Garry Peterson CanBus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garry Peterson CanBus

I am finally getting around to switching out the Gen 1 Can Bus with Gen 2 version. The Gen 1 version was flaky. When we went to do the pinouts for the new connector I noticed that there are 18 slots in the Gen 2 vs the 12 in Gen 1.

I reached out to Garry, he hasn't responded, not sure if he is on here anymore.

Can anyone else help me understand the pinouts on the new connector, which ones correlate to the 12 on the old one?

Attached Files
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

I wish I could help - and that these were still available, because they would also work for more modern swaps (N52/N54). Pretty sure he's been MIA for a couple years now at least.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Are the V1 box's the Same as V2?

The unit I put on a car worked good for about a year to get the CEL and A.C. working. But then glitched out burning up an HVAC unit and causing idle faults and issues. - E36

I haven't had any luck contacting Garry within the last few years..

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

I wrote up wiring for both: You have Gen 1 in your OP

Gen 2:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	CAN%20CONTROLLER%20WIRING%20GEN2.png?raw=true.png
Views:	359
Size:	296.0 KB
ID:	10054272

Comment

Dont forget to reference the Wiki and writeups in the XDF Swap subfolder/PWM fan wiring

https://github.com/saildot4k/MSS54-X...%20Swap%20XDFs

And wiki, pay attention to the right side selections:
          MSS54 and MSS54HP XDFs . Contribute to saildot4k/MSS54-XDFs development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            I wish I could help - and that these were still available, because they would also work for more modern swaps (N52/N54). Pretty sure he's been MIA for a couple years now at least.
            Nando, I have a connection with someone that was willing to make another controller. He does so for other BMW related stuff, this guy: https://airventdisplay.no/en/
            He had a schematic/prototype and beta software but stopped when I sold my BMW as I could no longer test. As you can see, he has the skills, and I KNOW you know the system better than I as far as software side, probably HW side as well. If you like, I can try to connect you two to come up with another "universal" product.

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
              Dont forget to reference the Wiki and writeups in the XDF Swap subfolder/PWM fan wiring

https://github.com/saildot4k/MSS54-X...%20Swap%20XDFs

And wiki, pay attention to the right side selections:
              https://github.com/saildot4k/MSS54-XDFs/wiki
              I forgot I could just ask you lol. I had the Gen one then I had Gary send me a Gen 2 with the programming the same as the Gen one. The first picture with the white plug is my Gen 1 wiring, the second picture with the black is the gen 2 plug correct. So I should follow your Gen 2 wiring.

Comment

^Yuppers! Good luck. I have helped with ~40? of these installs now, so far the Gen 2 has been the LEAST reliable oddly. I hope your experience differs. I believe you have my number as well if you need to call, otherwise PM me. I rarely jump back here, but alas I still have a passion for the S54 project stuff. Maybe someday a 240z with S54 supercharger swap.....

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                  ^Yuppers! Good luck. I have helped with ~40? of these installs now, so far the Gen 2 has been the LEAST reliable oddly. I hope your experience differs. I believe you have my number as well if you need to call, otherwise PM me. I rarely jump back here, but alas I still have a passion for the S54 project stuff. Maybe someday a 240z with S54 supercharger swap.....
                  Yes I have it I am going to text you.

Comment

Working...
                  X