Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever sell your E30 for an E46 M3? Are you happy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
    so you want a hartge h50?
    yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
    08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
    318iS, slow build/garage queen...
    '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
    Originally posted by roguetoaster
    Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
      Sweet freak of Mozambique! you'd drive that thing across country?!?!?

I'd much rather get a comfier, newer BMW for such an adventure.
      Sure would! I love my e30 and I love taking it on road trips. My 135i is probably more comfortable but I am more worried about something going wrong on it over a simple e30.
      1990 325i 5spd
      09 135i 6spd m-sport package

Comment

135i is an awesome car, but my friend had waaay to many issues with his/girlfriends 135i for me to jump on that boat. 128i would be killer.
        Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
        A Topless Memorandum

Comment

I would just put an s54 in an e30 touring and live happily ever after.
          It's not bad paint, it's called "patina"

Comment

Originally posted by shedby_budwin View Post
            I would just put an s54 in an e30 touring and live happily ever after.
            That would probably cost more than an E46 M3 too.

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 3-17

Comment

I sold my e46 m3 for my e30 m3. Those reasons were mainly due to market differences. I do however miss how solid, direct, and quick my e46 m3 was. It was very comfortable, yet quick and planted through turns. Plus it looked and sounded great. The e46 m3 is a great car, in different ways than the e30.
              Current:
              1989 325i
              1988 M3
              1987 325ic
              Past:
              2001 330ci
              2001 M3

Comment

When I drive my gf's brand new Jetta I'm amazed at how quiet and smooth they've made it possible for cars to be. My bmw sounds like it has 20 tool boxes in the back seat, all clangin and bangin around with every bump. But while her car is an armchair, my bmw is a better drive, even though it's cold and the steering isn't perfect and the suspension is completely gone. So would I sell my car for a newer one? The only reason would be to get something more comfortable, but this car already drives like getting into bed after a long day at work, so I don't see any reason to get rid of it

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

I would prefer an e36 or e46 as a DD but I definitely wouldn't get rid of my e30 in favor of either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Funny this thread pops up. I've been considering trading my car for a 6-speed ZHP if I can find someone else interested. I think the only other car I'd trade for is an E34 M5 but I need to think practicality first.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
                    '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
                    '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
                    '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

Let's put it this way. I own a mint 2003 6sp AW M3. I love it, drives great, super fast, handles amazing, turns heads, etc. However, I occasionally think about selling it.

Regarding my E30, I would never sell it.

I enjoy driving my e30 just as much as my M3.
                      Owner - Bavarian Restoration
                      BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
                      www.BavRest.com
                      My Feedback Thread
                      Our Facebook!
                      Follow our Instagram!

Comment

The only reason i would give up my e30 or e30's is for a e30 m3 or a muscle car. A e46 m3 does nothing for me.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

One of my best friends has an e46 330 ZHP, I get to drive it when ever I want. I never drive it because I prefer driving my e30. Sure the e46 is faster, has bigger wheels, and some fancy electronics...still prefer the feel of the e30 on the street. They both look good and perform good. At the end of the day do what will make you happy. If I were you id try to hold onto the e30 and have both. With the crazy asking price on e30's it may be hard for you to get back into one down the road. An e46 will never be a classic imo.
                          sigpic
                          Rescued 1986 325e Coupe
                          1988 325ix Touring 5spd currently being rescued
                          Ottawa, Ontario, Canada :finger:

Comment

I want to own a e46 330i in the future, but don't want to sell my e30.

Comment

Originally posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
                              Hey gents, I was just looking to see who has sold their e30 in pursuit of another car, and how you ended up feeling about your decision!
                              I have an m50 turbo 89 325is and I am thinking of getting rid of it this summer in favor of an e46 m3, but was just curious if anyone here has done the same thing. If you have, would you say it was worth it? Or did you regret getting rid of the e30 because the e46 was not as much fun.
                              Thanks!
                              its pretty pointless to try to replace one bmw with another.

E46m in lightly modified form is killer; stock is pretty boring. You need to hear the S54 scream and it needs a shorter final drive as its really hefty for weight compared to e30m/36m

E36M seems the most care free; I use mine for partial DD and track practice

E30 + 24v is too damm fun to race on the track with; would be stupid to not continue.

E38 is a GREAT daily; even better than e39.
                              OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                                Sweet freak of Mozambique! you'd drive that thing across country?!?!?

I'd much rather get a comfier, newer BMW for such an adventure.
                                I did and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. In the middle of summer....with no air con. I did the same trip again in my old E34 and it was nearly as much fun, nothing broke, it was comfortable and was air conditioned

I've actually considered selling my e30 as of lately but considering it only really costs $22 a month in insurance and I just know I'd never find a car with as much character and stories behind it.
                                91 318is M50 swapped
                                05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Working...
                                X