This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Apparently this is heresy. Take two exactly equivalent E30s, one a four door, one a two door, the two door will almost always be worth double. Why this is so is baffling, when the E30 four door looks good and offers more utility.
    The only utility we seem to prefer comes in the wagon variety. Otherwise, they're extra doors that distract from the purity of the design (or something like that).

Sent from my Surface Duo 2 using Tapatalk

1985 M635csi Black on Buffalo
    1985 535is Zinno on Black
    1985 M635csi White on Pacific Blue
    1988 M3 Lachssilber on Black (sold)
    1987 M3 Zinno on Black (totaled)

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Apparently this is heresy. Take two exactly equivalent E30s, one a four door, one a two door, the two door will almost always be worth double. Why this is so is baffling, when the E30 four door looks good and offers more utility.
      I agree the four doors look very good. I have a two door but like the four door just as much. I really don't get the "parts car" hate for these. For an e46, I think the sedan is much better proportioned than the coupe.

Comment

1990 318i Touring
        https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...18i-touring-7/

1989 325i
        Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1989 BMW 325i at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #71,819.
        Last edited by 2mAn; 04-21-2022, 01:50 PM.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by carlb View Post
          The only utility we seem to prefer comes in the wagon variety. Otherwise, they're extra doors that distract from the purity of the design (or something like that).

Having had four tourings, the regular four door offers almost identical utility, excluding the transport of longer items. Two doors are just annoying to load stuff in the rear seat area, especially stuff like wheels/tires. Also, the doors on the two door are too large, and the B pillars on the four door seem more likely to offer more useful protection in a side impact.

Comment

Oh, I agree with you. I was just explaining the effect tongue in cheek because it has zero to do with utility.

1985 M635csi Black on Buffalo
            1985 535is Zinno on Black
            1985 M635csi White on Pacific Blue
            1988 M3 Lachssilber on Black (sold)
            1987 M3 Zinno on Black (totaled)

Comment

Speaking of utility, why a 2-door touring??????
              1992 325i Cabrio
              1988 320i Touring
              2000 M5
              1977 530i
              2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
              BMWCCA
              E30CCA

Comment

1990 325i Convertible
                https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...onvertible-18/

1986 325e
                Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1986 BMW 325e Coupe 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #72,065.

1989 M3
                Bid for the chance to own a Modified 1989 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #72,136.

1988 M3
                Bid for the chance to own a Original-Owner 1988 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #72,174.
                Last edited by 2mAn; 04-25-2022, 11:16 AM.
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1989 BMW 325is 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #70,090.

This one was for sale again on Facebook marketplace and eBay a week after the BaT auction. Local to me and I had considered bidding until the price went up to much at the close of the auction.

Comment

This caught my eye: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1998-bmw-318-13/

Very clean 318ti, always wondered how they are to live with, would be perfect for the type of driving I've been doing lately, getting sick of manual.
                    My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by djanalog View Post
                      https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-bmw-325is-77/

This one was for sale again on Facebook marketplace and eBay a week after the BaT auction. Local to me and I had considered bidding until the price went up to much at the close of the auction.
                      links? Curious if buyer/ seller bailed or buyer is trying to flip it
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

2mAn The links are gone now, unfortunately. I don't know the story, but saw it posted with a price of $15,999 on Facebook and the bidding was around $7k on eBay when I saw it.

Comment

I’ve seen a few cars around me, specifically one e34 540i, that have been bought on BAT from the west and attempted to flip in NY on FB. Pretty ridiculous seeing copy and paste of the BAT listing and them using the same pictures
                          1988 325iX - sold but not forgotten
                          1984 MTech1 323i

Comment

89 car. Reps, blown strut mounts, poor reupholstery work, limo tint, original expansion tank.. not bad, not great 14k…

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

1991 318 Touring
                              Bid for the chance to own a 1991 BMW 318i Touring 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #72,246.
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

links? Curious if buyer/ seller bailed or buyer is trying to flip it
                                One would think that you would have that inside info.

Comment

Working...
                                X