Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That auction really makes me rethink selling my presentable E30 M3 front and rear seats.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
      I’d rather have the dashes available before seats. For $1600, I can get seats redone in whatever I want locally. What you can’t get is dash “uncracked.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yeah the dash is another silly thing. How many E30s are there,,, think over 70% of the remaining ones have cracked dashes?
      How much can it cost for them to do a run of dashes
      They would probably sell every single one in one offering.
      Its such a common failure point.

I never thought about it until recently.
      I took the original dash out of my race car and got a junkyard E30 dash to cut up for the cage (oddly it had not one crack, nothing, perfect from a wrecking yard),,, then as the years progress I realize that the dashes are not available.
      I assumed such a common part would always be available (within reason).
      Jimmy P.
      87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
      88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
      88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
      92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
      98 318Ti Morea Green
      04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

I agree, the dash is something that every E30 can benefit from, they shouldve recognized that by how quickly that last run sold out, even at a cost of nearly $1000.

There was a guy in Eastern Europe or something who had made M3 rear seat foam. He had an ad here, but didnt get a warm reception so who knows what happened.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

So what does everyone think about the red car? I would not have paid $9k for it but I kind of expected more on BaT. I think the suspension and wheels hurt it a bit, and it kind of looks like it may look better in pics that in person. Bet it would have broken $10k with H&R sports and Ronals

Bid for the chance to own a 1989 BMW 325i 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #15,152.
          - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

I agree with your comment. Wheels and suspension did it no favors for that crowd. Looked like a decent driver though

Comment

Selling a modified car on BaT is always a crap shoot, that cars "stance" wasnt helping it. Even at that ride height, it wouldve done better with OEM wheels
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
                Yeah the dash is another silly thing. How many E30s are there,,, think over 70% of the remaining ones have cracked dashes?
                How much can it cost for them to do a run of dashes
                They would probably sell every single one in one offering.
                Its such a common failure point.

Bimmer friend of mine from Germany/France/Poland told me that none of the E30s over there have cracked dashes, that it's a USA thing because of the weather/sun. Even if the "none" was an exaggeration, if "most" are not cracked I've always wondered why someone doesn't bring a container full of used uncracked E30 dashes over here. At $300-$400 a pop, I would think it could be profitable. Maybe because I've never removed a dash.

Cory
                1992 325i Cabrio
                1988 320i Touring
                2000 M5
                1977 530i
                2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                BMWCCA
                E30CCA

Comment

Originally posted by cory58 View Post
                  Bimmer friend of mine from Germany/France/Poland told me that none of the E30s over there have cracked dashes, that it's a USA thing because of the weather/sun.
                  Interesting...
                  Jimmy P.
                  98 318Ti Morea Green

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
                    So what does everyone think about the red car? I would not have paid $9k for it but I kind of expected more on BaT. I think the suspension and wheels hurt it a bit, and it kind of looks like it may look better in pics that in person. Bet it would have broken $10k with H&R sports and Ronals

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-bmw-325is-45/
                    Car had a super hoopty look to it.
                    Between the ill fitting wheels, the "stance" and that fucking stereo...

Would have done MUCH better "undone" with H&R sports and Euroweaves or Ronals.
                    Jimmy P.
                    98 318Ti Morea Green

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-bmw-325is-45/

This is actually my old car. I did all the work with the exception of the paint job. I sold this car in February because I had a 17 M3 coming in. Regretted it but life goes on. Completely agree with your comment. I actually bought 14 inch basket weaves to put on and sell with the car. Was also going to put stock door panels on but the now seller took the car as a package. In all honesty they got a great deal. There are some quick fixes to this car that could have made it a 12k car.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
                        Car had a super hoopty look to it.
                        Between the ill fitting wheels, the "stance" and that fucking stereo...

Would have done MUCH better "undone" with H&R sports and Euroweaves or Ronals.

Can’t deny this. Did this car in 2013 when I was younger and had a different sense on what I wanted it to be. Would definitely take this back to the stock appearance for the best look.

Comment

I stashed a clean dash away years ago. I wonder what the bat bidding would be like.

Would be a fun test but I know I will need it some day

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          I agree, the dash is something that every E30 can benefit from, they shouldve recognized that by how quickly that last run sold out, even at a cost of nearly $1000.

There was a guy in Eastern Europe or something who had made M3 rear seat foam. He had an ad here, but didnt get a warm reception so who knows what happened.

Comment

We had a new style dash in an iX that was sold this week, and I wish I could have swapped it out. I really like the newer texture/material they were using on the new ones.

1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

$14,000 for the motor and trans and add another $6000 for the m3 seats and youre $20k into the M3 build with no shell.... WTF
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

$6k seats!??!!?

I have a set of vert seats in the shop, even have the heating elements.....hmmmm...
                                john@m20guru.com
                                Links:
                                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
                                X