Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pantelones View Post
    http://www.silverstonesuperbikes.co.uk/xr69_5.html

IDK where Ironfreak saw those, but these are all augnetagious first pass, then si-brz or nickle for the second. I plan on doing the same for my motorcycle frames... All raw with no post treatment other than wipe down with 99% alcohol and clear-coat. Few photos of what I want to achieve...

AAAH see i didn't think that frame looked quite right. I'll have to find the images I was talking about and post them up sometime.
    sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

The Welding Thread

Finished the table and put her in the living room.

Imagine the room perfectly clean and not shitted up by a four year old!

Wife thinks leaving the shelf off the bottom may look the best. Gonna run by my dads soon and pick up the wood anyway and mock it too see what she thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by doorman View Post
        Finished the table and put her in the living room.

Imagine the room perfectly clean and not shitted up by a four year old!

Wife thinks leaving the shelf off the bottom may look the best. Gonna run by my dads soon and pick up the wood anyway and mock it too see what she thinks.

That looks rad! I have an idea for a home theater, ps3, receiver stand that would fit perfect beside my fireplace. I would have to fab it because it is an odd dimension and everything is too wide. I love the color of the wood.
        Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
        Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
        Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
          That looks rad! I have an idea for a home theater, ps3, receiver stand that would fit perfect beside my fireplace. I would have to fab it because it is an odd dimension and everything is too wide. I love the color of the wood.
          That's the great thing about people that work with their hands. Give us some material, dimensions, tools and we make anything for anywhere!

The wood was true 2x6 that was reclaimed. When it came outta the planer I knew that I wanted it too be as close to its natural color as possible.
          I think my dad said it has some boiled linseed oil or tongue oil and a matte finish clear on it.

Comment

Very nice job the table! Glass maybe a good option down below.
            HIK Fab

Comment

Originally posted by JGee View Post
              Very nice job the table! Glass maybe a good option down below.
              Thanks bud!!!

We replaced all our glass tables with other solid sufaces......4yr old+glass=no bueno!

Comment

I've recently been thinking about upgrading my lincoln Mig Pak 10 to a mig pak 140. Just checked canadian tire and it's on sale this week for ~$500. Any thoughts on whether it's worth it? I could probably sell my Mig Pak 10 and recoup ~$300

Alternatively, the Mig Pak 180 comes on sale for ~$600 every so often, but I'd need to keep my 110v mig as well to use where I don't have access to 220v, and I don't think I'd really run into a situation where I'd weld something thick enough to need the extra juice... I think the 140 is good for 3/16" or 5/16" with flux core wire as it is.
                Last edited by Northern; 02-13-2016, 05:52 PM.
                Originally posted by priapism
                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                Originally posted by shameson
                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Not great pics, but my little Eastwood 135 Mig works great.

I needed to clean up the metal a bit more before doing this, but I was impressed.
                  Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                  Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                  Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

I finally got around to fabbing up a transmission brace so my g265/6 will work in my e30 with the straight trans mounts instead of requiring the angled mounts for the e30 m3 brace.

It took longer than I expected and didn't come out completely straight, but is pretty good for using a handheld cutoff wheel and lining it up on uneven concrete.

I think the next step is to get a chop saw so I can cut good 45 and 90 degree angles. Any recommendations a hobbyist level saw to do mostly exhausts and 1 inch tubing?
                    sigpic
                    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

just look of CL for a friction saw. you can find one for sub $100 no problem. the next best thing is the cold saw that Dewalt makes, that's what I'm stashing for. if you;re lucky you'll see them pop up on Amazon for $5-600
                      sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
                        just look of CL for a friction saw. you can find one for sub $100 no problem. the next best thing is the cold saw that Dewalt makes, that's what I'm stashing for. if you;re lucky you'll see them pop up on Amazon for $5-600
                        Does a "friction saw" go by another name? Nothing called a friction saw is popping up within 100 or so miles.

I just need something sort of portable and capable of giving me good angles. (Tools are stored in the basement and have to be carried out to the covered concrete work area) Based on that, why wouldn't something like a Dewalt D28715 work for me?

**EDIT**
                        Ok, from a little poking, it looks like an "abrasive cut off saw" refers to a giant 14" cut off wheel mounted on a stand (a "chop saw"), whereas a "friction saw" rotates at a much higher speed using a metal disk to slightly melt the steel and then scrape away the steel. Do I have this correct?
                        Last edited by McGyver; 03-01-2016, 06:53 AM.
                        sigpic
                        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Abrasive cut off saw is another term.
                          john@m20guru.com
                          Links:
                          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

So i went and picked this up a few days ago :D

Originally posted by unloadedak
                            It's brand new. I've gripped the shaft a couple times and that's about it.

Comment

Doing some welding/fab work today

Started with this today.
                              Underside framework of a dock plate at a meat packing plant. Temp brace the unit open, torch bent shit out.

Measure everything up for square/etc.

Almost finished with reassembly. Taking a short break now.

Comment

I think I just clued into why I always had such a shit time with my old mig. I've been welding on 15A circuits the whole time, and often with an extension cord, not always a good one either.

I'm running a dedicated 20A circuit to my workshop now, and I picked up a 12GA extension cord for when I absolutely need to do more than just tack something outside.
                                I really think it'll make a difference.
                                Originally posted by priapism
                                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                                Originally posted by shameson
                                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
                                X