Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a '88 325 up now, this one is much more basic and still has the metal bumpers so we'll see how it does
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Yeah.. Around here that thing would be parted out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I think if the white 318is goes for under 8k, we're going to see a slight trending drop in the market price of non stock min condition e30s.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Musij View Post
          I think if the white 318is goes for under 8k, we're going to see a slight trending drop in the market price of non stock min condition e30s.
          8k for a 318is is still really good, those of us who've been around know that this is still a hot market, even for a slightly modified one
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            8k for a 318is is still really good, those of us who've been around know that this is still a hot market, even for a slightly modified one
            It's definitely not bad but if I saw that car posted for 10k on here I would not be surprised at all. And it's my understanding that cars on BAT go for more then if they were posted here 9/10 times

Comment

It's definitely not bad but if I saw that car posted for 10k on here I would not be surprised at all. And it's my understanding that cars on BAT go for more then if they were posted here 9/10 times

It WAS posted here, but since BaT has rules about advertising elsewhere the details of the ad were removed.

I think most of us would rather sell here, but when you can get more money elsewhere thats where you'd go.

Mine might end up there soon too, Im still working on a private deal before I let the peanut gallery tear my as far as possible from stock "318" apart
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

It WAS posted here, but since BaT has rules about advertising elsewhere the details of the ad were removed.

I think most of us would rather sell here, but when you can get more money elsewhere thats where you'd go.

Mine might end up there soon too, Im still working on a private deal before I let the peanut gallery tear my as far as possible from stock "318" apart
                Yeah I remember it on here. Do you remember how much it was posted for? You don't think he posted it on BAT because he didn't feel like waiting for it to sell here. I think it would've sold here eventually if his price was at or under 10k

Comment

This forums avg age range is upper 20s lower 30s. That age range doesnt have the cash sitting to buy a $10k 318is. BaT has a much wider audience and many do.
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

This forums avg age range is upper 20s lower 30s. That age range doesnt have the cash sitting to buy a $10k 318is. BaT has a much wider audience and many do.
                    and that is why the BAT crowd loves fully stock unmodified "stance" cars. Do you think the white 318is would bring in more money if he raised it up to stock height?

Comment

EXACTLY! And given that most of us are younger, we are more impresurable by the actions of a more mature market (BAT), and combine that with the fact that most running, decently kept e30s are owned by a younger crowd, if that modded 318is goes for under the market value I can see cars posted here and CL trending down for at least a short time.

And I'm super interested to see the reaction of a more mature crowd to your car. I can see the middle aged man having a frenzy about owning a super fun weekend track car, or the collectors destroying it and keeping the value down.

Disclaimer: completely and utterly my hypothesis. I have virtually no proof to back me up lol.

Comment

what I'm still stunned about is the price of the white 318is WITH 3 piece BBS. it's like those wheels are not priced in at all.
                        I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                        DB vert plastic bumpers
                        OEM Keys
                        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                        91 ic Calypso 3.1
                        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                        TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                        e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

EXACTLY! And given that most of us are younger, we are more impresurable by the actions of a more mature market (BAT), and combine that with the fact that most running, decently kept e30s are owned by a younger crowd, if that modded 318is goes for under the market value I can see cars posted here and CL trending down for at least a short time.

And I'm super interested to see the reaction of a more mature crowd to your car. I can see the middle aged man having a frenzy about owning a super fun weekend track car, or the collectors destroying it and keeping the value down.

Disclaimer: completely and utterly my hypothesis. I have virtually no proof to back me up lol.

Please define "impresurable".

I think the market for E30s is changing, maturing. There are only so many left stock, and speaking for myself, I would be willing to pay for it. The white 1991 318is currently on BAT is so modified that I would never bid on it.

Comment

Originally posted by ghrays View Post

I think the market for E30s is changing, maturing. There are only so many left stock, and speaking for myself, I would be willing to pay for it. The white 1991 318is currently on BAT is so modified that I would never bid on it.
                            We discussed how most of us are young ( I'm 22). We may have decent jobs and some of us may be married and have an established budget and so on. However, I would bet that over half of us cannot spend 10k tomorrow on demand. Given that the BAT community seems to have people who are more willing to spend higher sums of money for whatever reason, their deemed value of a car affects our perspective.

I'm not applying this to everyone, but I've been told by plenty of people that they give the credit for rapid spike amongst a generally steady incline of value of our cars to BAT. And I believe them, it seems to have brought a lot of e30s from storage out and has been a popular spot for higher end e30s to sell.

Edit: oh and "impressurable" was me butchering the word impressionable. Spanish isn't my first language and I'm on my phone, my bad [emoji14]

Comment

Originally posted by ghrays View Post

Which modifications prevent you from bidding on it? wheels, coilovers, painted side skirts, exhaust etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
                                Which modifications prevent you from bidding on it? wheels, coilovers, painted side skirts, exhaust etc?
                                I think for the more "mature" buyer (Im being nice, ghrays) having a car with those mods leads them to believe that the car was treated a certain way. Oddly enough, I think the biggest detractor from the car is the exhaust as that makes the car really look like the car was just modded with the cheapest components VS quality. If it was an Remus or Stromung exhaust made for the M42 with properly bent piping and fitting, you wouldnt have those same drawbacks.

I think it was you who said in this particular cars r3v ad that the funniest comment you saw was "you lost me at rolled fenders" but that speaks to what the "mature" buyers are looking for and looking to avoid

edit: BTW theres another zinno M3 up now haha
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X