Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$20k for the doors?

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
    Of all the cars to blow 80 g's on the Z1 has to be one of my least favorite. I get that it's unique but that doesn't really make it special IMO. It's ugly as shit and for a lot less you could get an S54 clownshoe.
    Maybe the low ask on this Z1 is due to the fact that the doors are a $20k option? ;-)

Comment

This one is intriguing. I wonder how the swap went.

Current Bimmers:
      1991 525i, lagungrun
      1991 318i M54B30 swapped, brilliantrot
      1991 318i S52 swapped, diamantschwarz
      1991 Bertone FreeClimber (with 2.7i M20B27 engine)
      1989 325is, bronzit
      1982 320i M50B25 swapped, alpinweiss
      1981 320i, saphirblau
      1976 2002, mintgrun

"Murderbrick" 1991 318i M54B30 swap

Comment

Originally posted by Gentlejackjones View Post
        https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/c...531391423.html

This one is intriguing. I wonder how the swap went.
        Awesome or awful?

Current Bimmers:
        1991 525i, lagungrun
        1989 325is, bronzit
        1981 320i, saphirblau
        1976 2002, mintgrun

Comment

Originally posted by Gentlejackjones View Post
          Deleted, now we will never know............
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Time for this reminder again...

Originally posted by ak- View Post
            I don't know why anyone would post a CL link telling everyone "OMG LOOK", when it will only expire in a couple days give or take. Copy the damn picture and description if you're trying to make a point whether stupid or informative.
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
              Time for this reminder again...
              Mea culpa, guys. Sorry, noob mistake. Happy Friday!

Current Bimmers:
              1991 525i, lagungrun
              1989 325is, bronzit
              1981 320i, saphirblau
              1976 2002, mintgrun

Comment

For posterity. Learning!

1991 BMW 318is (E30) 5 speed with M52 Swap - $5000

1991 bmw 318is
                cylinders: 6 cylinders
                drive: rwd
                fuel: gas
                paint color: white
                title status: clean
                transmission: manual
                type: coupe
                I bought this car a couple years ago and worked on it for the first year. I will list everything I did to it below. I have not been able to drive this car but a few hundred miles. It has an M52 engine swap with a ZF transmission from an e36. The previous owner did the engine swap and it has run strong for me ever since. It was meant to be a fun weekend/track car but I have never taken it to the track. The interior is stripped with racing seats and harnesses.

The Good:
                - M52 and ZF transmission
                - *Ground Control suspension ($2300). I can provide more information about spring rates if needed
                - *UUC Sway Bars
                - *TRMotorsport C1 15x8 wheels with star spec tires ($1100)
                - *UUC Short Shift kit
                - *Rebuilt brakes with new stoptech pads and SS brake lines
                - *Poly Bushing everywhere
                - *Camber and Toe adjustment tabs on rear subframe
                - *All front and rear wheel bearings
                - *Rebuilt Rear drive axles
                - *Resealed 2.93 LSD

Everything with an * only has 200-300 miles on it so it is basically brand new.

The Bad:
                - Interior Stripped
                - Body needs work. Again, basically no rust but the previous owner repainted and could have done a better job.
                - No power steering or AC. Heat still works.
                - Needs alignment. I installed the camber and toe tabs so the car could be aligned properly but never got around to it
                - There is no exhaust on the car currently. It is just open headers.

I'm sure there is more that I'm forgetting but I will add as I remember. Basically, the car is set up to be a perfectly performing car but unfortunately I was unable to finish the work due to my time constraints and lack of a garage. I will not part the car out.
                do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Last edited by Gentlejackjones; 03-23-2018, 08:49 AM. Reason: more pics

Current Bimmers:
                1991 525i, lagungrun
                1989 325is, bronzit
                1981 320i, saphirblau
                1976 2002, mintgrun

Comment

Haha found it on another listing site!!

1980 BMW 3-Series description
                  For sale is a used manual Euro 1986/1987 BMW 324D (12/1986 manufacture date). This is one of the first years the that most famous classic model BMW made, the E30, was made with a diesel engine. It has the BMW M21 diesel engine (this is not the turbo engine). If you Google best diesel engines and do your research, this will come up as one of the best. We imported the car from Europe and are the third owners. The first was a lady in Germany, and the second was a couple in the Netherlands. Because this car was imported, Ebay does not recognize the VIN. The car has approximately 167,518 kilos as of this listing. That is approximately 104,090 miles! For a diesel that is a baby. The car is my daily driver. I only drive 12 miles each way to work. The car starts perfectly and there is never a concern with any problems. It gets about 33 or 34 miles per gallon. The only reason we are selling it is because we are moving to a place with a dirt road. I have a clear Georgia title in hand!
                  The Good: -My good friend is a mechanic and went through this car when we received it. All of the fluids (trans, oil and brake) were changed, new front rotors, the rear rotors were turned, new brake pads for front and back, new glow plugs, and a new fuel filter. -A lifetime Mishimoto radiator was installed, a new thermostat was installed, a new fan, new fan clutch, new water pump, new Garagistic shift bushings, and new K&N lifetime air filter. -Original BMW Style 10 rims with tires in excellent condition. I had the rims refinished about a year ago. I also have the original bottle cap rims with tires in really good condition that I will include. -The interior is in excellent and original condition except for a center console with cup holders. When I first got the car I put seat covers on to protect the original interior. So the seat cover on the driver side is a little worn, but I tried to get a picture under the seat covers to show the good condition of the original seats. I also put all weather mats in to protect the floors. -The sunroof works perfectly and does not leak.
                  The Bad -The car is over 30 years old and has some minor issues with some small spots on the body that need to be treated. I think the clear coat may have worn as it is hard to get stains from leaves off. Nothing major. I had planned to take it to Maaco to refresh it, take care of the small spots, and get a new clear coat but never got to it. -This a Euro car. It does not have air conditioning. -When the car is cold the brake light comes on. When it warms up the light goes off. Research shows that this is a common problem and has to do with the solder on the connection. I have never had the time to do this project. But there is a youtube video that walks you through this if that is a problem for you. -The lower seat heater and the power antennae do not work. I had replaced the antennae when i first got the car but those things don't hold up for long.-Parts can be challenging to get but I have a c.d. that dealers use. You put in the VIN and it gives you the part numbers. This helps find parts easier. Some parts are available in the U.S. because of the Amercian available 524TD. It used the same engine. But others have to be found on Ebay or searching the internet and most of the time come from England or Germany.
                  Please email any questions. No Shipping is available. You must make arrangements to pick the vehicle up in Saint Marys, Georgia. The listed price is my lowest acceptable price. Thanks for looking.

Current Bimmers:
                  1991 525i, lagungrun
                  1989 325is, bronzit
                  1981 320i, saphirblau
                  1976 2002, mintgrun

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                    Deleted, now we will never know............
                    It was that same white 324D grey market car full of rust in Maryland.

For $4K I don't think it is all that great. Not the worst, ugly wheels, junk seat covers and lots of rust. Euro bumpers though. Been for sale for quite a while.

For $3.5K or less it would be a decent slow daily for a college kid.
                    sigpic
                    Gun control means using both hands
                    Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

Presents well. Needs a little bit more to be 100%. I wonder what all has been done mechanically. Need interior pics.

1987 bmw 325is - $6500

Up for sale is my 1987 bmw 325is 5 speed manual it's my unfinished project it's all together just needs the minor details like interior and exterior trim for it to be complete has 140k miles runs and drives perfect new window gaskets and lock stripes were installed when painted since I owned it I've replaced both fuel pumps thermostat and housing shocks all around (bilstein) items I have in a box to install are guibo center support bearing and shifter rebuild kit from pelican parts. I bought this car as a project and it is not registered but I'm pretty sure it will pass smog call or txt me for more information I'm asking 6500 obo price is negotiable if you bring cash. I do not need help selling my car thank you have a good day !
                      Last edited by Aleman; 03-28-2018, 01:17 PM.
                      R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                      └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

There were two (2) periods in that entire paragraph.
                        Originally posted by kronus
                        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
                          These come up on CL every once in a blue moon. They're usually listed at $100K or more, so this is a damn steal! LOL

Bmw Z1 with 10k miles rare never sold in the U.S import - $79000

1990 Bmw Z1 imported from a museum all documented 10k miles cheapest with lowest miles on the market . Car is located in Cambridge mass and can be seen by appointment.
                          Sometimes rarity shouldn't increase value

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          [CoTM: 4-18]
                          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                          - updated 3-17

Comment

cheap, probably more rust than meets the eye slicctop

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rtaq View Post
                              cheap, probably more rust than meets the eye slicctop

https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/...541930720.html
                              Something doesn’t add up... gear shift knob has 6 speeds, car listed as a 5-speed, all original. And what happened to the “318is” badging?

Current Bimmers:
                              1991 525i, lagungrun
                              1989 325is, bronzit
                              1981 320i, saphirblau
                              1976 2002, mintgrun

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                                Sometimes rarity shouldn't increase value
                                Swap it.
                                ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Working...