Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesnt seem like it. He is apparently well known in the CCA of the local chapter. Crazy selling price though. Could sell the S14 and get most of your money back and have a pretty good starting point for an even better racecar
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Oh boy. There better be a reserve or else someone got a smokin deal. If that car was advertised for that price anywhere in the US...I would have bought it just to have a fun track toy.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I would have bought it, and brought it back to street trim using a rusty/salvage donor e30 with a decent interior+glass+HVAC. Throw another $10K at it, and you'd still be ahead.
        '91 325i

Comment

I've asked BAT to remove my m5 from the auction listing and they are pushing hard to let it ride and sell it through their site. I already told them that I have no intention of selling the car at this point because things changed in the last few days, and that I will be listing another car in it's place.

The auction is still up. Seems like they don't want to listen to the guy who listed the very car.
          world renown Harry Potter expert
          sigpic

Comment

I didnt know that one was yours Ryan, and I also didnt know you were married. Its like I dont even know you anymore
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              I didnt know that one was yours Ryan, and I also didnt know you were married. Its like I dont even know you anymore
              I bought a few cars over the years with a friend. We drive them here and there but it's time to sell a few. I've taken over the task of selling, so I combine both our voices. It's fun.

There are some incredible cars going up for sale pretty soon.
              sigpic

Comment

I had a huge argument with BAT this morning.

They refuse to take down the listing, regardless of what their terms state as the buyer's right to do so. They also refuse to allow me to post comments explaining to interested parties and bidders why the car will not be sold this round.

BAT argued that i shouldn't have waited this long to make the change but I emailed them three days ago with the request to pull the ad. They said this isn't how they do things and despite my right to both pull the ad and explain myself.

Instead, they quietly raised the reserve to $100,000.00 and will no longer let me post.

We got into a huge argument on the phone and they aren't willing to honor their own agreements.

Fuck BAT.
                sigpic

Comment

Well, hopefully it hits the reserve
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

I went ahead and messaged all bidders and told them to stop bidding and explained the situation.

I'm never listing a car there again. I have some heavy hitting Alpinas that I planned on listing there, not not anymore.

So unprofessional.
                    sigpic

Comment

Interesting. Sorry to hear that phreshkid
                      My previous build (currently E30-less)
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Wow what a shitshow that is, sorry to hear that Phresh! It does seem that BaT is in a bit of weird place right now, way over their heads I think and just taking in too much at a time. At least you did the right thing and messaged all the bidders, very sorry to hear that still though.
                        C6Z
                        S2K
                        VeloN

Comment

So are you blacklisted from BaT? Man, that's not a bridge you'd want to burn if you're sitting on collectible BMWs. Hope you can work it out with them.
                          '91 325i

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                            I had a huge argument with BAT this morning.

They refuse to take down the listing, regardless of what their terms state as the buyer's right to do so. They also refuse to allow me to post comments explaining to interested parties and bidders why the car will not be sold this round.

BAT argued that i shouldn't have waited this long to make the change but I emailed them three days ago with the request to pull the ad. They said this isn't how they do things and despite my right to both pull the ad and explain myself.

Instead, they quietly raised the reserve to $100,000.00 and will no longer let me post.

We got into a huge argument on the phone and they aren't willing to honor their own agreements.

Fuck BAT.
                            I'll bet your messages to the bidders were held for moderation and will never make it to their intended recipients; I got the exact same treatment from them after calling them out for brokering the sale of a stolen car which was in fact leased from BMW Financial in the United Kingdom, and forcing them to pull the listing with the help of a bidder, after they ignored the obvious fraud and mounting evidence for days, all while staying mostly silent. It sounds like BaT handles anyone that questions them or their increasingly unethical profit driven business practices the same way: silence them and ignore them.

Since BaT supposedly relies so heavily on the community that built them into what they are (supposed to be) today to vet their listings, I think it's about time the community turns our attention toward them and holds them accountable for selling us all out in favour of their bottom line...

Comment

but what will the base model 4 door diesel sell for???
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

What's with the Asian guy avatars?
                                '91 325i

Comment

Working...
                                X