What's with the Asian guy avatars?
    wrong thread for that question... go here

all your questions will be answered
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

This is veering off topic, so I'll keep it short. I read the first few posts of the first page, and the last few posts of the last page, and still don't know why you all have the Asian guy.

FYI, that technique of mine is what I sometimes applied to reading assignments in high school and college. It's an efficiency hack (back before there was such a term) that helped get me into med. school.;D Quickly learned that hack doesn't work there, unless you're Dr. Nick Riviera

Back to your BaT discussions...
      '91 325i

Comment

Originally posted by Nader393 View Post
        So are you blacklisted from BaT? Man, that's not a bridge you'd want to burn if you're sitting on collectible BMWs. Hope you can work it out with them.
        No, I'm done with BAT. They won't get my business after this. They refuse to give me a straight answer on any of my questions, and they refused to work with me on this.

Bad press is bad press, and I'm not afraid to vocalize my dealings with them. I did everything I could to minimize damage on both ends, but they let it ride out, choosing to negate my interests for theirs, and changed their reasoning two or three different times as to why they wouldn't simply pull the listing down. I was shocked at how childish one of their employees were on the phone, when they flat out told me they would not remove the listing because "it's not how they do things here", never mind what their terms and conditions state.

Originally posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
        I'll bet your messages to the bidders were held for moderation and will never make it to their intended recipients; I got the exact same treatment from them after calling them out for brokering the sale of a stolen car which was in fact leased from BMW Financial in the United Kingdom, and forcing them to pull the listing with the help of a bidder, after they ignored the obvious fraud and mounting evidence for days, all while staying mostly silent. It sounds like BaT handles anyone that questions them or their increasingly unethical profit driven business practices the same way: silence them and ignore them.

Since BaT supposedly relies so heavily on the community that built them into what they are (supposed to be) today to vet their listings, I think it's about time the community turns our attention toward them and holds them accountable for selling us all out in favour of their bottom line...
        I loved BAT. They always posted high quality, or very rare, desirable cars. They were choosey and I appreciated that. Now, they will list anything that can make them a profit. 5% buyer premium is no small amount when a car sells for $100,000.

Three days ago, they insisted that I leave the listing up and let it sell. I told them no. I wrote them again last night asking why the ad was still up, and that regardless of the auction outcome, I am not selling the car. I went ahead and tried posting a comment on the ad stating the facts and recent decision made to no longer sell. Guess what? Comments never went through. This wasn't an issue when the listing started, nor was it an issue for any other listings I commented on. They had demoted my account and submitted all my comments to monitorization before being publicly posted. So I went ahead and emailed all private parties who had contacted me and told them not to bid. BAT doesn't have control over my emails.

Bottom line, BAT did not look out for me when I trusted them. They threw me to the side and went after their best interests. They will no longer get my business and I'll make sure to tell my friends in the car world about this.
        world renown Harry Potter expert
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
          I loved BAT. They always posted high quality, or very rare, desirable cars. They were choosey and I appreciated that.
          This is my exact opinion on them as well, it was an enthusiast site and it's slowly but surely turning into just a run of the mill place with a highlight here or there.
          C6Z
          S2K
          VeloN

Comment

I loved BAT. They always posted high quality, or very rare, desirable cars. They were choosey and I appreciated that. Now, they will list anything that can make them a profit. 5% buyer premium is no small amount when a car sells for $100,000.
            I felt the same way, and I was really shocked at how they treated me. I was just trying to help them avoid committing a crime, and help whoever 'won' the auction avoid buying a grossly misrepresented car backed by BaT's reputation.

People generally don't change this much this quickly, so it's likely the smell of money has just revealed the bad character(s) of the parties involved within BaT.

Bottom line, BAT did not look out for me when I trusted them. They threw me to the side and went after their best interests. They will no longer get my business and I'll make sure to tell my friends in the car world about this.
            At this point I'd say you'd be doing everyone you tell your story to a good deed.

I really hope BaT turns this around, but I think it's much more likely they'll ride their reputation into the ground. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Nader393 View Post
              Man, that's not a bridge you'd want to burn if you're sitting on collectible BMWs.
              BMW CCA Classifieds is better than BaT for selling collectable bimmers, IMO.

BaT will usually pick up and promote the really good ones listed on the CCA site, and you then get organic visibility on BaT (which is better than the paid kind).
              I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Two E30s closing today. The 35k mile euro M3 & the 324D.

Whats the bigger shocker, If the M3 break $60k or if the 324D gets more than $2500?
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  Two E30s closing today. The 35k mile euro M3 & the 324D.

Whats the bigger shocker, If the M3 break $60k or if the 324D gets more than $2500?
                  I think the M3 will break $60K! It's a beautiful car.

I wonder what EA would have listed it for if they had possession...

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
                    I think the M3 will break $60K! It's a beautiful car.

I wonder what EA would have listed it for if they had possession...
                    I guess were both wrong, it only got one more bid to $50,500 and it ended like that with Reserve not being met. Seems a bit greedy to me, I would've figured at $50k it would've already met its reserve
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Judging by what i have seen eag price their cars at, i bet they would ask 150k for that one.
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Why is the 324d so low?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                        Transaction feedback
                        - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                          Why is the 324d so low?
                          Base model, NA diesel, No A/C. Lots of things Americans arent fond of. If it was CA legal it would be a goldmine though because it would be smog exempt, funny how things work out
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            I guess were both wrong, it only got one more bid to $50,500 and it ended like that with Reserve not being met. Seems a bit greedy to me, I would've figured at $50k it would've already met its reserve
                            Based on what "lesser" M3s have sold for, that car warranted $60K +. Maybe the E30 M3 price trajectory is plateauing?

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                            Judging by what i have seen eag price their cars at, i bet they would ask 150k for that one.
                            Yep.

Comment

Are we taking bets on the 959? I don't think it well sell on BaT but if it does, the reserve has to be over 700k...
                              C6Z
                              S2K
                              VeloN

Comment

I am guessing 1.2 million

Comment

Working...
                                X