought to go to a bigger wheel, and the owners before him were obviously not performance minded. I can see the dealer swapping the wheels to a 15 when it was on the showroom floor to go with the M theme. I firmly believe the transmission in this car is the Getrag 265/5 as 5th feels like 1:1 instead of over drive like the 260. The rearend is geared rather low as well.
                            For all of the digging I have done I have not found much solid information on the car. In fact, there is debate as to whether the M-sport was even sold in the U.S.. It was, I have rolling proof...I wish I could find some substantial information on it. Unfortunately, I received no documentation, or service records with the car.
                            Post some pics of your car. I didnt know that Msport was an option in the US, I thought only the Mtech was, but its possible.

Comment

Pictures...

I have several pictures of the car in my profile on here...I dont have access otherwise at the moment.

Comment

I have several pictures of the car in my profile on here...I dont have access otherwise at the moment.
                                If there was an Msport sold in the US that wouldnt be one of them. The M badges on your car are not real, the PO added them.

It looks to me if those 15's came with the car it was a one off option, or the car was from Canada which had other options.

BMW VIN decoder will check your BMW VIN and show you full vehicle specification

Put the last 7 of your VIN in that will help you see your build.

Comment

Working...
                                X