Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m sad to say I have missed the opportunity for the white 91. Only options now waiting, or maybe looking at the 88 that stalls out.

Comment

Interesting. Don't see clean E23's everyday.

1985 E23 BMW 735i OEM+ CLEAN TITLE PRIVATE SALE - $5999 (Tampa)

Private Sale!
      This car is very unique and a truly one of a kind example of the E23 735i.

An OEM plus look has been the goal of this vehicle, maintaining luxury, performance, and styling always.
      The e23 7 series was produced from 1977 to 1987, with this model being one of the later ones produced and sent to the United States.

Vehicle was family owned for the majority of its life, later sold to a local BMW technician that helped install most of the swapped items, oversaw the paint job & made this car his daily driver for himself and his family.

Parts from a low mileage 745i turbo car were swapped into the interior/some aesthetic components. Dash cluster reads 93,000 miles as it was put in from this vehicle. The accurate mileage is just over 150,000.

Recent service included a complete fluid flush of the engine and brake system along with a complete vehicle inspection by BMW certified technicians to ensure no further essential components needed attention.

Recently professionally fully detailed, including a ceramic coating that includes a 5-yr warranty on defects.

*Original color Burgundrot metallic, painted Black Mica Cherry in bare metal paintwork (all door frames/hatches, trunk liner, frame of vehicle: see pictures for more info)

*No signs of major rust on this vehicle, spot rust can be seen in some very small paint chips as seen in picture.

-Original key in hand
      -Original 3.5L Inline 6 M30 engine with automatic 4speed gearbox including mode control functions. Engine runs and drives very strong.
      -OEM Euro bumpers front/rear complete with Euro spec headlamps.
      -New upholstered rear seats and front e30 seats. Has electric plug in from original electric seats ready to for original seats if preferred.
      -Recently serviced with over 3k in receipts personally, rust prevention applied in prone areas of the vehicle.
      -Leather door cars are in excellent condition. Alcantara/suede trim pieces were done to replace the damaged original wood.
      -BBS Style 5 17" wheels with two new rear tires.
      -New KYB struts and Eibach sport lowering springs along with new --OEM tie rods, center links.
      -Complete rear subframe has been detailed and reassembled with new bushings and mounts.
      -Posi rear diff with new axles.
      -Newer brake pads front and rear, brake fluids flushed and replaced.
      -Newer windshield and gasket.
      -Entire fuel system overhaul (pumps, sock, lines, pick up and inline pumps, dipped fuel tank)
      -New ANSA Catback exhaust with Silverline Tips (not pictured can send at request.
      -Power windows, sunroof, and antenna work.
      -On-board system checks, lighting and overall majority of electronics work as they should. Horn, windows, sunroof all work properly.
      -Small, minimal cracks seen in dash as it is the original one.

Some things to note:
      -Small hole in catalytic converter that makes the exhaust sound rough and loud.
      -Headliner installation needs to be completed. I have a headliner from an identical e23 735i that can be used or as a model for the new one, metal pieces included.
      -AC has compression, blows and shows no signs of failure just needs to be converted/upgraded to R-134a to work 100%.
      -Front speakers need to be reconnected to the panels inside the vehicle (speakers pictured)
      -Front driver fender has a visible dent/imperfection (see pictures for greater detail)
      -The onboard trip computer (avg mpg/range/timer functions) are hard to see and speedometer and heat sensor do not work properly. Car will sit or drive for hours without overheating

*Vehicle has been registered/insured throughout my ownership, garage kept always.

*Carfax and some receipts included in pictures, willing to answer questions/send more pictures to serious buyers. $5999 OBO. Text/Email please.
      R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
      └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

A guy in my neighborhood had an alpina e23 with a 5 speed back in the 80’s. It was dark blue and he let me drive it a few times, what a car. This guy also had shark and his wife drove a 2002tii that was immaculate.
        My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
        I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

dang, that ol 7 is nice

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post

-The onboard trip computer (avg mpg/range/timer functions) are hard to see and speedometer and heat sensor do not work properly. Car will sit or drive for hours without overheating
            [/I]
            So unclear with that last sentence. Does the engine heat sensor not work, leaving smoke as your only signal before catastrophic conflagration?

Huh. Could be really good.

Current Bimmers:
            1991 525i, lagungrun
            1991 318i M54B30 swapped, brilliantrot
            1991 318i S52 swapped, diamantschwarz
            1991 Bertone FreeClimber (with 2.7i M20B27 engine)
            1989 325is, bronzit
            1982 320i M50B25 swapped, alpinweiss
            1981 320i, saphirblau
            1976 2002, mintgrun

"Murderbrick" 1991 318i M54B30 swap

Comment

Originally posted by Gentlejackjones View Post
              So unclear with that last sentence. Does the engine heat sensor not work, leaving smoke as your only signal before catastrophic conflagration?

Huh. Could be really good.
              I can attempt to de-idiotize that statement:

The OBC backlight is dim, so you can't really see the info displayed.
              The speedo doesn't work.
              The engine temp gauge doesn't work.
              The doesn't overheat, whether sitting still or driving at speed.

My Conclusion: It needs new SI batteries and an OBC bulb.
              R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
              └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

This sold on BAT for 10k June 2017

Super Clean low mileage e30 - $13000

Up for sale is my beloved e30. I have spent a lot of time and money getting it up to almost perfect order, but unfortunately I need to sell it. Originally sold from bringatrailer, here is the link. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-bmw-325is-11/

Upon receiving the car, I updated the few things that didnt look/work right.

- Swapped in tan sports vinyl interior (great shape and looks tons better than the restored leather pictured on BAT)
                - Swapped out worn suspension with Bilstein Sports, H&R Sport springs, UUC Sway bars, UUC Big Brake kit (have original calipers as well), braided stainless brake lines, CAB bushings, tie rods, control arms.
                - Swapped stock muffler for full cat back Stainless Stromung Exhaust (sounds incredible)
                - Swapped basketweaves for Alpina replica wheels with new rubber
                - Installed G.A.S's highly regarded stealth subwoofer enclosure in the trunk with amplifier (correctly wired and sounds amazing)
                - Installed new BMW brand windshield
                - Installed new sunroof gasket
                - Installed new door bumper trim on all sides
                - Replaced floor mats with color matched Coco Mats
                - Just did oil and filter change (50 miles ago) Doesnt burn oil, no oil leaks.

Cons
                Grounding issue has a low whine in speakers. Need to check ground wire to motor.
                Still need to replace drivers side CAB, just got busy but will be done and will eliminate braking shimmy
                Scratch shown in BAT ad has not been addressed, not a huge deal but full disclosure
                Front spoiler lip needs to be refinished
                Rear plastic bumper has a small crack in it.

Will get more details up as I am able to but needed to get this up and get things going.

Asking for $13,000 obo. Can also include all my collected spare parts over the years, which is quite a bit.

Comment

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/...510789476.html

First person with how much I want for it or close to it can get the keys and papers asap. The electrical system works perfectly and I got a new battery and it starts up, the car could still use some work but I don't have the time to do it. So best offer gets it.
                  do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

well, the wheels are pretty decent.
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
                      I can attempt to de-idiotize that statement:

The OBC backlight is dim, so you can't really see the info displayed.
                      The speedo doesn't work.
                      The engine temp gauge doesn't work.
                      The doesn't overheat, whether sitting still or driving at speed.

My Conclusion: It needs new SI batteries and an OBC bulb.
                      Ah. Lol yes I think you may have decoded this!

Current Bimmers:
                      1991 525i, lagungrun
                      1991 318i M54B30 swapped, brilliantrot
                      1991 318i S52 swapped, diamantschwarz
                      1991 Bertone FreeClimber (with 2.7i M20B27 engine)
                      1989 325is, bronzit
                      1982 320i M50B25 swapped, alpinweiss
                      1981 320i, saphirblau
                      1976 2002, mintgrun

"Murderbrick" 1991 318i M54B30 swap

Comment

That guy has a nice finger.

I learned something new today. I never knew they made a convertible with an ETA in it.
                        My previous build (currently E30-less)
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

is that a euro option? I never heard of that either

Comment

Do I just not know what I am looking at? Or does this seem to be about triple what the price should be, or at least double?

That green sure is pretty though...

Comment

Ugly ass hubcaps

Comment

Wal-mart hubcaps on a "RARE" vintage car :loco:

IG @turbovarg
                                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                                [CoTM: 4-18]
                                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                                - updated 3-17

Comment

Working...
                                X