Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bid for the chance to own a 1988 BMW M6 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #4,967.

Not an e30 but I'm guessing no objections to posting.
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

And another 325i
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        And another 325i
        This one's down the street from me also! I've NEVER seen that black e30 around here...

Comment

They are coming out of the garages finally
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by s1uma1 View Post
            This one's down the street from me also! I've NEVER seen that black e30 around here...
            Why is it that often when a car is in very well kept condition, one or two owners, the person selling the car is not one of those two owners, but instead someone who is either not completely familiar with the car or only had it a short period of time?

I would like to get this one, http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-bmw-325i-18/ but its just too far to drive to check it out (4-5 hours). So far, I have seen in person one car that was on eBay, it was an eye-opening experience to see it up close.

s1uma1:
            What do you think this one is worth? I love the cell phone. I wonder how it worked?
            Last edited by ghrays; 07-07-2017, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ghrays View Post
              I would like to get this one, http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-bmw-325i-18/ but its just too far to drive to check it out (4-5 hours). So far, I have seen in person one car that was on eBay, it was an eye-opening experience to see it up close.
              ...because it was a pile?
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

...because it was a pile?
                The cosmetics (interior, paint) were recently refreshed in a driver quality kind of way. But the underlying car seemed worn out to me, such as how the doors shut, the windows rolled up, the operation of the sunroof, etc. I know these cars are approaching 30 years old, maybe I'm being too picky.

Comment

Why is it that often when a car is in very well kept condition, one or two owners, the person selling the car is not one of those two owners, but instead someone who is either not completely familiar with the car or only had it a short period of time?

s1uma1:
                  What do you think this one is worth? I love the cell phone. I wonder how it worked?
                  Either they are selling for someone or flippers are flipping. They find clean cars, convince people to sell...maybe fix a few things then turn around and sell for profit. Can't knock the hustle unless people straight up lie. I know of a couple of cars in particular that were enthusiast owned for years before someone convinced them to sell at a discount because the buyers claimed to be enthusiasts who always wanted one, etc. Then a month later the cars were on craigslist. Both previous owners were upset but at the end of the day, they accept their offer and sold the car.
                  "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                  88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                  89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                  91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                    Either they are selling for someone or flippers are flipping. They find clean cars, convince people to sell...maybe fix a few things then turn around and sell for profit. Can't knock the hustle unless people straight up lie. I know of a couple of cars in particular that were enthusiast owned for years before someone convinced them to sell at a discount because the buyers claimed to be enthusiasts who always wanted one, etc. Then a month later the cars were on craigslist. Both previous owners were upset but at the end of the day, they accept their offer and sold the car.
                    On this one, the BAT listing says they are selling for a family member. The seller has listed/or sold three other cars, all BMWs.

Comment

On this one, the BAT listing says they are selling for a family member. The seller has listed/or sold three other cars, all BMWs.
                      The son conned the car from his aging father to make a quick buck... lol

J/k... sorta

I dunno how much it's worth. Last year i would say 8K... today? Geeze.. the last clean black 325is sold for 16k!!!

Comment

Originally posted by s1uma1 View Post
                        The son conned the car from his aging father to make a quick buck... lol

J/k... sorta

I dunno how much it's worth. Last year i would say 8K... today? Geeze.. the last clean black 325is sold for 16k!!!
                        That one had local BMW repair shops, who had serviced the car, bidding!

Comment

That one had local BMW repair shops, who had serviced the car, bidding!
                          That's definetly a good sign!

Comment

Or a sign that they are helping to get the price up
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                              When I google the VIN on this 1989 BMW 325i on BAT now, I get this:

1989 BMW 325I Coupe Manual Transmission! All Original!! Must See!!!

https://bakersfield.craigslist.org/c...1.html?lang=es... - Translate this page
                              May 2, 2017 - 1989 bmw 325i. VIN: WBAAA1307KAE57341 cilindros: 6 cilindros color pintura: negro combustible: gas condición: good estado título: limpiar

Unfortunately, this link is expired and I can't see what the craigslist ad said.

Comment

Yessir, that was me! I was this close to getting an e9x M3, but am so glad I stuck with the e30.

Yeah, I was a little iffy on the seats too. Actually look pretty good when matched up to my Cocomat floor mats. They have that darker tan color and black and match pretty well with the seats. I'll post pics up when I finish detailing the interior. Worst case I'll just swap over the seats from my wrecked blue monster. They dont work quite as well as the new ones. The shocks to assist with moving seats forward to let back occupants work awesome, and they just work a little smoother (expected for a car with 150k less miles).

Forgot how quiet stock exhaust is. Need to get my Stromung over ASAP. Sounds like a mean sewing machine with stock exhaust; with a Stromung sounds like a drunken angry German being told the beer ran out during Oktoberfest. Probably should get the Racing Dynamics headers to really finish the sound off.

Car is overall very clean and very well maintained. Ryan G motorwerks serviced the car, so that should probably most things were taken care of. Only concern is a heavy clunk in the drivers front wheel area. Should be straight forward since all rubber is new. Guessing might be a blown control arm or blown shock, but both are new so who knows.

The biggest area of work will be the paint. Clear is actually mostly intact, just needs about 10 hours of polishing. A few door dings. Some scratches will be hard to eliminate..might try Dr. Colorchip because the paint pen blobs just wont cut it. Worst case I'll wrap it blue again...

Cheers..

Bronzit was won by one of our own firemanory was on the hunt since his car was smashed.

Looks like it will have a good home.... and on to the next one. A nice schwarz 325
                                sigpic
                                Rediculously Cool!

www.squatchboxx.com

Instagram @squatchboxxcoolers

Comment

Working...
                                X