Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    That E was clearly a nice example, but 17k was more than fair, and I probably would have put a reserve somewhere around 15k, which is what it's worth.

    Comment


      Crazy. Didn't even look at the listing until today and realized it's auto. My first e30 was in similar condition, but manual and Delphin on black- hard to believe this one didn't meet reserve at exactly FIVE TIMES what I paid lol.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

      Comment


        Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
        My first e30 was in similar condition, but manual and Delphin on black- hard to believe this one didn't meet reserve at exactly FIVE TIMES what I paid lol.
        Where do you find $25,000 cars with 13,000 miles for $3,380?
        Why did you get rid of yours if it had only 13,000 miles?
        Last edited by Vincenze; 01-22-2020, 01:08 PM.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
          Where do you find $25,000 cars with 13,000 miles for $3,380?
          Why did you get rid of yours if it had only 13,000 miles?
          Have you seen my join date? Lol. Had it for a bit before joining any forums. Hence the username "ForcedFirebird" due to the nature of my thirdgen f-body v6 twin turbo, and forum activity in those days.

          My e30 was the same age then as an early E46 is today. ;)

          ​​​
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

          Comment


            Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

            My e30 was the same age then as an early E46 is today. ;)

            ​​​
            You can probably get an E46 for $3,000.
            But a 17-year-old 13,000-mile E46 costs $39,000 https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2002-bmw-m3-61/

            Comment


              Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
              You can probably get an E46 for $3,000.
              But a 17-year-old 13,000-mile E46 costs $39,000 https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2002-bmw-m3-61/
              M3 vs regular 3 series. When I bought my Delphin car, e30m3's were in the $10k range.
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

              Comment


                Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

                M3 vs regular 3 series. When I bought my Delphin car, e30m3's were in the $10k range.
                This guy bought an M3 for $13.5k.
                I guess he has spent more than $30k and 5 years of nights and weekends on its restoration.
                Imagine if he had bought a 13,000-mile M3.

                https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...-e30-m3-reborn
                Last edited by Vincenze; 01-28-2020, 11:09 AM.

                Comment


                  BringATrailer sure has been quiet lately with the e30s... or maybe I've been so used to 5 new e30s popping up on the site a week. Activity has slowed down considerably.

                  Comment


                    Click image for larger version

Name:	1992_bmw_325_.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	9901865

                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1986 BMW 325e & 1968 Datsun Roadster 2000
                    Previous Car Count : 21 ... and climbing...

                    Make R3V Great Again -2020

                    Comment


                      1984 325e
                      https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1984-bmw-325e-11/

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	1984_bmw_325e.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	9901981
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1986 BMW 325e & 1968 Datsun Roadster 2000
                      Previous Car Count : 21 ... and climbing...

                      Make R3V Great Again -2020

                      Comment


                        I'm seeing a lot of Etas for sale lately, always disappointing to see that "e".

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Monte30 View Post

                          I'm seeing a lot of Etas for sale lately, always disappointing to see that "e".
                          That one is a built motor with a S52 crank and some other crazy shenanigans going on with the motor. dont be so quick to dismiss the 'E' ... throw some euro bumpers on that and suddenly you have an amazing E30
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1986 BMW 325e & 1968 Datsun Roadster 2000
                          Previous Car Count : 21 ... and climbing...

                          Make R3V Great Again -2020

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by midnight_marauder View Post
                            BringATrailer sure has been quiet lately with the e30s... or maybe I've been so used to 5 new e30s popping up on the site a week. Activity has slowed down considerably.
                            It was pretty crazy for a while there in the late fall

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

                              That one is a built motor with a S52 crank and some other crazy shenanigans going on with the motor. dont be so quick to dismiss the 'E' ... throw some euro bumpers on that and suddenly you have an amazing E30

                              Yeah, upon further inspection, it looks pretty fucking sweet! I'm thinking of getting in on the bidding.

                              Comment


                                1984 M52 Swapped 318i
                                https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1984-bmw-318i-12/

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	1984_bmw_318i_.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	9902471

                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1986 BMW 325e & 1968 Datsun Roadster 2000
                                Previous Car Count : 21 ... and climbing...

                                Make R3V Great Again -2020

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X