Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
    my local junk yard has a 90 calypso cabriolet with a good pass fender and door.

thats a pretty damn good ad considering it was written by an old lady. as nice as the car was, i don't think they will see 3500. even 2 grand seems like a stretch. i wish she would have posted pix of that quarter panel damage.
    It looks like the damage was centered on the fender and door. I doubt the rear quarter saw much, it looks like it digs in and then out by the time the door ends. I bet it's a little bondo filling and paint. The taillight or trunk doesn't look touched. I emailed them and told them to fix it. You can buy the fender and door on ebay and have them mailed to you. That's fixable for $1500. They won't get $3500 and you can't get a convertible that nice for $5000. It's not worth it for them to sell.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
      thats a pretty damn good ad considering it was written by an old lady.
      I was impressed she included the photo of the confirmed kill..

Don't mess with grandma.
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
        I was impressed she included the photo of the confirmed kill..

Don't mess with grandma.
        Two kills. Best part of the ad. I agree that it would have been ideal for her to have included pictures of the rear right quarter. Door and fender are easy enough to replace altogether. Rear quarter panel not so much.
        sigpic
        Gun control means using both hands
        Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

Does this have an MTech 1 bodykit?

BMW 325is 1987 - $3999 129k miles

For those BMW lovers I have red BMW 325is 1987 as part of my project as hobby but I'm too busy and no time to finished , now is time to sell it and be part of somebody dreams the car is decent condition .
          R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
          └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
            Does this have an MTech 1 bodykit?

BMW 325is 1987 - $3999 129k miles

For those BMW lovers I have red BMW 325is 1987 as part of my project as hobby but I'm too busy and no time to finished , now is time to sell it and be part of somebody dreams the car is decent condition .
            Looks like its an early model that had a bumper face lift and they used an Mtech II kit. Can't tell if its an OEM kit or aftermarket, the wire mesh behind the front valence in the fog light spot leads to think it might be a replica kit, but the fit on those door pods looks dead on so who knows.
            1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
            1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
            September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
            Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Definitely Mtech 2.

Could be a great deal.
              My previous build (currently E30-less)
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

So I live in San Diego but sometimes browse NorCal Craigslists to see prices, etc.

I hit up this guy, got some info on the PNO and why it can't pass Smog. Seems like an honest guy, so I was hoping to go see the car tomorrow, if it hasn't sold.

But then i saw this 5 minutes ago.

It's the same car right?

You think it's the same owner, or there might some sketchiness going on?

Comment

Looks the same to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  1990 BMW 325i Sedan
                  Mods:
                  -Condor Poly CABs

Comment

I bet its the same owner, simply posting the ad, although not very well, in a different clist location to get more exposure. I have noticed this with other E30's I have looked in to.

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                      I bet its the same owner, simply posting the ad, although not very well, in a different clist location to get more exposure. I have noticed this with other E30's I have looked in to.
                      what i find weird is that when i asked for more pics from the guy from LA he said he couldn't get many pics because the car was stored, seems pretty abandoned from the pics in the monterey ad.

What do you guys think of this deal though? Scores high on almost all Smog tests, the ecu blew rich through the high flow cat, seems like with a new cat and replaces o2 censors it should pass. He said no rust as far as he knows and the interior is a 5/10. I think for a bit less it could be a decent base for a project. The aftermarket heads are scaring me off though.

Comment

https://westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/6176334878.html

wowza

Comment

Originally posted by Musij View Post
                          what i find weird is that when i asked for more pics from the guy from LA he said he couldn't get many pics because the car was stored, seems pretty abandoned from the pics in the monterey ad.

What do you guys think of this deal though? Scores high on almost all Smog tests, the ecu blew rich through the high flow cat, seems like with a new cat and replaces o2 censors it should pass. He said no rust as far as he knows and the interior is a 5/10. I think for a bit less it could be a decent base for a project. The aftermarket heads are scaring me off though.
                          I have learned that some people selling cars are just plain weird/lazy/unmotivated/easily annoyed sometimes. Not always, but sometimes.

Here's what I do. If I find a car that I want to buy, but it has some issues, I figure out the price that makes sense to me. Then I lowball the seller, explaining the issues I see politely, and see if they bite. Usually doesn't work. But I have picked up cars for dirt cheap through this strategy.

It makes things like an aftermarket head, or a sketchy clist ad, or high emissions numbers worth the risk, to me.

You've been looking for an E30 for a while. Figure out a purchase price number that you are comfortable with, stick to it, and treat the acquisition of the car like a business deal. If it works and you buy it, ditch the business model and have fun with the car.

Comment

I'd try to find out the VIN number.

That Brilliantrot rust bucket 318is is floating around out there somewhere. Low mileage, but spent time on the Cali northern coast and is swiss cheese with rust. There's a separate thread around here somewhere with the VIN.

Any of these that come up now, I am suspect of unless I see the VIN to think otherwise.
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                              I'd try to find out the VIN number.

That Brilliantrot rust bucket 318is is floating around out there somewhere. Low mileage, but spent time on the Cali northern coast and is swiss cheese with rust. There's a separate thread around here somewhere with the VIN.

Any of these that come up now, I am suspect of unless I see the VIN to think otherwise.
                              Excellent point.

I'll email requesting the vin.

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                                I have learned that some people selling cars are just plain weird/lazy/unmotivated/easily annoyed sometimes. Not always, but sometimes.

Here's what I do. If I find a car that I want to buy, but it has some issues, I figure out the price that makes sense to me. Then I lowball the seller, explaining the issues I see politely, and see if they bite. Usually doesn't work. But I have picked up cars for dirt cheap through this strategy.

It makes things like an aftermarket head, or a sketchy clist ad, or high emissions numbers worth the risk, to me.

You've been looking for an E30 for a while. Figure out a purchase price number that you are comfortable with, stick to it, and treat the acquisition of the car like a business deal. If it works and you buy it, ditch the business model and have fun with the car.
                                That's really good advice! Thanks man! One question, do you do this before meeting in person or once you see the car in person already?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X