Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Musij View Post
    I got a 91 318is American model. I got power windows, AC, 13 BTN obc, and power steering but I have a manual sunroof and I believe a regular 4.1 diff

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    yes, here in the usa all that stuff was standard, but i can probably guarantee that no m42 car came from the factory with a 13 button. i bet you have a 9 button or someone retrofitted it. i have never even seen the coding chip for m42. i do have the chip for an s14 at home though......

    m42s came with vinyl or cloth seats only. no power sunroof, no 13 button, no cruise control. no check panel.....only manual transmission. no automatics.


    all usa cars came standard with power windows, power locks, am/fm cassette, air conditioning, anti lock brakes(except some early m10 cars), and power steering.
    Last edited by flyboyx; 07-19-2017, 02:39 PM.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

    88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

    Comment


      Yep my 320i's only luxury was power steering.


      1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top


      Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

      Comment


        Originally posted by Musij View Post
        I got a 91 318is American model. I got power windows, AC, 13 BTN obc, and power steering but I have a manual sunroof and I believe a regular 4.1 diff
        EDIT @flyboyx updated you in already.

        power windows AC and PS were all standard on the US version 91 318is, as were the open diff and manual sunroof. 13 button OBC was optional (6 button was standard). Vinyl or cloth sport seats were also standard.

        grab the last 7 of your VIN and input them over at bmwarchiv.de for list of original options your car came with.
        I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

        HOWTOs:
        DB vert plastic bumpers
        OEM Keys
        MTech1 docs

        88 ix Lach/Card
        91 ic Calypso 3.1
        86 Cosmo 2.7

        OEM+ or bust!


        reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
        TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
        e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

        Comment


          Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
          yes, here in the usa all that stuff was standard, but i can probably guarantee that no m42 car came from the factory with a 13 button. i bet you have a 9 button or someone retrofitted it. i have never even seen the coding chip for m42. i do have the chip for an s14 at home though......

          m42s came with vinyl or cloth seats only. no power sunroof, no 13 button, no cruise control. no check panel.....


          all usa cars came standard with power windows, power locks, am/fm cassette, air conditioning, anti lock brakes(except some early m10 cars), and power steering.
          my favorite feature of 13 button OBC is the anti-theft disabling
          The Snow Leopard - 1990 325is

          Comment


            Right. Because people totally hotwire cars today and not just roll up with a repo truck and be gone in a few minutes.
            AWD > RWD

            Comment


              Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
              Right. Because people totally hotwire cars today and not just roll up with a repo truck and be gone in a few minutes.
              speaking from personal experience......?
              The Snow Leopard - 1990 325is

              Comment


                Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                Q
                :devil:


                WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
                  speaking from personal experience......?


                  Yes.

                  It happens a lot around my town. I've personally seen the security footage of an unmarked tow truck stealing a car from a shop.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                    Yes.

                    It happens a lot around my town. I've personally seen the security footage of an unmarked tow truck stealing a car from a shop.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Jesus Christ lol. I wouldn't even know what to do if I got my car towed stolen.

                    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                      other than m42 cars, most m20 vehicles got pretty much everything for the us market.

                      obviously, no one wants an auto.

                      but in euroland, cars generally came with manual windows, no air conditioning, no antilock brakes. often no power steering....

                      here the good ones are leather sport seats, cruise control, power sunroof, 13 button obc. i personally don't care much for any factory steering wheel from that era, but mtech one is the popular stock choice.

                      limited slip differential is a big one.
                      My girl's Design Edition has a limited slip differential, anti-lock brakes, power steering, fog lights, power sunroof, rear headrests... no air conditioning and manual windows.

                      No check computer either, because it's a 1994.

                      Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                      It happens a lot around my town. I've personally seen the security footage of an unmarked tow truck stealing a car from a shop.
                      That's nuts.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Musij View Post
                        Jesus Christ lol. I wouldn't even know what to do if I got my car towed stolen.

                        Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
                        Exactly why I love living on a golf course (hate golf, but the houses are awesome) in my small mountain town.

                        My E30 has been sitting out in front of my house for a couple of months now, unlocked the entire time. There's even a key in it, sitting near the shifter.
                        My previous build (currently E30-less)
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

                        A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                          My E30 has been sitting out in front of my house for a couple of months now, unlocked the entire time. There's even a key in it, sitting near the shifter.
                          Time to pay you a visit in the middle of the night!

                          Some of the better but less common options are premium sound, map light rear view mirror, rear head rests, heated seats, full 13 button onboard computer, glovebox flashlight, extra fuel tank and the limited slip differential.

                          My M3 is fully loaded, and my 325ix (which I haven't posted about yet) has a very interesting options list.

                          The options and different body styles make for very interesting variations of these cars.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                            I wonder what it's like driving a RHD car in the states.. Yeah, in the twisties, you won't notice, but driving around town..
                            You'd notice if you weren't driving on the left side of the road.

                            Comment


                              Lol


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                              Q
                              :devil:


                              WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
                                My girl's Design Edition has a limited slip differential, anti-lock brakes, power steering, fog lights, power sunroof, rear headrests... no air conditioning and manual windows.

                                No check computer either, because it's a 1994.



                                That's nuts.
                                that is a very strangely optioned car. i do see you are in canada though. was it an across the pond import?

                                94? touring?
                                sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

                                88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X