Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    S52 swap car ends today. Curious to see if it hits between 10-15k. It’s not a bad starting point for a more serious build. Cage would need some modifications to go wheel to wheel, but drivetrain sounds decent. 1:28 around PIR with the chicane is a good showing; lose more weight out of the car and push it harder in to the 1:23 range, and you are running ST times (vettes, S54 swap E46’s..)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
    2006 BMW X3
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

    Comment


      I really cant wrap my mind around 2" spacers ...
      Simon
      Current Car:
      -2000 330i Estate, the dad-mobile
      -2002 MR2 Spyder, the solo-mobile



      Make R3V Great Again -2020

      Comment


        Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        I really cant wrap my mind around 2" spacers ...
        Im glad that you asked that question,,, I wasnt going to because Im not a player in the auction, so usually dont ask questions.

        I was wondering how he was getting tire rub with such itty bitty tires on it, then his answer to you made it clear. They have got the fucking tires pushed out so far thinking "wide body is cool" they are taking tire away.

        Not a good plan to me. Put the right wheels on that car and you can run 225 Hoosiers which are pretty wide for a 225.

        That thing is an OK starting point in that the bull work is done, but I'd have to immediately trash the "cage" with its pool noodles and that whole wheel, control arm, spacer setup and get back to square one of making an E30 handle.
        Jimmy P.
        87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
        88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
        88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
        92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
        98 318Ti Morea Green
        04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

        Comment


          I don't see that car going over $10k sadly.
          I hope i'm wrong.
          - Frank
          '87 325ic M-Tech 1 For Sale!
          http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=407503
          Build Thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=229347

          Comment


            You werent... $8550, even with the fee a good price IMO
            Simon
            Current Car:
            -2000 330i Estate, the dad-mobile
            -2002 MR2 Spyder, the solo-mobile



            Make R3V Great Again -2020

            Comment


              It just wasnt anything special,,, at all.
              One in a forest of E30 swap DE cars that used to be at DEs every weekend.
              At one time at any Northeast BMWCCA DE there would be 20 of those.

              And BAT is a terrible venue to sell race cars or dedicated track cars. 80% of the viewers want to know if it can be made street legal again, the other 20% want know if it has AC or can pass CA smog. With a slim fringe, thats a cars and coffee crowd on that site.
              Jimmy P.
              87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
              88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
              88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
              92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
              98 318Ti Morea Green
              04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

              Comment


                Yeah it seems pretty dumb to sell a ho-hum track car on BAT given what it is these days; a hotspot for collectors.

                It's right the venue for this: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-bmw-3-0csi-5/
                @turbovarg
                '91 318is, M20B25, T3/T04E 60 trim (18psi), megasquirt, coilovers, Z3 rack, cold AC
                [b u i l d]
                [Car of the month: April 2018]

                0c8b7c9527af628a346878feb14bf757

                Comment


                  Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
                  80% of the viewers want to know if it can be made street legal again, the other 20% want know if it has AC or can pass CA smog. With a slim fringe, thats a cars and coffee crowd on that site.


                  Exactly..


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
                  2006 BMW X3
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

                  Comment


                    Not sure how this one slipped through the cracks....

                    1989 325i Convertible
                    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-bmw-325i-53/
                    Attached Files
                    Simon
                    Current Car:
                    -2000 330i Estate, the dad-mobile
                    -2002 MR2 Spyder, the solo-mobile



                    Make R3V Great Again -2020

                    Comment


                      "The E36 engine swap, high chassis mileage, M-Tech body kit, horrible Recaro seats and the repaint are going to negatively affect the final auction price.
                      (Excuse me, I’ll be right back after I reline my BAT hat with fresh heavy duty aluminum foil.)" - comment taken from a current listing on BaT.

                      BRB going to throw myself off a tall building.
                      - Frank
                      '87 325ic M-Tech 1 For Sale!
                      http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=407503
                      Build Thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=229347

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by achtunge30 View Post
                        "The E36 engine swap, high chassis mileage, M-Tech body kit, horrible Recaro seats and the repaint are going to negatively affect the final auction price.
                        (Excuse me, I’ll be right back after I reline my BAT hat with fresh heavy duty aluminum foil.)" - comment taken from a current listing on BaT.

                        BRB going to throw myself off a tall building.
                        haha I am pretty sure he is trolling with that comment.

                        1991 S50 swapped 318i sedan
                        https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-bmw-318i-12/
                        Attached Files
                        Simon
                        Current Car:
                        -2000 330i Estate, the dad-mobile
                        -2002 MR2 Spyder, the solo-mobile



                        Make R3V Great Again -2020

                        Comment


                          Wow....that mt2 sedan is amazing.

                          Not an e30...but my 996 went live today. We'll see how this goes:
                          https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...11-carrera-61/
                          Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
                          COTM Aug 2019

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by rjmcdermott81 View Post
                            Wow....that mt2 sedan is amazing.

                            Not an e30...but my 996 went live today. We'll see how this goes:
                            https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...11-carrera-61/
                            Starting bid $996 love it!!
                            - Frank
                            '87 325ic M-Tech 1 For Sale!
                            http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=407503
                            Build Thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=229347

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              Not sure how this one slipped through the cracks....

                              1989 325i Convertible
                              https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-bmw-325i-53/
                              shhhhhh
                              I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

                              HOWTOs:
                              DB vert plastic bumpers
                              OEM Keys
                              MTech1 docs

                              88 ix Lach/Card
                              91 ic Calypso 3.1
                              86 Cosmo 2.7

                              OEM+ or bust!


                              reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                              TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                              e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

                              Comment


                                https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1987-bmw-m3/

                                Less than 5 hours left and we're at $60k. What does everything think its going to hit for final bid?
                                Steve • Toronto
                                1991 318is • Brillantrot
                                Build Thread

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X