Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UlrichFennec View Post
    Can't see why.

Pfffffffft...I think the ad says enough that the owner is a Grade A dingleberry.
    U b all using my words up in 'der!
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

What's your guys take on this one? http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-BMW-3-S...JZCgz0&vxp=mtr

Comment

Originally posted by mkmcde View Post
        This looks great at a quick glance.

If this is the type of E30 you're looking for I would place a bid. Probably wouldn't bid over 6k though.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Looks good to me, and that is a great year for the E30. If its really that clean the price is right.
          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

This sold for 7k a couple weeks ago on Ebay. I'm assuming the high bidder backed out when it came time to pay the piper....classic Ebay move

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
              This sold for 7k a couple weeks ago on Ebay. I'm assuming the high bidder backed out when it came time to pay the piper....classic Ebay move
              Hmm that's within my price range. Looking for my first E30. Just sucks that I can't get out to LA to drive it.

Comment

Hmm that's within my price range. Looking for my first E30. Just sucks that I can't get out to LA to drive it.
                Are you planning to ship it back or road trip that beast?

Comment

Road trip it man! Always a good time.

I will echo what was said above, 89 is my favorite year of E30's. Late model body style without the airbag stuff, and pop out windows. Does not get better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
                    Are you planning to ship it back or road trip that beast?
                    I'd like to road trip it back to NY on a fun route. I bought my Jeep Wrangler TJ in California and drove it back through the upper US.

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

I will echo what was said above, 89 is my favorite year of E30's. Late model body style without the airbag stuff, and pop out windows. Does not get better than that.
                      Thats a far road trip from NY lol!

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

Can you elaborate? Noob here. No airbags in the steering wheel? Pop out rear windows? What else?
                        F80 ///M3 CS
                        i3 REx LCI
                        Previous: F80 M3 • I01 i3 REx • F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250

Comment

Originally posted by jmg View Post
                          Can you elaborate? Noob here. No airbags in the steering wheel? Pop out rear windows? What else?
                          The 89 was an in between car, it got the best of both worlds.

The old E30's had pop out rear vent windows. Many people find them desirable, the late E30's had fixed windows.

The 89 had updated plastic bumpers so it got rid of the metal diving boards. Which all of the later E30's had, but starting in 90 the cars had airbag steering wheel. Since they were gen 1 full force airbags (and now really old) many people dont want them, also the steering wheel is not as cool. Also with the airbag cars it makes it a bit more difficult to do things like steering rack updates etc, not impossible just more steps.

I think late 88 was the perfect year because they also included ellipsoid headlights just that one year (I think some 89's had them too but then it switched to regular reflectors).

I have an Airbag car, I removed the airbag and the computer for it, changed the wiper and blinker stalks to non airbag and the overhead lights to remove the airbag light. Then put in the Mtech steering wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by jmg View Post
                            My last E30 was highly modified and it was a 91, so I don't know exactly, but hopefully someone with a bit more experience can chime in.

The lack of all airbag related stuff is desirable to me (no sensors or wires in engine bay, early model 1 piece knee bolster, no airbag computer inside the dash).

89 still features the rear pop out windows that were commonplace on all early model E30's, but that they removed in 1990.

That's all of the differences that I can recall between the 1989 model and the 1990 model. But like I said, hopefully someone with a bit more experience in this particular area can chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                              The 89 was an in between car, it got the best of both worlds.

The old E30's had pop out rear vent windows. Many people find them desirable, the late E30's had fixed windows.

The 89 had updated plastic bumpers so it got rid of the metal diving boards. Which all of the later E30's had, but starting in 90 the cars had airbag steering wheel. Since they were gen 1 full force airbags (and now really old) many people dont want them, also the steering wheel is not as cool. Also with the airbag cars it makes it a bit more difficult to do things like steering rack updates etc, not impossible just more steps.

I think late 88 was the perfect year because they also included ellipsoid headlights just that one year (I think some 89's had them too but then it switched to regular reflectors).

I have an Airbag car, I removed the airbag and the computer for it, changed the wiper and blinker stalks to non airbag and the overhead lights to remove the airbag light. Then put in the Mtech steering wheel.

Thanks for the clarification. That's a nice looking wheel BTW!
                              F80 ///M3 CS
                              i3 REx LCI
                              Previous: F80 M3 • I01 i3 REx • F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250

Comment

Any ideas on this one?

Comment

Working...
                                X