Need the help of R3V - Amputee Driving a Clutch

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pantless Spency
    replied
    Originally posted by LJ851
    I figured that would put your skirt in a bunch.
    not at all :P i'd just love to point out the obvious haha.

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    Originally posted by Pantless Spency
    thad be me sir.
    I figured that would put your skirt in a bunch.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pantless Spency
    replied
    Originally posted by LJ851
    You wouldn't be the only r3v member with no pants.
    thad be me sir.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    I see what you did there

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    Originally posted by 5Toes
    That would be MONEY though. Besides it has no real advantage. And I can only switch legs with either shorts or no pants. lol
    You wouldn't be the only r3v member with no pants.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Yup.

    Well first gotta find an E30 with a normal clutch and make 100% certain I can power it.

    Leave a comment:


  • woodisgood
    replied
    Do it then, you seem determined and bright enough to make it work. You know you body better than anyone else.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Thats why I like the pedal changing idea.

    IT IS SIMPLE

    Ill say it again... IT IS SIMPLE.

    No hydraulics.
    Ne electronics.
    Just mechanics

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Picture of it blowing up? No. Lol also before that indoors, I later moved outdoors after this happened.

    I accidentally let the leads touch and sparks all flew. Lol

    Leave a comment:


  • woodisgood
    replied
    Originally posted by 5Toes
    Oh I just built a simple solenoid valve. Well not a fully functioning valve but I get the idea.

    haha I took .5" PVC and wrapped solder around it. Well 12V 2 amps seered off the solder lol. So I took like 5 wraps of copper wire. Like 18 guage bare wire. It wasnt enough for a strong magnet but it held my steel bolt up fine.

    And the battery charger kept turning it self on and off, guess it was not used to such low resistance.

    Dream system would be a solenoid valve hooked up to like 80psi of air. Have button for it on shifter, then just hold button and shift.

    LIGHTNING FAST
    You got a picture of this^^^^lol, just curious.

    You seem like a really smart kid, I think people are giving you some good advice here, don't re-invent the wheel. At least not your first time out. If you really have to have a manual car, go with a tried and true method. Once you find the limitations of that method, improve upon it or re-invent it to meet your specific needs.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Oh I just built a simple solenoid valve. Well not a fully functioning valve but I get the idea.

    haha I took .5" PVC and wrapped solder around it. Well 12V 2 amps seered off the solder lol. So I took like 5 wraps of copper wire. Like 18 guage bare wire. It wasnt enough for a strong magnet but it held my steel bolt up fine.

    And the battery charger kept turning it self on and off, guess it was not used to such low resistance.

    Dream system would be a solenoid valve hooked up to like 80psi of air. Have button for it on shifter, then just hold button and shift.

    LIGHTNING FAST

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by fiftytakedowns
    I say you should make a prosthetic leg to attach to the clutch pedal, and use what you got to slip into that. no need for pullets ETC. just bolt it to the pedal.
    That would be MONEY though. Besides it has no real advantage. And I can only switch legs with either shorts or no pants. lol

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by Vtec?lol
    use a clutch line from any 1000cc and above bike, convert your hydraulic clutch to a standard line and use the clutch lever and line from the bike and weld it to your shifter. depending on how you mount the cable will adjust your leverage. problem solved? no? need more leverage? do you know how cranes work? try fabbing up a pulley system. it can be done, just use quality cable, pulleys, and fab skills. can be done in a weekend. If nobody has an idea of wtf I'm talking about, google pulley systems and if you still can't figure I'll draw it.
    so drop hydauics an use mechanical line? Hmm seems even easier!

    Leave a comment:


  • fiftytakedowns
    replied
    I say you should make a prosthetic leg to attach to the clutch pedal, and use what you got to slip into that. no need for pullets ETC. just bolt it to the pedal.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vtec?lol
    replied
    use a clutch line from any 1000cc and above bike, convert your hydraulic clutch to a standard line and use the clutch lever and line from the bike and weld it to your shifter. depending on how you mount the cable will adjust your leverage. problem solved? no? need more leverage? do you know how cranes work? try fabbing up a pulley system. it can be done, just use quality cable, pulleys, and fab skills. can be done in a weekend. If nobody has an idea of wtf I'm talking about, google pulley systems and if you still can't figure I'll draw it.

    Leave a comment:

Working...