X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
    shhhhhh
    that would quite something if the one and only bid takes it....

I love cirrusblau, I really need to repaint my car

Originally posted by Powling View Post
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1987-bmw-m3/

Less than 5 hours left and we're at $60k. What does everything think its going to hit for final bid?
    miles are probably a little high for the hardcore collectors, but its an awesome combo. Im guessing somewhere around 75 which feels crazy just typing it out
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
      shhhhhh
      An autotragic (I know, low miles) vert going for over 8k is a BAT thing, I think. I predict it to reach 10k just based on power of suggestion.

Current Bimmers:
      1991 525i, lagungrun
      1991 318i M54B30 swapped, brilliantrot
      1991 318i S52 swapped, diamantschwarz
      1991 Bertone FreeClimber (with 2.7i M20B27 engine)
      1989 325is, bronzit
      1982 320i M50B25 swapped, alpinweiss
      1981 320i, saphirblau
      1976 2002, mintgrun

"Murderbrick" 1991 318i M54B30 swap

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        miles are probably a little high for the hardcore collectors, but its an awesome combo. Im guessing somewhere around 75 which feels crazy just typing it out
        It only went up another $500 before bidding closed
        Steve • Toronto
        1991 318is • Brillantrot
        Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
          It only went up another $500 before bidding closed
          and the other went up 50% in the last "2 minutes"
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by Ygtbsm1969
            I hope you all are doing well and keeping tabs on the pulse of e30 sales with the tenacity of a bulldog. Me, doing good and living large or at least I think so sometimes. I do suffer from being a legend in my own mind:) Anyway how cool to follow the sales and what would you say if in three months this was up on bring a trailer. I have finished almost everything with BaT and its slotted for May 1st start due to other obligations and time making this a future sale. Need to be available for the auction and not working graves and sleeping days, 60/80 hours a week is just to much but it won't lay off for a little while. Tried to get it done over Xmas but just ran out of time.

So here is your chance to critique a car three months before it even starts and then you can follow it through and see how good you really are. Insider info is cool sometimes, enjoy.

Man....that is crazy cool. I never would have guessed that when you sold your m3 you would have this hiding in the garage too. Curious what your next project is...
            Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
            COTM Aug 2019

Comment

So here is your chance to critique a car three months before it even starts and then you can follow it through and see how good you really are. Insider info is cool sometimes, enjoy.
              Overall, dig the car. Looks like a quality build, love the ACS parts that you don't see often.

Gripes I have: red line around the wheels, blue vacuum hose. I also don't like ACS wheels without center caps.

Might have problems on BaT based on audience ignorance.
              1990 325i/4/5, 1992 240SX, 1995 RRC, 1998 M3/4/5

Comment

Red rings , well thats paint, blue could turn to pink or black or stainless with the next owner, Caps I agree but the originals are gone and I hate china crap so unless you have 4 in your back pocket it just aint happening.

Thanks because everything you said is so small and minor , but the ignorance issue is a serious concern and I have no idea other than put one of my presentations together and let it fly with it. I have no clue what this is going to be and since no other has ever sold its got no comparable. I just don't know were it will land and no-one I know will even guess for fear of being wrong, and getting made fun of by the rest.
                Is it possible to get an appraisal for insurance purposes and use that to set your reserve? I would probably do that and keep it to yourself. At least it gives you a baseline. I bet Hagerty would be able to point you in the right direction.
                Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
                COTM Aug 2019

Comment

1989 M3
                  Bid for the chance to own a Original-Owner 1989 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #16,067.
                  Attached Files
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

1987 325is
                    Bid for the chance to own a 1987 BMW 325is 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #16,086.
                    Attached Files
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      1987 325is
                      Ohhhh yesssssss. I'd be all over that if I had the money. Probably will go for much more than it's at now.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Now that's a nice example...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

1989 AC Schnitzer S3 Touring
                          Bid for the chance to own a 1989 AC Schnitzer ACS3 BMW 325i Touring at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #16,190.

Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
                            Im glad that you asked that question,,, I wasnt going to because Im not a player in the auction, so usually dont ask questions.

I was wondering how he was getting tire rub with such itty bitty tires on it, then his answer to you made it clear. They have got the fucking tires pushed out so far thinking "wide body is cool" they are taking tire away.

Not a good plan to me. Put the right wheels on that car and you can run 225 Hoosiers which are pretty wide for a 225.

That thing is an OK starting point in that the bull work is done, but I'd have to immediately trash the "cage" with its pool noodles and that whole wheel, control arm, spacer setup and get back to square one of making an E30 handle.

Well, I bought the car and am now grappling with that question.

Started a thread (more first i g mass versus spacers) but didn’t get a discussion going.

Front track is 1” wider than rear. So will always need a spacer or run a different offset in the rear.
                            The 15” don’t clear the caliper but only weigh 12.5lbs versus a 17” rim that’s 18lbs (or more of I go cheap).

First world problems. Will figure this out after the cage and fire suppression install.

Comment

Originally posted by kaivball View Post

Started a thread (more first i g mass versus spacers) but didn’t get a discussion going.

Front track is 1” wider than rear. So will always need a spacer or run a different offset in the rear.
                              The 15” don’t clear the caliper but only weigh 12.5lbs versus a 17” rim that’s 18lbs (or more of I go cheap).

First world problems. Will figure this out after the cage and fire suppression install.
                              Glad you came over here. I think the car was well bought and with some TLC you will have quite a car on your hands.

Please start a thread in the members rides so we can follow along.

As far as the wheels go, I think the design is to blame and there are better wheels out there. I personally have run and still own a set of SSR Type C wheels, they are 16x7 and weigh 11# each. When I had the Aluminum Monster, my dream rear wheel was a 17x7.5 SSR that was nearly impossible to find. but you never know...

Where are you located? I think youre in NorCal, if you are ever down here in SoCal you can test fit the wheels to see if they clear the brakes... also check your inbox ;)
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by kaivball View Post

Glad to see you signed up here. This site is a good resource for all E30 owners.
                                If what I remember reading in the auction is true, that thing has E46 FLCA.
                                From what I have heard about that mod is it adds alot of width to the front track.
                                I'd be taking those off while I was taking out the bolt in cage.
                                Put some correct E30 LCA on it and get back to all the wheels being the same offset.
                                Jimmy P.
                                87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                                88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                                88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                                92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                                98 318Ti Morea Green
                                04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Working...
                                X