Come back to R3V:)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mavrikno13764
    Wrencher
    • Feb 2005
    • 230

    #271
    Never left either, but Ive been a lurker my whole internet life! lol
    Also, my build is not worth posting. Its been 19 years with the M3, and I am still not done.

    Comment

    • Panici
      Moderator
      • Dec 2009
      • 2543

      #272
      Originally posted by mavrikno13764
      Never left either, but Ive been a lurker my whole internet life! lol
      Also, my build is not worth posting. Its been 19 years with the M3, and I am still not done.
      I'd like to see it. Especially if you have film photos from 19 years ago!

      Comment

      • mavrikno13764
        Wrencher
        • Feb 2005
        • 230

        #273
        Lol Film Photos? I guess 2mp sony cybershots arent any better than film cameras!

        All my post and pictures got ruined by Photobucket trying to monetize itself.
        Since then, I have given up on posting pics.

        Comment

        • Panici
          Moderator
          • Dec 2009
          • 2543

          #274
          Originally posted by mavrikno13764
          Lol Film Photos? I guess 2mp sony cybershots arent any better than film cameras!

          All my post and pictures got ruined by Photobucket trying to monetize itself.
          Since then, I have given up on posting pics.
          Ah I had one of those early digital cameras as well. HP with 8mb compactflash.
          Regular film in an SLR looked better though.

          I managed to keep my early digital photos through a series of backups. Did any of yours survive?

          Comment

          • 2mAn
            Señior Mod
            • Aug 2010
            • 20975

            #275
            Originally posted by mavrikno13764
            Lol Film Photos? I guess 2mp sony cybershots arent any better than film cameras!

            All my post and pictures got ruined by Photobucket trying to monetize itself.
            Since then, I have given up on posting pics.
            I moved everything I could salvage over to Flickr, but you can upload here and while a lot of things aren’t functioning great anymore that is something that does! … 5 pic limit per post but whatever… LETS SEE THE M3!!
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1966 Blue Boat
            -1969 Red VW
            -1986 White BMW
            -2006 Green Thing

            Make R3V Great Again -2020

            Comment

            • varg
              Florida Turbo Man
              • May 2014
              • 3423

              #276
              Film is definitely better than early digital. Especially if you kept the negatives.

              IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              '93 RX-7 FD3S, pretty and slow

              Comment

              • mavrikno13764
                Wrencher
                • Feb 2005
                • 230

                #277
                Cant believe this was 5 Years ago!
                But other than removing the stickers, the car hasn't changed much:
                20210328_0928 - Streets Of Willow - 5235-Edit_100 by Brian Villanueva, on Flickr
                20210328_0928 - Streets Of Willow - 5233-Edit-2_100 by Brian Villanueva, on Flickr
                20210328_0928 - Streets Of Willow - 5237-Edit_100 by Brian Villanueva, on Flickr

                Comment

                • mavrikno13764
                  Wrencher
                  • Feb 2005
                  • 230

                  #278
                  I lied, I forgot I got cheap wheels for the streets:
                  Untitled by Brian Villanueva, on Flickr

                  Comment

                  • Stan
                    Mod Crazy
                    • Jul 2019
                    • 779

                    #279
                    I prefer this to FB

                    Comment

                    • 2mAn
                      Señior Mod
                      • Aug 2010
                      • 20975

                      #280
                      Originally posted by mavrikno13764
                      I lied, I forgot I got cheap wheels for the streets:
                      Untitled by Brian Villanueva, on Flickr
                      Where was this at? It reminds me of the old Archies Ice Cream nights haha
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1966 Blue Boat
                      -1969 Red VW
                      -1986 White BMW
                      -2006 Green Thing

                      Make R3V Great Again -2020

                      Comment

                      • mavrikno13764
                        Wrencher
                        • Feb 2005
                        • 230

                        #281
                        I miss Archies, its been a while since I have driven my M3 to LA. This is at Dave's Drip in Santa Barbara / Goleta.

                        Comment

                        • dirty30
                          No R3VLimiter
                          • Jul 2004
                          • 3066

                          #282
                          I've been back more frequently since picking up a vert project only to find the classifieds here have pretty much dried up and everything on ebay is like 25x the cost I used to pay lol

                          It doesn't help I used to manage a BMW parts department and remember when I could open ETK and order literally anything I needed next day, any euro part... anything.

                          Anyways, I'm back semi permanently now. Anyone got a brake reservoir for an 87 and an early style front lip? I smushed mine on my car trailer, long story.

                          Comment

                          • lukeADE335i
                            E30 Fanatic
                            • Apr 2013
                            • 1389

                            #283
                            Yes - parts have got much more expensive than back in the day (although I cashed in with the large parts hoard I had lurking in my shed over the last couple of years - didn't chase crazy prices, just a fair price in the current market to help out some other enthusiasts). Most of the young guys buying parts 'couldn't believe my prices', but if they knew what I'd paid for those parts in the early 2000s they'd cry. One person asked what my M30 swap cost me, and when I said less than $2k including a manual conversion and swapping to a LSD, they nearly fell over.
                            My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

                            Comment

                            • BlackSpeed66
                              Mod Crazy
                              • Apr 2008
                              • 624

                              #284
                              I don’t think I’m an “OG” but I’ve had my car for 18 years now. Going on 10 years with the S52 swap and it runs and drives brilliantly. I’ll be 45 in a few months….. “life” has definitely happened over the past few years…. family health crap, house repair crap, job change crap…. But the e30 keeps truckin on. Really wanna do a 6 speed swap on it now.

                              Still kickin... 220,000 miles as of the trip to Watkins Glen for the Grand Prix Festival last week.

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8553.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	226.1 KB
ID:	10167101
                              Last edited by BlackSpeed66; 09-21-2026, 01:53 PM.
                              -Geno

                              '87 325is (s52'd)
                              '95 525iT
                              '95 Jaguar XJR-6
                              '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
                              '98 Disco 1

                              Comment

                              • dirty30
                                No R3VLimiter
                                • Jul 2004
                                • 3066

                                #285
                                I've never done social media but my girlfriend is kind enough to list things for me here and there. I cannot express how much of a steaming cesspool of buyers and sellers facebook marketplace is. To think I would occasionally rag on people that posted on craigslist is almost laughable now. I don't know anywhere else to list and sell items, there isn't any traffic here but I will anyways. I just don't get what using classifieds has turned in to, from people not willing to just give me their phone number to asking 50 questions or setting up a clear time and place to meet then not even having the decency to let me know they're running and hour and a half behind. Ridiculous. Rant is over.

                                Comment

                                Working...