Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garagistic bumpers - anyone own them?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Garagistic bumpers - anyone own them?

    Posting this here because the cosmetics forum is dead and google yielded no useful results. Has anyone here used the aftermarket stock style plastic bumpers garagisitic sells? How is the fit? I'm not looking for show quality just something that looks better than the shattered plastic I have and will look good enough when I restore the car. I have seen pictures of some aftermarket bumper which was like 3/8" too wide to fit correctly but I have no idea the brand or seller. The last thing I bought from garagistic was terrible (DSSR and ball bearing shift joint). I'm down to looking at these because the OE stock I can find is crazy expensive and shipping the used stuff is iffy since you're trusting the seller to package a giant brittle 30 year old piece of plastic so that it won't break in shipping. The last thing I want is to spend $600 on someone's used bumper set and have them biff the shipping and it shows up in 3 pieces.

    IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, 3L M50 + BW S366 project

    #2
    It's Soda Not Pop has the CAtuned one, looks to be the same unit.

    My 88 SETA - R3VLimited Forums

    Comment


      #3
      yeah it's the same

      88' Seta 2.7i

      https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...430-my-88-seta

      Comment


        #4
        I talk about in member rides.

        https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...430-my-88-seta

        88' Seta 2.7i

        https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...430-my-88-seta

        Comment


          #5
          AFAIK, the Garagistic, CATuned(and Delta Park Auto in Canada), and mr.BodyKitz come from the same source.

          People have pointed out a few differences to OEM but I don't think any of them would be deal breakers.
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

          Comment


            #6
            have not personally ran those bumpers, but that being said, i've never had anything come from Garagtastic that i ever was happy with. their offerings are cool, but the quality of said offerings just isn't there, sadly. YMMV
            Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
            503.967.3800
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

            Comment


              #7
              Thanks guys. My rear bumper is totally trashed, the front is rough, missing some pieces. One concern I had was that maybe the trim pieces might be fixed (one piece replica bumper) or that the front may not have a removable tow hook plug. Unfortunately CAtuned is out of stock on rear bumpers so they’re a no go unless they get them in soon, because garagistic’s shipping is steep, around $120 more than ECS quotes for the OE parts. That narrows the gap a bit but $410 saved is $410 saved so if these fit fine for a driver, and they’re black so I can run them unpainted until I do the restoration, I am fine with minor differences that aren’t apparent from a normal viewing distance.

              IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, 3L M50 + BW S366 project

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by varg View Post
                Thanks guys. My rear bumper is totally trashed, the front is rough, missing some pieces. One concern I had was that maybe the trim pieces might be fixed (one piece replica bumper) or that the front may not have a removable tow hook plug. Unfortunately CAtuned is out of stock on rear bumpers so they’re a no go unless they get them in soon, because garagistic’s shipping is steep, around $120 more than ECS quotes for the OE parts. That narrows the gap a bit but $410 saved is $410 saved so if these fit fine for a driver, and they’re black so I can run them unpainted until I do the restoration, I am fine with minor differences that aren’t apparent from a normal viewing distance.
                They won't win you any car shows. But they are durable and affordable. My car is a driver and not meant to put away to make money. So for me they work pretty good. I have pictures in my Member Rides thread.

                88' Seta 2.7i

                https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...430-my-88-seta

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by e30austin View Post
                  have not personally ran those bumpers, but that being said, i've never had anything come from Garagtastic that i ever was happy with. their offerings are cool, but the quality of said offerings just isn't there, sadly. YMMV
                  I always give feedback for products. Or at least try to. Garagistics has been pretty good to me. They offer quite a bit and they consistently making parts for a old chassis. I have had some not great things come from them before. But they have always made it right.

                  88' Seta 2.7i

                  https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...430-my-88-seta

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I got the full Mtech2 sedan kit minus the wing. I was very happy with the fit and quality when it arrived. I was also very surprised that it wasn't completely mangled as there was basically no packing material in the box. It made it to Ohio basically unscathed regardless so the durability is there. Hope to get the kit painted soon.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by varg View Post
                      garagistic’s shipping is steep,
                      I noticed this as well, it was like $1200 USD to ship their 4dr MT2 kit to Canada. I just cry-laughed and closed the tab.
                      I think it was an error though, because I checked again recently and it was less (like $800 iirc?)
                      To be clear, their shipping has always been pretty expensive.

                      My 4dr lacks a rear valence or bumper, so I've been toying with the idea of doing a replica MT2 kit to hide some of the ugly.

                      Originally posted by priapism
                      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                      Originally posted by shameson
                      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Northern View Post

                        I noticed this as well, it was like $1200 USD to ship their 4dr MT2 kit to Canada. I just cry-laughed and closed the tab.
                        I think it was an error though, because I checked again recently and it was less (like $800 iirc?)
                        To be clear, their shipping has always been pretty expensive.

                        My 4dr lacks a rear valence or bumper, so I've been toying with the idea of doing a replica MT2 kit to hide some of the ugly.
                        there's an mt1 rotting at a local shop. it's beyond restoration. i asked the owner if he was breaking and parting and he wouldn't consider anything but selling whole.
                        kind of a dick actually. he's been known to scam for cars sell some out from under legit owners.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X