Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    That auction really makes me rethink selling my presentable E30 M3 front and rear seats.
    Portland, Oregon
    E28M5 | E30S50 | E30M3

    Comment


      Originally posted by djjerme View Post
      I’d rather have the dashes available before seats. For $1600, I can get seats redone in whatever I want locally. What you can’t get is dash “uncracked.”


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yeah the dash is another silly thing. How many E30s are there,,, think over 70% of the remaining ones have cracked dashes?
      How much can it cost for them to do a run of dashes
      They would probably sell every single one in one offering.
      Its such a common failure point.

      I never thought about it until recently.
      I took the original dash out of my race car and got a junkyard E30 dash to cut up for the cage (oddly it had not one crack, nothing, perfect from a wrecking yard),,, then as the years progress I realize that the dashes are not available.
      I assumed such a common part would always be available (within reason).
      Jimmy P.
      87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
      88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
      88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
      92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
      98 318Ti Morea Green
      04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

      Comment


        I agree, the dash is something that every E30 can benefit from, they shouldve recognized that by how quickly that last run sold out, even at a cost of nearly $1000.

        There was a guy in Eastern Europe or something who had made M3 rear seat foam. He had an ad here, but didnt get a warm reception so who knows what happened.
        Simon
        Current Car:
        -2000 330i Estate, the dad-mobile
        -2002 MR2 Spyder, the solo-mobile



        Make R3V Great Again -2020

        Comment


          So what does everyone think about the red car? I would not have paid $9k for it but I kind of expected more on BaT. I think the suspension and wheels hurt it a bit, and it kind of looks like it may look better in pics that in person. Bet it would have broken $10k with H&R sports and Ronals

          https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-bmw-325is-45/
          - '88 m54 coupe

          <3

          Comment


            I agree with your comment. Wheels and suspension did it no favors for that crowd. Looked like a decent driver though

            Comment


              Selling a modified car on BaT is always a crap shoot, that cars "stance" wasnt helping it. Even at that ride height, it wouldve done better with OEM wheels
              Simon
              Current Car:
              -2000 330i Estate, the dad-mobile
              -2002 MR2 Spyder, the solo-mobile



              Make R3V Great Again -2020

              Comment


                Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
                Yeah the dash is another silly thing. How many E30s are there,,, think over 70% of the remaining ones have cracked dashes?
                How much can it cost for them to do a run of dashes
                They would probably sell every single one in one offering.
                Its such a common failure point.

                Bimmer friend of mine from Germany/France/Poland told me that none of the E30s over there have cracked dashes, that it's a USA thing because of the weather/sun. Even if the "none" was an exaggeration, if "most" are not cracked I've always wondered why someone doesn't bring a container full of used uncracked E30 dashes over here. At $300-$400 a pop, I would think it could be profitable. Maybe because I've never removed a dash.


                Cory
                1992 325i Cabrio
                1988 320i Touring
                2000 M5
                1977 530i
                2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                BMWCCA
                E30CCA

                Comment


                  Originally posted by cory58 View Post
                  Bimmer friend of mine from Germany/France/Poland told me that none of the E30s over there have cracked dashes, that it's a USA thing because of the weather/sun.
                  Interesting...
                  Jimmy P.
                  87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                  88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                  88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                  92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                  98 318Ti Morea Green
                  04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
                    So what does everyone think about the red car? I would not have paid $9k for it but I kind of expected more on BaT. I think the suspension and wheels hurt it a bit, and it kind of looks like it may look better in pics that in person. Bet it would have broken $10k with H&R sports and Ronals

                    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-bmw-325is-45/
                    Car had a super hoopty look to it.
                    Between the ill fitting wheels, the "stance" and that fucking stereo...

                    Would have done MUCH better "undone" with H&R sports and Euroweaves or Ronals.
                    Jimmy P.
                    87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                    88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                    88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                    92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                    98 318Ti Morea Green
                    04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
                      So what does everyone think about the red car? I would not have paid $9k for it but I kind of expected more on BaT. I think the suspension and wheels hurt it a bit, and it kind of looks like it may look better in pics that in person. Bet it would have broken $10k with H&R sports and Ronals

                      https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-bmw-325is-45/


                      This is actually my old car. I did all the work with the exception of the paint job. I sold this car in February because I had a 17 M3 coming in. Regretted it but life goes on. Completely agree with your comment. I actually bought 14 inch basket weaves to put on and sell with the car. Was also going to put stock door panels on but the now seller took the car as a package. In all honesty they got a great deal. There are some quick fixes to this car that could have made it a 12k car.


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
                        Car had a super hoopty look to it.
                        Between the ill fitting wheels, the "stance" and that fucking stereo...

                        Would have done MUCH better "undone" with H&R sports and Euroweaves or Ronals.


                        Can’t deny this. Did this car in 2013 when I was younger and had a different sense on what I wanted it to be. Would definitely take this back to the stock appearance for the best look.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                          I stashed a clean dash away years ago. I wonder what the bat bidding would be like.

                          Would be a fun test but I know I will need it some day



                          Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          I agree, the dash is something that every E30 can benefit from, they shouldve recognized that by how quickly that last run sold out, even at a cost of nearly $1000.

                          There was a guy in Eastern Europe or something who had made M3 rear seat foam. He had an ad here, but didnt get a warm reception so who knows what happened.

                          Comment


                            We had a new style dash in an iX that was sold this week, and I wish I could have swapped it out. I really like the newer texture/material they were using on the new ones.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
                            2006 BMW X3
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

                            Comment


                              $14,000 for the motor and trans and add another $6000 for the m3 seats and youre $20k into the M3 build with no shell.... WTF
                              Simon
                              Current Car:
                              -2000 330i Estate, the dad-mobile
                              -2002 MR2 Spyder, the solo-mobile



                              Make R3V Great Again -2020

                              Comment


                                $6k seats!??!!?

                                I have a set of vert seats in the shop, even have the heating elements.....hmmmm...
                                john@m20guru.com
                                Links:
                                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X