Come back to R3V:)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • McGyver
    replied
    i could go for chicken with these waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles

    Leave a comment:


  • TobyB
    replied
    Crap. I thought I got real internet points for coming here. Where's the damned waffles??? I brought syrup...

    t
    sweet talker extrordinaire

    Leave a comment:


  • Il Duce
    replied
    Originally posted by McGyver

    You trying to get fake internet points?
    Isn't that why we're all here?

    Leave a comment:


  • McGyver
    replied
    Originally posted by Il Duce
    The emoji reactions are neat for posts- but us non mods (aka plebs) can't see who reacts to our posts.

    Can the mods bless us with this ability? I think it's a setting within vBulletin: "Set "Can See Who Reacted to a Post" to Yes in the Usergroup permissions."
    Also motion to ban Northern for talking shit on M42s.
    You trying to get fake internet points?

    Leave a comment:


  • Il Duce
    replied
    The emoji reactions are neat for posts- but us non mods (aka plebs) can't see who reacts to our posts.

    Can the mods bless us with this ability? I think it's a setting within vBulletin: "Set "Can See Who Reacted to a Post" to Yes in the Usergroup permissions."
    Also motion to ban Northern for talking shit on M42s.

    Leave a comment:


  • Northern
    replied
    I guess that's what I hate about facebook, you just "post" and it gets sent into the machine and then who knows what the fuck happens.

    I think knowing where shit is and being able to visit a few subforums you care about and ignore all the M42 peasants for example

    Leave a comment:


  • rturbo 930
    replied
    I agree. All the popular sites (twitter, FB, reddit, IG, tiktok, etc.) have one big feed, no subforums, and I browse exclusively by the new posts feed anyway, which is effectively the same thing. We could definitely consolidate quite a bit. Making the new topics feed the landing page is also a good idea, and probably the easiest and simplest way of doing it. The one nice thing about having things separate is when you want to look something up in the archive, but for general browsing it sucks.

    Leave a comment:


  • muppetman342
    replied
    I think that would help discoverability for reading, but it doesn't solve discoverability for posting. I think people like Facebook because you can just "post".

    Here I have to wonder if my engine question that maybe talks about an M20, but isn't specific to it, goes into "Engine & Drivetrain/M20", just "Engine & Drivetrain", but wait my questions kind of general maybe I'll just put it there.

    IMO the forums are too granular and it makes it a pain to use. If we had a ton of content, sure it could be justified, but we don't.

    Leave a comment:


  • roguetoaster
    replied
    It would probably be more effective to change the main landing page of the site to new topics instead of a forum overview.

    Leave a comment:


  • muppetman342
    replied
    Real talk. Can we consolidate some of the sub forums here? So many of them are inactive, which creates the sense the whole forum is inactive. Then you post in the "correct" sub forum, but no one looks there, and it actually lives up to being inactive.

    We don't have enough content to justify the 9000 sub forums we have.

    nam3forum does a good job here, for each generation they've got: main, for sale, and like one other sub forum.

    Leave a comment:


  • McGyver
    replied
    Originally posted by TobyB

    Not all change is an improvement, youngster.

    t
    get off my lawn

    ahhhh, but it's inevitable

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    You're preaching to the choir

    Leave a comment:


  • TobyB
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy

    times are changing grandpa
    Not all change is an improvement, youngster.

    t
    get off my lawn

    Leave a comment:


  • jrobie79
    replied
    still here. doesn't seem like you can make a general discussion post on the FB group anymore, just classified ads. hopefully that drives more people here 🤘🤘


    Click image for larger version

Name:	hetre.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	10156527

    Leave a comment:

Working...